Nigerian Scam

terrier123

WARNING. I had opened the 'ORIGINAL' posting about Nigerian scams and Macaws when my computer suddenly went berserk. My firewalls detected a serious threat probably on a site which was mentioned in the posting. I stress that I did not go any further than the original posting and never even had time to read through it before my computer rang alarm bells, had total red page and shut down. I have gone to a restored date and deleted the posting without trying to read it again. Advice is to delete this posting without trying to read it.

Not a good start to a cool Friday Isaan morning at 07.00

WARNING. I had opened the 'ORIGINAL' posting about Nigerian scams and Macaws when my computer suddenly went berserk. My firewalls detected a serious threat probably on a site which was mentioned in the posting. I stress that I did not go any further than the original posting and never even had time to read through it before my computer rang alarm bells, had total red page and shut down. I have gone to a restored date and deleted the posting without trying to read it again. Advice is to delete this posting without trying to read it.

Are you referring to my topic?

If so, there is nothing in the post to start alarm bells.

No one else has had a problem opening it. :o Only you. :D

edit: So far, over 45 members have opened the post without a problem.

What does that indicate to you?

Edited by GungaDin

Are you referring to my topic?

If so, there is nothing in the post to start alarm bells.

No one else has had a problem opening it. :D Only you. :D

GD knows well about alarm bells....they're normally ringing everytime he goes shopping :o

That's not very nice ND.

You make me sound like a tea Leaf. :D

:D Sorry kind sir, please forgive me for I didn't intend to make you sound like a thief, I was just trying to point out that you know what alarm bells sound like therefore you wouldnt have missed them if they were ringing on your computer.

Nothing I hate more than a tea leaf :o

PS: Good spot by the way....they have to wake up early to get one past GD.

Edited by neverdie

Via Skype, introduce themselves as Ladies looking for someone to marry, sexy .... and the lot, then ask you to download a Picture... well they try, some internet cafes in suk' are already truning away customers who are from the african continent...

''....my manager recently made me aware of some of our bank's clients who passed away and their money in the accounts have not yet been claimed for several years......''

No different from ''....enlarge your penis, quick quick..''

You only get duped if you're greedy and impatient to be rich.

''....my manager recently made me aware of some of our bank's clients who passed away and their money in the accounts have not yet been claimed for several years......''

No different from ''....enlarge your penis, quick quick..''

You only get duped if you're greedy and impatient to be rich.

Or looking for a bigger dick :o

Their english is terrible in the email ones... sometimes it comes off looking nice, but its quiet bad. I get 2 - 3 a day, I just delete and block.

If you have too much time, you can write 2-3 emails with them. If they use yahoo (I guess for hotmail the same), send that including the email header to [email protected].

2 days later you get an email that the old emailadress does not work anymore because of blablabla.

Than you can play the game again....

A while ago I saw a webpage from people who teased them over xx emails and published that all......

Well it is only for people with too much time....

Hi guys,

When it comes to getting your ex girlfriend back, there are things to consider. First, establish what caused the relationship to go where it did, and why. Be sure to plan out each action to be taken, because when it comes to getting your ex girlfriend back, it is very important. Thanks

NYK

Online Dating

Guess you got scammed by the Esarn scammers... :o

The scam, essentially and metaphorically, is "I know where a pot of gold is buried and if you give me $$ for a shovel I'll give you a percentage." Before email became popular this was being run on fax messages.

There are African guys in Bangkok who try to run the scam in real-time.

It happened to two people I know, and when they tried to get rid of the guy the scammer got increasingly threatening. These were both in the Suk Soi 3 area.

It's never happened to me, but several times in the Siam Sq. area young African guys have approached me like I was a long-lost friend, and before I said a word they ask where I'm from (just like the ladyboy hookers). When I shoo them away they call me a racist. I don't give them the satisfaction of a reply.

:o

Not all emails from Nigeria are scams! I have received two emails from the Federal Bureau of Investigation in the United States attesting to the veracity of an attempt to get me to pick up $12.5 million that the Nigerian are holding for me. There was even a threat by the FBI to closely investigate my background and reasons for not collecting what is mine. Finally at least one honest Nigerian working with the FBI to assist me in claiming my money. The FBI has even gone 21st century by using live.com email addresses.

ROBERT MUELLER III

EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR FBI

FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION FBI.WASHINGTON DC.

Email:[email protected]

FBI SEEKING TO WIRETAP INTERNET

FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION SEEKING TO WIRETAP THE INTERNET

We the Federal bureau of investigation (FBI) Washington, DC in conjuction with some other relevant Investigation Agencies here in the United states of America have recently been informed through our Global intelligence monitoring network that you presently have a transaction going on with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) as regards to your over-due contract payment which was fully endorsed in your favour accordingly.

It might interest you to know that we have taken out time in screening through this project as stipulated on our protocol of operation and have finally confirmed that your contract payment is 100% genuine and hitch free from all facet and of which you have the lawful right to claim your fund without any further delay.Having said all this, we will further advise that you go ahead in dealing with the Central Bank office accordingly as we will be monitoring all their services with you as well as your correspondence at all level.

