Ssr Epic Ride I

Bard

Glad I'm not in the North Sea on my 2 and 2 rotation now, BRrrrr!

Videos are being ripped to the HDD as we speak. 10 GIG of road blasts in one 3ish hour leg from Khon Kaen to Nong Khai!

My other biking buddy is a raging alky man! He's on the booze at 12 noon on arrival! Still at it now! Fcking drinking cyborg machine of a man! :o

He'd better be ready to rock and roll early doors or I'm leaving his ass behind in Nong Khai the morrow :D

Yes Neverdie I'm on a non-stop mission for the coolest groove riding experience to blitz the nets hallowed biking hallways!

Hopefully it will entail mega speeds of 150 kph++++, corners and flying past things without ending up a cripple or in traction for 12 months!

So far so good :D

JK- You're going to get some AMAZING vids on the SSR Epic Ride, both on the road and off. Tak to Mae Sot to Mae Hong Song to Pai has to be one of the most brilliant motorcycle roads on the planet.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...e=UTF8&z=12

Can't wait to tear 'em up!

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad I'm not in the North Sea on my 2 and 2 rotation now, BRrrrr!

Videos are being ripped to the HDD as we speak. 10 GIG of road blasts in one 3ish hour leg from Khon Kaen to Nong Khai!

My other biking buddy is a raging alky man! He's on the booze at 12 noon on arrival! Still at it now! Fcking drinking cyborg machine of a man! :D

He'd better be ready to rock and roll early doors or I'm leaving his ass behind in Nong Khai the morrow :D

Yes Neverdie I'm on a non-stop mission for the coolest groove riding experience to blitz the nets hallowed biking hallways!

Hopefully it will entail mega speeds of 150 kph++++, corners and flying past things without ending up a cripple or in traction for 12 months!

So far so good :D

JK, you are one of a kind old mate. I cant wait to view the next batch, also looking forward to the day when you change out of 3rd gear and get above the 200km/h mark, especially on some nice sweeping 65km/h corners :o:D .......just kidding please don't try that!

Well here's my new bike readily tour kitted with the E41 sides and V46 top box, also got the frame slider on and note the Tour Screen in front which will make it a comfy ride in ehh highway speed.

All the bike is missing is it's rider who sit in Africa longing for the ride.

BTW if anyone goes to Yamaha and look at it, remember if you don't run your fingers over my bike, I won't run my bike over your fingers.

Cheers Bard

3287396383_f31b11a695_o.jpg

BARD, The bike looks great man.....holy hel_l they are some awesome sized panniers....you will have oodles of storage space.....pity they couldnt colour code them for you?

Bike is awesome.....ohh and don't worry I didnt touch it the other day when I was down at the yammie dealer....but i did get little neverdie caught in the exhaust can when I was getting a little freaky down there :D .....I'm really hoping this doesnt mean your gonna try and run little neverdie over :o

OHH So THAT was what the gouey was on the exhaust was!!! Wrap it out man, gotta run over it now :D

Pissed me off with the color code, but hey that's what a paint jobby can fix after. All depressed over how slow time can go out here dammit... I wanna go ride on my new toy nownow...

Cheers Bard

Well according to Tony, we will be there the 8th somehow Korat is a must do for him. I don't even know anything about the Korat bike week, there seems to be nil info available. But we defo be in Udon the 7th so you can burn rubber up the 6th and meet us there 7th for unrestricted fun. Then crash the Korat party the 8th (if we can find it) if it is only a rumor and not real we will always find something fun to do in Korat before heading further. :o

Cheers Bard

Well here's my new bike readily tour kitted with the E41 sides and V46 top box, also got the frame slider on and note the Tour Screen in front which will make it a comfy ride in ehh highway speed.

All the bike is missing is it's rider who sit in Africa longing for the ride.

BTW if anyone goes to Yamaha and look at it, remember if you don't run your fingers over my bike, I won't run my bike over your fingers.

Cheers Bard

3287396383_f31b11a695_o.jpg

BARD, The bike looks great man.....holy hel_l they are some awesome sized panniers....you will have oodles of storage space.....pity they couldnt colour code them for you?

Bike is awesome.....ohh and don't worry I didnt touch it the other day when I was down at the yammie dealer....but i did get little neverdie caught in the exhaust can when I was getting a little freaky down there :D .....I'm really hoping this doesnt mean your gonna try and run little neverdie over :o

OHH So THAT was what the gouey was on the exhaust was!!! Wrap it out man, gotta run over it now :D

Pissed me off with the color code, but hey that's what a paint jobby can fix after. All depressed over how slow time can go out here dammit... I wanna go ride on my new toy nownow...

