Immigration

snowwolf

I would like to add my comments in regards to the Thai immigration system. First of all, in this day and age where you have machine readable passports (I have one, and so does every other Australian citizen whose passport was issued since 1996 or even before) I cannot understand how, and why someone with a false or non-credible passport can be allowed to enter the country. Surely just like forged money, it should be a near impossibility to create a false document like that, especially if it is run through a computer system (which it is) which subsequently does a background check on the foreigner, and determines the validity of the travel document.

I am however particularly disturbed by allegations that some low-life illegal entrants bribed their way into the country. This can not be allowed to occur even once more. I believe that if someone who was doing this was caught, they would be blacklisted, and barred from ever returning to the country, much in the same way as is done in Australia, which has one of the toughest immigration systems in the world. Another solution is requiring that citizens of most countries that currently do not require visas for stays of up to 30 days, in particular citizens of countries such as Indonesia and the Middle East (excluding Israel) who are known to have extremists or terrorists originating from there, should be required to obtain an Electronic Visa (much like the Australian ETA) which is used to perform a background check on the person before they enter. This type of visa may or may not be free, and can even be issued over the internet, however those persons concerned cannot board the aircraft which is flying them into Thailand, without showing proof that this visa was obtained, or, if coming by land, an immigration official can check in seconds on their computer system, if an ETA has been granted.

I hope that these and future suggestions can become insights and solutions into safeguarding the Thai nation and its people from the likes of undesirables, not just terrorists, but also anyone who may prove to be a threat or disturbance to the Country, the Monarchy, or its people, in any way, shape or form.