Feedback On 8 Nights Stay On Samui

dwoon

i would reckon 2 weeks on samui is too long,10 days max if on holiday,knowing what i know now i'd go for a few days on KPN and koh tao.i've been to monkey shows,elephant treks,waterfalls and i think they are all poor,but driving round the island and stopping off is nice,and a day out to an nong national park.

What about relaxation? Driving around, Angthong and Elefants are not the main reasons why tourists come to this island. They are here because of sun and sea, relaxing on the beaches, evenings with Thai or Seafood. Now is the month with many elder tourists fleeing the winter in Europe and staying here 4 - 8 weeks to return in spring.

First of all, you can not make crepes on a grill ...

Of course not. It would be ridiculous - just like your proclaimed expertise at making crepes. But as usual, the post went way over your head. :o:D:D:D

Next week we can have lunch and you can choose a place that is up to your standards. As I recall, you didn't mind that Indian place in FV or even that Lazy Coconut place down the road (although like most places on Samui, they don't know what a Caesar Salad is. :D ). Anyone here know where to get a proper Caesar Salad?

First of all, you can not make crepes on a grill ...

Of course not. It would be ridiculous - just like your proclaimed expertise at making crepes. But as usual, the post went way over your head. :o:D:D:D

Next week we can have lunch and you can choose a place that is up to your standards. As I recall, you didn't mind that Indian place in FV or even that Lazy Coconut place down the road (although like most places on Samui, they don't know what a Caesar Salad is. :D ). Anyone here know where to get a proper Caesar Salad?

Thats right, i did enjoy both those places. The ceasar salad at lazy coconut looked like a good salad but definatey not a ceasarsalad. On the other hand they had good fish and chips so i forgive them!

(crepes on grill, get real!)

I just had an elder french couple as my guests, first timers in Thailand. They loved four weeks here and they will come back next year for 2 months. They went to very quiet, remoted beaches, they went to Tesco, to Koh Tao and they loved also to do nothing. Samui is a great holiday spot!

Up market restaurants prices are also on the high side (Like Dr Frogs & Zico's).

I made the mistake of going to dr frogs recently - B400 for a vegetable lasagne. I was expecting a whopping slice of lasagne, filled with fresh vegetables, accompanied by a nice salad and possibly some newly baked bread.....

....I got a tiny piece of layered pasta with the odd bit of spinach or the like. that's it.

I don't mind paying up if I'm getting quality but I will not be going back there. :D:o

they have (or used to have) a sign saying 'voted best pizza on Samui' or something like that. i fell for it and man, was i disappointed. 'voted most tasteless, overpriced pizza on Samui' would be closer to the mark.