Cheers Bard

Geeze, ur gonna have to drive real close to my body to hit it, little neverdie is only millimetres long you know :D

Neverdie

I though you claimed it was ground down to 16", well you know if that was mm then it's a good thing... I promise I won't do a burnout or stoppie on it, and it will make it longer you know, flatter perhaps but longer :D you might become a p o r nstar with an odd looking junior :o

Cheers Bard

Hi Guys,

This thread moves so fast us slow guys are struggling to keep in touch with what the final plan is.

I will definately meet up with you in CM on the 5th, and see what the ongoing plan is. May have changed a few times by then?

Khorat may be some sort of vintage bike meet, should be able to find out today as the Khorat bikers are up here in KK for the bike week.

Cheers John

Your the man John,

Great need the info, we will be in Chiang Mai the 5th then myself as well will take it from there. What Tony has missed in his revised plan is the Trent, can you see him staying in Chiang Mai without hitting both of his attractions? Can anyone see him in Udon for one short night out... Believe me it will be fun to see Tony using a crowbar and whip to get him down to a "vintage" one day bike week, we will laugh ourselves to death John...

So I will just enjoy it from Chiang Mai pick up some local attractions and enjoy my time, while Tony will be pulling in NakedMAN who find more than one attraction, hahaha...

Cheers Bard

Here is a suggestion on routes from Chiang Mai to Udon Thani;

First one is as planned which is 618km stretch

3296770523_e70deddf46_o.jpg

Which has this terrain

3296770529_9b8ae690ee_o.jpg

And here is a proposed alternative route which is a 895km stretch, donno if everyone is up to it????

3296770539_516b87da46_o.jpg

Which has this much more interesting terrain

3296770543_ac4702a4e9_o.jpg

Feedback???

Cheers Bard

Here is a suggestion on routes from Chiang Mai to Udon Thani;

First one is as planned which is 618km stretch

3296770523_e70deddf46_o.jpg

Which has this terrain

3296770529_9b8ae690ee_o.jpg

And here is a proposed alternative route which is a 895km stretch, donno if everyone is up to it????

3296770539_516b87da46_o.jpg

Which has this much more interesting terrain

3296770543_ac4702a4e9_o.jpg

Feedback???

Cheers Bard

I'm told the road to Nan is awesome. I have always wanted to see this road. If I was riding. Option B for me. Gotta be on the road at the crack of dawn and on the pace. Those curves keep speed down,

OK here is a question if anyone ever done the alternative route on TV;

From Nan to 203 via the alternative route is there any fuel stops along the way? For the Fazers it's not a problem as it is 302km but for the guys with 200km range it will be, so as attached map show, is there any fuel stops along that road?

3297062061_2177da574a_o.jpg

Cheers Bard

OK I got in some information from Dave at GT-Rider that there is road work on R11 so to avoid this, the attached is the fastest route to Udon, guess we all want to soak up some local attractions and this route is 665km long, which is not bad. The redirection via 101 is nice rolling hills so it would be a fun ride anyhow.

So guys let me know what you all want to do as the rest of the route is pretty easy to hack out... After Korat we might split for the ones who need to go to BKK can ride with AntR1 and Rustic I guess the rest can do the Rayong one with me.

Cheers Bard

3298279852_58ba3f8dc3_o.jpg

Hi Bard and guys.

First, maybe Tony and Trent will confirm as they were at KK, but noone seems to have any hard info on anything other than maybe a few guys who like vintage bikes getting together, but even that is not in  town but somewhere in the province. Yamaha guys from Khorat knew of  nothing..  Forgive me if there is secret info that I have not ferretted out.

Secondly, I hve done both routes you posted. The shorter one has no fuel problems. The second longer route via Nan, has some great roads, but only really enjoyable by breaking into 2 with an overnight stop in Nan.   I could do it in one, but see no reason as it would be a very long day, virtually no time to stop apart from fuel, probably finishing in the dark and see very little of the great countryside because of the speeds needed, so not my bag, but I would not stop you having a go at it as some sort of endurance feat. I would be happy to take the other route and meet you in Udon.  There are a couple of long sections with no fuel but nothing over 100km, so just have to fill up, can tell you where if I study the map a bit more.

Well Saturday rocked at KK bike week. Great ride out which unfortunately Trent was not able to attend as he seems to have had some trouble sleeping.  Great evening and not yet heard wether the guys got any rest last night.

Hi John,

I am keen on the last route David suggested as it is faster and also we avoid the road works, so it should be a good one. I would like to soak up some local attractions and not arrive late night with no energy for fun.

