Posts About Giving Money To Thai Girlfriends

TenDreams

Giving money to Thai girlfriends  

402 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry mate, there will be a time when you are not. Curious, when you go to the bar, do Thai girls tip you? :D

Pot Kettle Black

DC, true there was a time when I was 20, good looking, witty and charming, but sadly, overtime I have gotten older. :o

Don't worry mate, there will be a time when you are not. Curious, when you go to the bar, do Thai girls tip you? :D

Pot Kettle Black

DC, true there was a time when I was 20, good looking, witty and charming, but sadly, overtime I have gotten older. :o

That's what your wife told me. :D

Dont really care if money change hands, as long as both know the game.

Guess I feel a bit sorry for the suckers sometimes, when they think they have found love.

But then again, I will normally feel sorry for anyone that is scammed or fooled.

Might not go down very well, but just curious...

Although this worn out topic seems to come up all the time, I just want to know without going into the rights and wrongs etc, if anyone else finds reading about this practice as sickening as me.

Nothing personal to those who have posted previously on the topic.

I hope you get sick from being sickened by farangs or any man giving money to his girlfriend. :-)

Why would it bother you? Should they give to you instead? Are you a teacher?

There are so many variables determining whether or not giving money is the right thing do. Each to his own. Intolerance is bad enough already in this world. Grow up!

because the young pretty ones don't give them money, so they get the money from a few monthly, and have for their own fun. This is very well known. Tell me that you never hear about the "yummies" (you me boom boom) girls maintaining many relationships to get monthly money? so they may ask just for a bit, but you know... a bit here, a bit there.. there is a documentary that I saw in an art exposition where they show exactly how it works. They even have the money to pay some random to reply emails from the boyfriends etc... There is an agenda of time when one is coming, leaving, picking up the next one.. So, some guys really have no idea about this kind of things? there is no worst blind that the one that doesn't want to see.

No S#*t sherlock, how did you figure that one out?

And no one told me... :o

What a dumb poll :o

What does it matter to you?

Worthy post there mate.

Well, as it happens, I am simply curious.

For example, nobody I know here in Thailand would ever dream of giving girls money the way I read about here sometimes (I am not talking about just paying for odd and ends here and there, come on). Maybe as they are mainly young and good looking? Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I was wondering what most of the TV users views are about the posts they read, that's all.

I don't see how most the stories you find here relate to, for example, a UK FAMILY IN THE 1950's, with a bread winning father who supports HIS OWN FAMILY, though someone found that heartwarming story somehow relevant. Not even in the same ballpark if you ask me. Maybe I'm mental, excuse me.

Anyway, don't get me wrong, I don't mind the practice at all, we have had loads of great nights out with lovely girls who are only to happy to pay for big nights out through these means. Keep it up as far as I am concerned.

My apologies to the OP. Having supported financially my now wife and previously as my g/f, I had no idea of the sickness I was causing to someone neither of us had met or even knew of. I would appreciate your instructions on how I should spend my money in future and thus end your suffering.

Although this worn out topic seems to come up all the time, I just want to know without going into the rights and wrongs etc, if anyone else finds reading about this practice as sickening as me.

I hope you get sick from being sickened by farangs or any man giving money to his girlfriend. :-)

Why would it bother you? Should they give to you instead? Are you a teacher?

There are so many variables determining whether or not giving money is the right thing do. Each to his own. Intolerance is bad enough already in this world. Grow up!

:o

Sicken me?

Nope - it just never ceases to amaze me how many ex-pats come here and apply a set of rules and criteria to establish and maintain relationships with women - rules and criteria they would never dream of back home.

Yeah but they can't get the women back home in the first place, and if they did, they'd be paying there too. :o

voted no feelings but clicked no vote. I used to write e-mails for girls posing as them saying they needed money. I got food and beer in return. But now I'm in Korea and hooked up with a Japanese girl that buys my drinks! Maybe she will give me money like they do to all my Black friends. That's racist.

I have lived here for 6 years and I have seen my dad become one of these people, personally I know since his divorce he hasn't wanted a real relationship and he thinks that this pay as you go deal is actually much better than a natural relationship... Personally I would never pay anyone to be with me, but im 20 fit and healthy (not to mention tall and handsome:P).... and he is 53 fat and always working...

yes he is 53 and fat and allways working.yes and spoiled you I bet you never worked in your live.

I DO.

Not just for the fact of the money involved, but for reasons that there are so many idiots out there.

Also many of these girls, (not all) are only scammers and stand for everything I hate.

Over the last 6 years i have gone through so many changing opinions on the OP post

From hating it - to humoring it - to becoming a victim of it - to accepting it - to finally realise that:

It aint so black and white!

there are a lots of evil stereotypes and good reason too - BUT...

I guess its depending on who you are, whom you have attracted and where in the whole Thailand wonderland experience your at today.

Thailand is just a ride, so many predictable twists and turns -

but always the unexpected ass tickler to give you whiplash!

Thesedays i live by the following rules...

I call it the 'THAI ACID LOVE TEST'

If it was a bar girl making a finacial plea:

i would certainly decline in sending money - why?

Cos theres a 90% she is full of crap and has another 10 guys doing the exact same thing and is probably richer than me anyway

(anyone one dares to tell me otherwise - can just go stand in the corner while i call your parents - live here long enough and do the calculations - bar girls never lie)

id rather gamble on better odds than that....

If i knew the girl was genuine and i trusted her more than average

I would certainly consider sending her money - but not so that she would grow dependant and lazy on it, or worse - learning that repeating this act can be a good way to earn a living for all the other wet tissues flying in. I would just provide a one off payment to help her out and reduce the chances of her becoming a corrupted deviant.

