What visa to get

Hi all,

I have a fairly serious situation that I need to clear up.

I am a 30 year old English male with a company here in Thailand. My friends have used my 'Ta bien lek thee' (company registration paper) in the past along with a letter of employment from me in order to get a non immigrant 'B' visa - MULTIPLE ENTRY.

My need is for a new visa at the end of this month. I was just going to take my papaers down to Penang and get the visa however the last couple of people that have done this were only granted a SINGLE ENTRY non-immigrant 'B' visa. - How does this work?

Does this mean that if I spend either a lot of time or 7000 baht on a plane ticket also hassle and hotels and more time that after 3 months I need to do a visa run and the visa is then void? If I do not leave the country how long does this allow me to stay - 1 year?

I really need an answre to this question ASAP as running out of time.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

You can mail me offboard also if you wish at [email protected]

Thanks for the fast response.

Only 2 friends have used my company over the last year. I don't think that this has anything to do with it. The first guy used my info to get a MULTIPLE form the UK but my other mate went to Penang only 3 weeks ago and was only granted a SINGLE.

I have had 2 non-imm 'b's already and one for one year with a WP.

My real question is if I get a single entry - what does this mean? No visa runs? or if there is a visa run after the 3 + 1 months then is the visa void?

Many thanks.

Am not a work visa expert but single entry would be one entry of up to 90 days.  During this time you are expected to obtain a work permit and extend your stay at immigration inside Thailand.  After this is done you continue doing this extension of stay/work permit each year and no longer have to leave/obtain visa.

No I surrendered the WP a few months back when the company made a huge redundancy.

I have my own company here but do not want to gain a WP just the multi-entry visa - which is the best way?

I sincerely appreciate all of this assistance - Thanks guys/gals