From all I can gather there is no info on the Korat deal, so it might just be a flop. If even the Korat bikers don't know about it... As you say maybe a few bikers meeting up for a meet up and that's it. In that case we can flex that part of the trip to meet other needs. E.g spend more time in CM, night over in Nan, one more Night in Udon, Stop over in KK... Limitless, so we can take it as it comes...

Trent having sleeping problems, hahaha and Yamaha has an FZ1 for him to abuse all weekend and he choose to lay in :o Well guess he had some company worth it...

Cheers Bard

Not too sure where these road works are as I use this route regularly, and apart from the ones near Uttaradit which have never been a problem, I have not found any, also Ian came down it to Khon Kaen this weekend. I will ask him, anyway I will be going up to CM on wed by car so will check out 11. I usually divert from 11 after Uttaradit anyway if I am going to Udon.

Will post after my CM trip this week.

Not too sure where these road works are as I use this route regularly, and apart from the ones near Uttaradit which have never been a problem, I have not found any, also Ian came down it to Khon Kaen this weekend. I will ask him, anyway I will be going up to CM on wed by car so will check out 11. I usually divert from 11 after Uttaradit anyway if I am going to Udon.

Will post after my CM trip this week.

Hi All!

I recall that the Highway 11 from Nan was under construction when Trent and I rode it in December, but at the time traffic was light so it really wasn't a big deal and there were some stunning stretches that made it a great ride.

I'm easy- whatever route you guys want to do is cool. I'm not worried about fuel- really shouldn't be a problem. My only request - I really don't like riding around dusk and after dark in the country- it always seems to me that's when the dogs become more unpredictable and you get a lot of school kids blasting around on their scooters and other unpredictable traffic, etc etc.

Happy Trails!

Tony

OK so then it's settled we'll do the normal route, DavidFL warned about R11 between Den Chan and Uttaradit to be 10's of kilometers line of cars, plus no pavement 2 weeks ago and recommended to go R11, sweep 101 and back to R11 to bypass this area, it's a 45 km roundtrip but also rewarding with rolling hills. I suggest we ask when we arrive in Chiang Mai for an update, and should the R11 on that stretch be crap we can always do the 101 sweep trip as a backup.

I agree I don't want to ride around in after sunset, I want to have a cold beer then with somebody positive at my lap, not dodging dogs, chickens and what have we.

600 odd kilometers is no biggie if we head off early we should be checked in and in the bar by dawn, should Trent still be sleepy he can always ghostride to catch up :D We can leave him the scraps in the bar if he's late :o

Cheers Bard

Hi John,

I am keen on the last route David suggested as it is faster and also we avoid the road works, so it should be a good one. I would like to soak up some local attractions and not arrive late night with no energy for fun.

From all I can gather there is no info on the Korat deal, so it might just be a flop. If even the Korat bikers don't know about it... As you say maybe a few bikers meeting up for a meet up and that's it. In that case we can flex that part of the trip to meet other needs. E.g spend more time in CM, night over in Nan, one more Night in Udon, Stop over in KK... Limitless, so we can take it as it comes...

Trent having sleeping problems, hahaha and Yamaha has an FZ1 for him to abuse all weekend and he choose to lay in :o Well guess he had some company worth it...

Cheers Bard

I thought it was about time i made a post, ive been in Australia for a few weeks doing family things and didnt really get alot of time to read this thread until now. Wow, you guys write alot!

so anyway got back from Australia and Yamaha offered me a FZ1 for the KK bike week... my honest opinion is its very uncomfortable and i couldnt wait to get off it. I didnt go on the ride on Saturday for 2 reasons.... first was i didnt like the bike and second was we were exploring KK unil 5am with Yamaha boys ... and some company.

I tell you something, KK is an awesome place. Loads of nice restaurants, nice people, great night life and really really sexy women... i cant remember the last time i saw that many attractive women day in day out. Maybe thats because i spent the last 3 weeks in Australia.

picking up my FZ6 in the morning. FYI Bard, the bike takes 2.8 litres of oil not 4. Will do my run in and thinking of doing 1000km on Thursday or Friday just to make sure its ready for the weekend trip with Yamaha and then tour on Tuesday.

Ive only done 1 days work in the last month and ive got 2 more weeks of touring on my schedule... im so bad!

So anyway it was nice to see you all on the weekend. Look forward to riding you all next week!

Dont know about the Korat bike week... sounds dodgy! Yamaha BKK said they dont go and its a lame excuse for a meeting... if others arent keen i suggest we spent the time somewhere else. I hear Udon rocks!!

congrats on the new bike travelmate, the boys tell me its well nice. Ill see you at the track soon.

