Contacts For Speedboat From Kuraburi Pier To Mu Ko Surin

nonameidentified

Hi guys,

I have no idea where to post this as Mu Ko Surin is in around Khao Lak area and there seems to be no community forum for that except the Southern forum?

But I guess Phuket forum is just as formidable for this question. Well, we'll be driving down from Chonburi to Kuraburi at the end of this month to discover Mu Ko Surin. We prefer to check out Surin than Similan to prevent tourists crowd.

Many Thais told me that Ko Surin has really nice waters and great for snorkelling. So we would like to hire a speedboat to bring us from Kuraburi pier to Ko Surin and bring us to the places around the islands that is worth dipping in to explore. A day trip to leave in the morn and return to the pier in the late afternoon.

Any kind souls out there???

Thank you!

Any travel agency (and most hotels) in Khao Lak can arrange a 1 day snorkeling trip to the Surin islands. Depending on how much commission they take, the cost should be about 2800-3000 Baht. This includes everything: the transport, snorkeling equipment, national park entree fee and lunch on the main island. You will be picked up at the hotel, and brought back there late in the afternoon.

Booking the arrangement at a travel agency or guesthouse in Kuraburi will probably be cheaper, because Kuraburi is right next to the pier from where the boats depart.

The speedboat will not be private though, you will be going with other tourists. Avoid the weekends because a lot of Thai people are going to Surin then.

Edited by keestha

Any travel agency (and most hotels) in Khao Lak can arrange a 1 day snorkeling trip to the Surin islands. Depending on how much commission they take, the cost should be about 2800-3000 Baht. This includes everything: the transport, snorkeling equipment, national park entree fee and lunch on the main island. You will be picked up at the hotel, and brought back there late in the afternoon.

Booking the arrangement at a travel agency or guesthouse in Kuraburi will probably be cheaper, because Kuraburi is right next to the pier from where the boats depart.

The speedboat will not be private though, you will be going with other tourists. Avoid the weekends because a lot of Thai people are going to Surin then.

Thank you for your reply. We will be going on weekend though cos we've got no choice. Work in Thailand, take holidays off like a Thai too. And that is why I'm planning to a private speedboat to prevent the crowd and to get to places we want to at our own pace. But anyway, thank you for your info!

You should be able to talk to any of the shared speedboat operators and negotiate a private charter fee for your trip.

They will basically charge you for all the tickets they would have sold going out full minus an amount because of the reduction in the amount of fuel they will use. Not very cheap but you'll have the boat to yourselves.

Thank you. I'll check that out when I'm there next week.

You should be able to talk to any of the shared speedboat operators and negotiate a private charter fee for your trip.

They will basically charge you for all the tickets they would have sold going out full minus an amount because of the reduction in the amount of fuel they will use. Not very cheap but you'll have the boat to yourselves.