Transfer Of 2nd Hand Bike Documents Into Farang Name

pattayaGaz

• 2 weeks later...

You need to show residency for a car or motorcycle, just go to immigration and they will give you the necessary paperwork you need and tell you what to do. This only applies to people that live here legally that is to say not people that are doing border runs or are on tourist visas or exemptions.

You need to show residency for a car or motorcycle, just go to immigration and they will give you the necessary paperwork you need and tell you what to do. This only applies to people that live here legally that is to say not people that are doing border runs or are on tourist visas or exemptions.

Currently on Phuket it seems unrequired.. It was last time I did a transfer but this time the agents, who can get a Thai a useable tabien baan if they are from out of province, seem to be able to do the same for farangs.. Its all part of the service they perform and charge you a couple hundred baht for.

Passport, with entry stamp (30 days OK).. and signed transfer forms.

I realize whats valid on one place is not in another but just a report from recently.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently on Phuket it seems unrequired.. It was last time I did a transfer but this time the agents, who can get a Thai a useable tabien baan if they are from out of province, seem to be able to do the same for farangs.. Its all part of the service they perform and charge you a couple hundred baht for.

Passport, with entry stamp (30 days OK).. and signed transfer forms.

I realize whats valid on one place is not in another but just a report from recently.

My friend from Mexico came here on a 6 month tourist visa he could not register a motorcycle in his name and was informed that he needed a non-immigrant B visa so, as a quick fix he put it in my wife's name.

The law is that you need a non imm visa.. But it seems many provinces ignore that..

The law is you need a residence proof (from embassy, or immigration, or via work permit or yellow book) but recently here on phuket they seem to skip that too..

The 'law' in Thailand is never hard and fast.