I havent even picked up my new FZ6 and im already considering getting a R6 for track only to compete with you!

if anyone is up for a blast before the weekend let me know, dont care where i go as long as the round trip is close to 1000km.

anyway gotta run, off for a massage :D

I thought it was about time i made a post, ive been in Australia for a few weeks doing family things and didnt really get alot of time to read this thread until now. Wow, you guys write alot!

so anyway got back from Australia and Yamaha offered me a FZ1 for the KK bike week... my honest opinion is its very uncomfortable and i couldnt wait to get off it. I didnt go on the ride on Saturday for 2 reasons.... first was i didnt like the bike and second was we were exploring KK unil 5am with Yamaha boys ... and some company.

I tell you something, KK is an awesome place. Loads of nice restaurants, nice people, great night life and really really sexy women... i cant remember the last time i saw that many attractive women day in day out. Maybe thats because i spent the last 3 weeks in Australia.

picking up my FZ6 in the morning. FYI Bard, the bike takes 2.8 litres of oil not 4. Will do my run in and thinking of doing 1000km on Thursday or Friday just to make sure its ready for the weekend trip with Yamaha and then tour on Tuesday.

Ive only done 1 days work in the last month and ive got 2 more weeks of touring on my schedule... im so bad!

So anyway it was nice to see you all on the weekend. Look forward to riding you all next week!

Dont know about the Korat bike week... sounds dodgy! Yamaha BKK said they dont go and its a lame excuse for a meeting... if others arent keen i suggest we spent the time somewhere else. I hear Udon rocks!!

congrats on the new bike travelmate, the boys tell me its well nice. Ill see you at the track soon.

I havent even picked up my new FZ6 and im already considering getting a R6 for track only to compete with you!

if anyone is up for a blast before the weekend let me know, dont care where i go as long as the round trip is close to 1000km.

anyway gotta run, off for a massage :o

Good fun blasting up to KK with the Yammie boyz! Some of those dudes can RIDE!

I'll see ya tomorrow am Trent and I'll bring 3 (or 6?) liters of the Shell Super Helix 10w40 for your run in.

Skipping Korat is an option since no one seems to be able to find any concrete info on the event.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Hey Tony,

ya 6 litres should be fine.

awesome... that means we get the 2 night in Chiang Mai after all - 2 GF's, 2 night...sounds right doesnt it? Day trip to Doi Inthanon perhaps.

Bard and I will have do check into Yamaha the first chance we get for oil and oil filter change before the day trip

cant wait for tomorrow... Christmas in February

I wanna go! Maybe I'll ship my bike by mail to Mae Sot ... then fly in to Mae Sot, ride one day with you guys, then mail my bike back from Chiang Mai...and fly back to work... I'll tell everyone I'm sick that day... but will have a hard time explaining the permagrin on my face the next day. - Yeah!!! :o

I wanna go! Maybe I'll ship my bike by mail to Mae Sot ... then fly in to Mae Sot, ride one day with you guys, then mail my bike back from Chiang Mai...and fly back to work... I'll tell everyone I'm sick that day... but will have a hard time explaining the permagrin on my face the next day. - Yeah!!! :o

see now there is a dedicated rider, screw work....lets ride!

travelmate... you reading this??

Groove rider!

Ok I survived the last part of my expedition into Isaan and I'm back at base.

Thanks to CBRthai for pointing out the blown shock seal and letting me know about the Petchaburi bike shop, they fixed it after a saga and a half :o

Got to go, I've 60 GIG of video data to cut, process and blast into the web for you all to groove to :D

It will be a loooong week of geeking it for sure!

This is all coming together nicely, just a quick one Trent I read through the FZ6 S2 manual (07 model) and it list Yamalube 4 10W-30 as the oil in the bike, that is according to my Lube Tables Mineral Oil, so when you do go down there read the label and see first if it Petroleum / mineral based or what... I checked on the R6 which is fully synth Yamalube 4s before so there we go again, good that I checked again eyh? So check the tin to see what they have in the bike already first mate. If not there is no harm in having some oil with you.

Jim 60 bloody gig, you will be having square eyes when I meet you...

Cheers Bard

Jesus Christ on his mountain!

Please tell me you're not gonna wear that! :LOL

Banana bike man cometh!

You won't get hit at night wearing that, Bard, put him at the front :o

This is going to a be manic bike trip ala Hunter S Thompson! I can feel it the way this quirky thread is going.

Bring it on!