In addendum, also be informed that we recently had a meeting with the Executive Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, in the person of Prof.

Chukwuma Soludo along with some of the top officials of the Ministry regarding your case and they made us to understand that your file has been held in abase depending on when you personally come for the claim.

They also told us that the only problem they are facing right now is that some unscrupulous element are using this project as an avenue to scam innocent people off their hard earned money by impersonating the Executive Governor and the Central Bank office.

We were also made to understand that a lady with name Mrs. Joan C. Bailey from OHIO has already contacted them and also presented to them all the necessary documentation?s evidencing your claim purported to have been signed personally by you prior to the release of your contract fund valued at about US$12,500,000.00 (Twelve Million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars.), but the Central Bank office did the wise thing by insisting on hearing from you personally before the go ahead on wiring your fund to the Bank information?s which was forwarded to them by the above named Lady so that was the main reason why they contacted us so as to assist them in making the investigations.

They further informed us that we should warn our dear citizens who must have been informed of the contract payment which was awarded to them from the Central Bank of Nigeria, to be very careful prior to this irregularities so that they don't fall victim to this ugly circumstance. And should incase you are already dealing with anybody or office claiming to be from the Central Bank of Nigeria, you are further advised to STOP further contact with them in your best interest and then contact immediately the real office of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) only with the below informations accordingly:

NAME: Prof. Charles C. Soludo.

Executive Governor, Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)..

OFFICE ADDRESS: Central Bank of Nigeria,

Central Business District,

Cadastral Zone,

Abuja, Federal Capital Territory,

Nigeria.

Email: [email protected]

PHONE NUMBER; +234-80-8837-2175

NOTE:

In your best interest, any message that doesn't come from the above official email address and phone numbers should not be replied to and should be disregarded accordingly for security reasons. Meanwhile, we will advise that you contact the Central Bank office immediately with the above email address and request that they attend to your payment file as directed so as to enable you receive your contract fund accordingly.

Ensure you follow all their procedure as may be required by them as that will further help hasten up the whole procedures as regards to the transfer of your fund to you as designated. Also have in mind that the Central Bank of Nigeria equally have their own protocol of operation as stipulated on their banking terms, so delay could be very dangerous. Once again, we will advise that you contact them with the above email address and make sure you forward to them all the necessary informations which they may require from you prior to the release of your fund to you accordingly.

All modalities has already been worked out even before you were contacted and note that we will be monitoring all your dealings with them as you proceed so you don't have anything to worry about. All we require from you henceforth is an update so as to enable us be on track with you and the Central Bank of Nigeria. Without wasting much time, will want you to contact them immediately with the above email address so as to enable them attend to your caseaccordingly without any further delay as time is already running out.

Should in case you need any more informations in regards to this notification, feel free to get back to us so that we can brief you more as we are here to guide you during and after this project has been completely perfected and you have received your contract fund as stated.Thank you very much for your anticipated co-operation in advance as we earnestly await your urgent response to this matter.

BEST REGARDS

Robert S. Mueller III

Federal Bureau of Investigation

J. Edgar Hoover Building

935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Washington, D.C.

20535-0001, USA Email: [email protected]

Edited by grantbkk

• 2 weeks later...

and another one:

Mr Benson Smith <[email protected]>

Sent: Thu Feb 19 18:11

To: [email protected]

Priority: Normal

Subject:

FAMILY VACATION ENQUIRY

Type: Text

Alert:

The users email-address has been added to the addressbook

Hello Dear,

I like to make a reservation in your facility for accommodation for my

family.we are coming to your country for our Family vacation.Mr Benson Smith,Mrs Smith (Mark 16yrs),(magie 13yrs).

Arrival date:19th of April 2009.

Departure date :29th April 2009.

Number of nights: 10 nights.

Number of Room: 2DBL.

Type of Room: Double

Number of Guest: 4

confirm availability and get back to me with your rates and total cost

so that i can issue you my credit card details for a deposit payment.

Kind Regards,

Benson Smith .

Mr Grays cole <[email protected]>

Sent: Thu Feb 19 20:01

To: [email protected]

Priority: Normal

Subject:

FAMILY VACATION ENQUIRY

Type: Text

Alert:

Hello Dear,

I am Mr Grays Cole and I will like to make a reservation in your facility to accommodate my family.we are coming to your country for our Family vacation.Mr Lewis Cole,Mrs Cole(Mark 16yrs),(magie 13yrs). Arrival date:16th of may 2009. Departure date :26th of may 2009. Number of nights: 10 nights. Number of Room: 2DBL. Type of Room: Double Number of Guest: 4 confirm availability and get back to me with your rates and total cost so that i can issue you my credit card details for payment.

Kind Regards,

Grays Cole .

40 Murrayfield Avenue ,

Edinburg , E12 6 AY,

Scotland .

Scam or not?

I have the answer already!