Mike Riley

mrtoad

Frank Lampard will see his three-match ban wiped out by the FA today after referee Mike Riley admitted he made a horrible mistake on Sunday at Anfield. - Daily Mail

Good, after watching it again last night could have been the biggest cock up of the year had it not been overturned. Unfortuneately, does little good as far as the LP Chels match is concerned.

Although Riley is undoubtedley a huge trosser :o until the use of technology is brought in, errors by all refs and linesmen will continue.

Very true, just like Delaps sending off on Saturday which was deserved, but SWP should have joined him as well for the kick out, which went toally unnoticed.

Your absolutely right Toady. SWP was a very lucky lad.

Yeah, SWP was a lucky boy, and I reckon Gerrard and Macherano were also lucky against Chelsea. One thing which is a total farce is the Bosingwa incident, which the linesman said he saw, so why didn't he do anything? Very, very poor.

If you think Delap should have walked,what about the kick by the man c coloured midget,and 2 man city players running in and pushing and shoving,i though was far worde than kicking a ball at a body on the floor.If it was so bad why didnt Gerrard get sent off??????

Delaps was not a sending off,it was a booking,swp should have been sent of for a wild kick at Delap and about 4 manc players should have been at least booked for the attacks after,especialy rubber lips Richards.This shows how biased refs are to england players and top clubs and how much they deterst smaller clubs,stinks to high heaven to me.

easy with the nomenclature there eh tiger?

OY THATS NOT RACIST.

is swp cloured,i didnt say black,has richards got huge lips,nothing to do with his colour just bloody big lips.

If you think Delap should have walked,what about the kick by the man c coloured midget,and 2 man city players running in and pushing and shoving,i though was far worde than kicking a ball at a body on the floor.If it was so bad why didnt Gerrard get sent off??????

Delaps was not a sending off,it was a booking,swp should have been sent of for a wild kick at Delap and about 4 manc players should have been at least booked for the attacks after,especialy rubber lips Richards.This shows how biased refs are to england players and top clubs and how much they deterst smaller clubs,stinks to high heaven to me.

easy with the nomenclature there eh tiger?

OY THATS NOT RACIST.

is swp cloured,i didnt say black,has richards got huge lips,nothing to do with his colour just bloody big lips.

We're all coloured Mate, every last one of us.. :D

Some are sort of a shade of Peach/Salmon/Light Pink, some of us Bronze Tanned ( :o ) & some Brown, like SWP..

I have never in all my life seen an actual " BLACK " Man to be honest, anyway..

I saw a recording of the latest Football Focus where the 'cream' of football punditry resided including one Jason McAteer,who,when filling out an application form with a "sex" box,famously said "yes".

Ofcourse,the main topic of conversation was Mike Riley's performance in the Chelsea -Liverpool game.As usual,McMahon was scathing in his condemnation opining that'referees don't know the game because they haven't played it at the highest level,consequently they dont know when it's a good tackle or a bad tackle.The fact that players cheat,dive and react to a tackle like they were mortally wounded never entered the discussion.'Ex players are the ones to officiate games,was the conclusion."So,would any of you be a referee?" Dykes asked impishly.You could have heard a pin drop as they weighed up their replies and their bank balances."No,I wouldn't make a good referee because I know too much!"replied Macca quickly glancing around the table for moral support.There was nervous laughter around the studio before everybody settled back into their seats and dabbed the beads of sweat away from their brows.

Got to say that there was a " non " decision by Howard Webb yesterday that was awful..

It was at 2-2, 88 mins, Hreidesson should have got a corner, Webb was right there on the spot & gave the Goal Kick then booking Hreidesson for dissent afterwards too..

Awful decision, & a basic one & who knows, after Pompey's previous Set Piece it could have been very interesting but it wasn't to be & instead of the chance to win the Game, they lost it !!