(As i would hope someone would do for me in a similar situation)

If it was my wife...

haha - id be doomed not too - hence i wont be marrying a Thai to become the farang sponser to all her family back home and a slave to wants that become requests.

Does that sound jaded, miserly or cruel? or perhaps KI NIAW?

Well, unless you can honestly trust your wife 100% (im not quite there yet)

why complicate matters with money and expectations from the whole family? and risk further maniplulations down the line.

The way i see it is - If she leaves you as a result - well thats a great THAI ACID LOVE TEST' in my opinion.

You have probably done yourself a great favor in finding out earlier - what your dellusions and inflated ego could never dechipher here in wonderland.

Rules of exception

If i had actually visited her family whom were old, retired, struggling, clearly in the proverbial.

If i felt i could do some good without it being DEMANDED or culturally EXPECTED or whatever...

Then i would request their bank details and send cash directly to them - yes i would consider a monthly salary too if i could afford it and if it was certain it wasnt going to the monthly lottery syndicate.

Nowdays however, to avoid becoming a miserly jaded farang

I find it much more fullfilling to give a few thousand baht to the poor Cambodians on the border with no arms or legs, or the same poor suffering victims you see walking around the street half dead or selling crap at the traffic lights and sucking in black soot all day.

These poor souls are genuinely on borrowed time - if i could help one of those i would truly feel it was worth it and an investment well spent...

Ask yourself how many THais do you see giving poor folks money?

ive never seen one - dont tell me they dont have money, they dish it out to the temple repairs every month to buy good karma and fortune back for themselves,

(nothing is done without expectation) just as they expect kind foreigners to provide for them too. But just how many Thais will help strangers?

There are millions of GENUINE cases for you to give charity for...

Millions who really do need just a few hundred baht a day to live modestly and with dignity

So when your next playmate or wifey starts her predictable demands - just think about the 'Thai Acid Love Test'

so go ahead - have some fun!

:o

I have lived here for 6 years and I have seen my dad become one of these people, personally I know since his divorce he hasn't wanted a real relationship and he thinks that this pay as you go deal is actually much better than a natural relationship... Personally I would never pay anyone to be with me, but im 20 fit and healthy (not to mention tall and handsome:P).... and he is 53 fat and always working...

I,m young and handsome and lying on my back cause i,m a lazy tw-t.Cannot understand why my dad is older than me and goes to work.Why would he wont to have some fun and give some of his hard earned money to a thai girl when he could give it to a judgemental son like me,who would appreciate it. :o

I find it sickening (too strong a word) that day after day, week after week, month after month and decade after decade this topic keeps bringing up the same old debates. :D

One might wonder why you enter yourself into them then. :D

what can i say, its 4pm on a friday and I am lonely. :o

Why would you be lonely on Friday? Because you won't give them any money? IE, no GF?? My apologies if the assumption is incorrect.

So by putting 'no discussion' in the topic heading you get a lot more replies than opening it for discussion apparently?

Does a joint bank account classify as giving your gf money? I put money in, she puts money in - we both take it out :o Seems we are both renting each other according to all the negative replies on here. And I always thought we just had an open, honest, trusting and sharing relationship...

I think giving money and sharing with your loved one/s are very different things.

I think a similar question should be asked - Do you give money (on a regular basis) to your wife or GF's family? This is also a "Great Expectation" amongst the ladies here. My experience has been, that even if I don't give directly to the family, the lady will give a portion of that to her parents. I am not saying this is bad, but it is also a part of the "operating rules" here.

The previous (closed) thread was better than this one. We had posters who just outright lie, posters who are con men and take advantage of the naive girls and also a deluded bunch who think their girl is different. Some posters who told the truth were ridiculed and called stupid.

Where do you think the girls who are on the game learned? In their short careers, they were BS'd so much that they think it is normal and try to get as much as possible from their customers. As for the guys who do get ripped off, shame on them. There is plenty of information available here and on other forums. Bar girls usually get the bad rap. In fact the girls who have graduated from bar girl school are now working respectable jobs are far smarter and more dangerous.

People who decide to get married after a few weeks or a month are delusional and have no idea what kind of a person they are getting married to. There are normally plenty of lies told by both people. A little logic and common sense goes a long ways towards building a good relationship. I have read many bad luck stories and determined that there were MANY warnings given and ignored. Som nam na.

Edited by Gary A

No S#*t sherlock, how did you figure that one out?

And no one told me... :D

aw, sorry to hurt your feelings... hahahaha... lol! btw...stupid question since Im totally saying where I have the info. Alzheimer?? awww... so sorry! :o

Try to google "sarcasm"

If you still don't get it, maybe better to wait few years and try again...

alright, there are marginally some ok replies...so I ll let this run and see how it goes

however, any posts degrading others, insulting anyone for whatever choices they make with their own money.....and this thread is closed.

The general rule I have learned while being here, and the amount varies depending on age, looks, personality, etc., is "Minimize Your Losses." You're going to spend money if you get involved with a woman from anywhere. When you're in your sixties, and still like woman who haven't yet hit their "change in life", you're going to spend, anywhere. Of course there are exceptions. Like the slick posters who think it's sickening.

If you got a THai gril friend you are giving her something, no ifs and or buts about it

Take the Thai out of that statement and you've got it correct.

'If you got a girl friend, you are giving her something, no ifs and or buts about it.'

I think it's hilarious that people thing this is a phenomenon peculiar to Thailand. Women everywhere get money from their husbands and boyfriends.

Even women who have their own jobs and make lots of cash still expect lavish gifts on Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, their birthday, Christmas, etc. etc., on and on.

Ask any guy, anywhere in the world, even gay guys, having a significant other costs money.

Those that say it doesn't, are lying or in denial.