"why You Dirty Rats..."

Dustoff

~

Has anyone seen the American style Whack-em/Squish-em rat traps here?

They chewed thru the aircon condensation drain hose in our attic and destroyed the kitchen ceiling and it is time for the GRIM REAPER to visit! (heh, heh, rubbing my hands together and drooling a bit)..

Nope, no cat wanted as a pet and da wife won't let me put snakes up there. I thought about using one of my clubs that I used to use to slaughter baby seals (before you even start on me) but our ladder is not tall enough to get me up there - besides, you know how the phone rings when you are in the most inconvenient places...

Thanks

~

They chewed thru the aircon condensation drain hose in our attic and destroyed the kitchen ceiling and it is time for the GRIM REAPER to visit! (heh, heh, rubbing my hands together and drooling a bit)..

Nope, no cat wanted as a pet and da wife won't let me put snakes up there. I thought about using one of my clubs that I used to use to slaughter baby seals (before you even start on me) but our ladder is not tall enough to get me up there - besides, you know how the phone rings when you are in the most inconvenient places...

Thanks

Be carefull the Rats may use your babyseals killing club on you.

~

Thanks

So if the ladder is too short ( and the phone always rings :o ) how are you going to get your traps in the attic? And once in place providing they work how will you retrieve the unlucky rotting critters.. Sounds like you need a dedicated rat trap trap door or something similar.. mmmm interesting! :D

So if the ladder is too short ( and the phone always rings :o ) how are you going to get your traps in the attic? And once in place providing they work how will you retrieve the unlucky rotting critters.. Sounds like you need a dedicated rat trap trap door or something similar.. mmmm interesting! :D

Nothing so complicated. The ladder allows me access from my nipples and above but I would have to climb up on the open bathroom door to get up there and there is no way, at my age, I am balancing on a swinging door 3 metres above a tile floor. Which is a bit strange since I will still leap out of an airplane at over 3000 metres.. Go figure..

Thanks Benevolent Bill for the glue trap advice but I have been a hunter (for food, never sport) since I was a kidlet and an advocate of the clean/quick kill so allowing any animal to suffer for that long just doesn't work for me. Not to mention that my gentle wife would be absolutely horrified..

And, okay, I admit it,, I never clubbed baby seals... :D

Edited by Dustoff

THEY SELL THEM AT WOROROT MARKETFOR 25BT JUST LIKE ANYTHING ELSE.THEY ARE ALL STEEL AND GREY AND I USE WHOLE PEANUTS FOR BAIT AND TRY NOT TO HAVE ANY SMELL OF MYSELF OR THE PREVIOUS VICTIM ON THE DEVICE AND HAD ONCE TWO RATS AT ONCE ON ONE PEANUT

AND YES THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE COMPUTER IT IS ALL IN CAPITAL'S - SORRY

It seems to be the season for rats... the rate I'm going through glue traps I'd recommend buying shares in them.

I've decided to get a cat before my Karmic fate determines I'll be coming back as a rodent in my next life [ some of my detractors might say it has already happened :o ]

Glue traps for me too. If you are worried about "disposal" of the abhorrent little critters, sandwich 2 of the glue plates together, wrap in newspaper, don your heaviest boots (MX ones work for me) and STOMP. Quick and effective (once you've retrieved the plates that is).

Don't fancy getting a cat? How about a dog? My Bull Terrier is pretty adept at catching rats (and cats ahem) but I don't think he'd let you stuff his 30kg through a trapdoor into your attic :o

Cheers,

Pikey.

~

Thanks

Why not use the live trap and trap them live then you could let them go without needlessly killing them in case your wondering yes I do LIKE RATS and they are very clean and very very intelligent animals. :o

Why not use the live trap and trap them live then you could let them go without needlessly killing them in case your wondering yes I do LIKE RATS and they are very clean and very very intelligent animals. :o

I am an animal person as well but only to a point and I don't think I want to simply deposit them in someone else's neighborhood. When they start living in my house, I trim them back just as I do with dangerous snakes or anything else that presents a threat to my family.

Yeah, must be the season, I've had these vermin try to pollute my house too. Then I got a dog. She promptly slaughtered the first one she could get her jaws on and the rest fled.

Good point and I do have a very fast Thai dog but he doesn't climb trees or have access to our attic. I had been wondering however why the rats would even be up there since there is nothing to eat nor water (other than my aircon hose) but it is very possible they are there for refuge from my dog..

We are currently trimming our trees/bushes back to limit their access to the edges of our roof but if there is a way back up, they will certainly find it.

Thanks for all the input and I will be trap shopping very soon..

I am an animal person as well but only to a point and I don't think I want to simply deposit them in someone else's neighborhood. When they start living in my house, I trim them back just as I do with dangerous snakes or anything else that presents a threat to my family.

Yeah, must be the season, I've had these vermin try to pollute my house too. Then I got a dog. She promptly slaughtered the first one she could get her jaws on and the rest fled.

Good point and I do have a very fast Thai dog but he doesn't climb trees or have access to our attic. I had been wondering however why the rats would even be up there since there is nothing to eat nor water (other than my aircon hose) but it is very possible they are there for refuge from my dog..

We are currently trimming our trees/bushes back to limit their access to the edges of our roof but if there is a way back up, they will certainly find it.

Thanks for all the input and I will be trap shopping very soon..

Can't you take the dog up there somehow or something? If he's anything like my Thai dog he'll put a stop to them very quick!

Can't you take the dog up there somehow or something? If he's anything like my Thai dog he'll put a stop to them very quick!

If you have ever been in an attic over here, you would know that your suggestion is not at all practical.

First there is a spaghetti-factory of Thai-style electrical wiring feeding over 20 ceiling lights, two water heaters, two aircons, that could easily electrocute our beloved Donkey (his name, not his species) - plus not only my trying to stuff a 20 Kg dog thru a small trap door in the bathroom ceiling but I don't think that the low quality drywall ceiling is meant to handle an animal of his size leaping around on it.

Just what I need, my smoldering dead dog landing on my computer, along with the shower of drywall and ratcrap... :o

If you have ever been in an attic over here, you would know that your suggestion is not at all practical.

First there is a spaghetti-factory of Thai-style electrical wiring feeding over 20 ceiling lights, two water heaters, two aircons, that could easily electrocute our beloved Donkey (his name, not his species) - plus not only my trying to stuff a 20 Kg dog thru a small trap door in the bathroom ceiling but I don't think that the low quality drywall ceiling is meant to handle an animal of his size leaping around on it.

Just what I need, my smoldering dead dog landing on my computer, along with the shower of drywall and ratcrap... :D

:o:D:D Quote of the day!!!