Coming Back To Pattaya - Need Help

eng911

I have been to Thailand 8 times. I have only been to Pattaya once. I had a great time but only stayed a few days. I want to come back and stay at the same hotel as it was really nice and clean and very well priced. I've looked on all the hotel reservation sites and I don't think it is listed.

Here is the kicker. I can't remember the full name. It was in Jomtien, after you turn the bend onto the beach road. It was maybe just a couple of hundred meters down. You had to hang a left up a Soi. All the outdoor eating places were right at the intersection, for Som Tam and Sticky Rice. Anyway you hang a left and it was just the second place up on the right, about maybe 50 meters in. It was all white stucco, low rise hotel with pool and only two or three stories high. It had a dive shop on premises just to the right of the main lobby.

I remember it was called The Jomtien Something, go figure eh? Anyway I remember that because we told the driver and he said all the hotels were called Jomtien Something or Other.

Does this ring any bells with anyone? It was a great little place and only 800 baht or so a night on a walk-in rate.

Also I wanted to ask about occupancy rates now that Phuket is in rough shape. Is it busier in pattaya? Would I be better to book on the Net or just drive down and go into a few places and ask. Would it be better for my Thai family members to go in first? I'm arriving Feb 23 and looking for a couple of rooms for a week. I'll be with my Wife and daughter (10), mother-in-law and sister-in-law. I want to go to Jomtien because mom is from Isaan and she will not be impressed with Pattayaland or anything that goes on downtown. She may drop dead if she sees a ladyboy :-)

Cheers,

Tony :o

Could be ?

Was the dive center called Mermaid?

I seen that one but no that's not it. The pool was much smaller and the room I stayed in was in a two story building overlooking the pool. At the bottom of the Soi at beach road there was a small bar on one side (left if looking up soi) and on the right there was a highrise that had a 7-11 or some variety type store at the bottom. When you walked up the soi you passed one highrise on right and then the hotel was the next driveway.

Maybe I'll just drive down and see what I can find. Is it really busy now since Phuket has been hit?

Tony :o