Changing Plates - Number/registration

lotus eater

I want to change the plates of my car to Chiangmai (presently they are Nakhorn Ratchasima). Perhaps someone who has done this or knows for sure can tell me the precise docs/paperwork I need to take along to the relevant office.

Many thanks for any help on this.

I want to change the plates of my car to Chiangmai (presently they are Nakhorn Ratchasima). Perhaps someone who has done this or knows for sure can tell me the precise docs/paperwork I need to take along to the relevant office.

The blue book,copies of passport and visa,letter confirming add. Why change? Just leave it reg. in NR.

The blue book,copies of passport and visa,letter confirming add. Why change? Just leave it reg. in NR.

I left it as it was for these almost 3 years; but I live in CM - and now the wife wants to change it. If there's an unreasonable fee to pay I won't do it.

I suppose immigration will issue the letter if I show the rental agreement - or do they need other docs too?

• 1 month later...
[.I suppose immigration will issue the letter if I show the rental agreement - or do they need other docs too?

I just got that letter today.

2 photos (visa size)

passport

photocopy of all passport pages used

photocopy of lease

1.5 hours.

500 baht

It may be an idea to take an extra couple of photos and another 500 baht ad get an extra copy to save the hassle if you need another one in the next couple of months. Just say you may want to buy a motorcycle too.

Edited by harrry