Need Help Locating A Shop In Old City

triffid

Some 6+ months ago I stumbled on a big shop selling mostly pictures, but also some thai/ethnic & colonial/retro artifacts, & decorative or household items. (I think you could also have a coffee there.) It was inside the moated city.

The place was a big (mainly) wood house, in good condition, on two floors - in fact two neighbouring & linked houses. It was obviously fairly new but built to a thai modern design by an architect of good taste. There was a wat directly in front. There were car parking places at the entrance and also across the road. The shop (and wat) were almost at the end of the soi.

I've been looking for it off and on for weeks now. If anyone reckons they can identify the place from my description and can pin down the location I'd be most grateful.

Some 6+ months ago I stumbled on a big shop selling mostly pictures, but also some thai/ethnic & colonial/retro artifacts, & decorative or household items. (I think you could also have a coffee there.) It was inside the moated city.

The place was a big (mainly) wood house, in good condition, on two floors - in fact two neighbouring & linked houses. It was obviously fairly new but built to a thai modern design by an architect of good taste. There was a wat directly in front. There were car parking places at the entrance and also across the road. The shop (and wat) were almost at the end of the soi.

I've been looking for it off and on for weeks now. If anyone reckons they can identify the place from my description and can pin down the location I'd be most grateful.

It isn't "Baan Thong U" is it ? Highlighted in last months CityLife Magazine.

91 Charoensrat Rd 081 9800138

Antiques, coffee, juices, food, home stay.

It isn't "Baan Thong U" is it ? Highlighted in last months CityLife Magazine.

91 Charoensrat Rd 081 9800138

Antiques, coffee, juices, food, home stay.

Thanks for the question but no that isn't it. I'm sure the place was in the old, moated city. Maybe I'll have to scour the old city on foot. (Or, following on from your tip maybe I'll drop in on the CityLife office and make inquiries there.)