Ssr Epic Ride I

Bard

If you want three days, then best to blast to Udon. 2nd day do the epic curves to Petchabun. 3rd day race to Bkk.

ok now, im all for hitting the epic Petchabun twisties as they are awesome ,but may i suggest only a light appetizer before our epic tour on Tuesday...now Trent you mentioned Kanchanaburi which is a nice round 1000 kms and involves Sat/Sun only which allows me to get a small bit of work done in between feeding my riding addiction :o or can anyone suggest something else???

Edited by Triangulator

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want three days, then best to blast to Udon. 2nd day do the epic curves to Petchabun. 3rd day race to Bkk.

ok now, im all for hitting the epic Petchabun twisties as they are awesome ,but may i suggest only a light appetizer before our epic tour on Tuesday...now Trent you mentioned Kanchanaburi which is a nice round 1000 kms and involves Sat/Sun only which allows me to get a small bit of work done in between feeding my riding addiction :o or can anyone suggest something else???

im up for 3 days riding but id like to have an easy 3 days, i mean my hemmoroids are still getting over riding that dam_n FZ1 to KK and back

and then when i get back ive got 1 days rest and 10 day trip again. maybe limit the trip to like 1200km return in 3 days... possible?

I will beat that man, don't you worry about that, good thing you were first so I have something to beat hahaha

Cool got hump and all, Doctor??? Good question man beats me, hey did you already get your white plates Trenty?

Cheers Bard

i got nickname on my plates "ladyboy lover" but they arent ready yet. i think was some discussion at the transport office about the choice of plate but im sure Yamaha will sort it out

what was the special treat Mr Man gave you for not having your exhaust ready in time?

THAT is a secret but it has something to do with clean air and exhaust, figure that out mate...

Cheers Bard

hel_l yeah! Let's hit it! How will Trent ever be able to wait until Saturday to start racking up some serious miles on his beautiful new FZ6?

TrentsNewFZ6.jpg

Just spoke to Grant- he's in Loei now and said he might like to join us for a weekend trip to Kanchanaburi too!

Happy trails,

Tony

Hey Trent,

You ever gone South? I think Jim had a brilliant trip in a valley South Thailand, that might be the trip to do around Ranong or something can't remember.

No just pulling your leg dude , the suit is cool, a bit on the bright side but hey that is increased safety anyway as the other traffic see you. So I'm happy for you mate, wish my leather was in Thailand before the trip, but it unfortunately isn't if not I would be all leather up with you instead of the mesh stuff. I also went for contrasty colors as bright as possible as it increases the safety in traffic a lot, well done. And you're right one piece suit is a bastard to get on / off hence I went for split set, can zip it together after I don it anyways so it works like a full suit, only that it's easy to don, and at stops it's easy to toss off the jacket.

Did the suit have the hump? Can't see from the picture...

Cheers Bard

ya man it has the hump and its perforated to the ying yang. says "the doctor" on the ass. dont know whether that means i need to see a doctor or what... will figure it out soon

i think my suit glows in the dark, will wear it tonight to bed and find out!

Bard dude i got up to 200km/hr on the break in... beat that

Your "Banana Suit" is actualy replica of Valentino Rossi's racing Yamaha Fiat suit.

"The Doctor" is his nickname among moto-racing fans.

Since his dominance in 500 cc and MotoGP, Rossi has used the nickname "The Doctor." This has been attributed to his "cold and clinical dismantling of his opponents" as well as his cool and calm composure in racing compared to his frenetic days in 125 cc and 250 cc where his performance was erratic and dangerous, resulting in numerous crashes. Two theories prevail as to why Rossi is entitled to "The Doctor." One is that Rossi adopted the nickname upon having earned a degree, which in Italy entitles one to use the title "Doctor.." Another, as spoken by Graziano himself, "The Doctor because, I don't think there is a particular reason, but it's beautiful, and is important, The Doctor. And in Italy, The Doctor is a name you give to someone for respect, it's very important, The Doctor... important". Although Valentino often jokes that the name arrived because in Italy, Rossi is a common surname for Doctors.

Hey Trent,

You ever gone South? I think Jim had a brilliant trip in a valley South Thailand, that might be the trip to do around Ranong or something can't remember.

No just pulling your leg dude , the suit is cool, a bit on the bright side but hey that is increased safety anyway as the other traffic see you. So I'm happy for you mate, wish my leather was in Thailand before the trip, but it unfortunately isn't if not I would be all leather up with you instead of the mesh stuff. I also went for contrasty colors as bright as possible as it increases the safety in traffic a lot, well done. And you're right one piece suit is a bastard to get on / off hence I went for split set, can zip it together after I don it anyways so it works like a full suit, only that it's easy to don, and at stops it's easy to toss off the jacket.

Did the suit have the hump? Can't see from the picture...

Cheers Bard

ya man it has the hump and its perforated to the ying yang. says "the doctor" on the ass. dont know whether that means i need to see a doctor or what... will figure it out soon

i think my suit glows in the dark, will wear it tonight to bed and find out!

Bard dude i got up to 200km/hr on the break in... beat that

Your "Banana Suit" is actualy replica of Valentino Rossi's racing Yamaha Fiat suit.

"The Doctor" is his nickname among moto-racing fans.

Since his dominance in 500 cc and MotoGP, Rossi has used the nickname "The Doctor." This has been attributed to his "cold and clinical dismantling of his opponents" as well as his cool and calm composure in racing compared to his frenetic days in 125 cc and 250 cc where his performance was erratic and dangerous, resulting in numerous crashes. Two theories prevail as to why Rossi is entitled to "The Doctor." One is that Rossi adopted the nickname upon having earned a degree, which in Italy entitles one to use the title "Doctor.." Another, as spoken by Graziano himself, "The Doctor because, I don't think there is a particular reason, but it's beautiful, and is important, The Doctor. And in Italy, The Doctor is a name you give to someone for respect, it's very important, The Doctor... important". Although Valentino often jokes that the name arrived because in Italy, Rossi is a common surname for Doctors.

lol very funny... dude you will learn... take everything i say with a grain of salt. I think you are the only person in history to take me literally! classic

Hmm No tourscreen and what happen to the wheels there? Is those to match the bananasuit?

Cheers Bard

They is to match the helmet :o

IMG_0090.jpg

Doesnt he look happy :D

The yellow stripes are to match my yellow helmet ... or should i say Troy Bayliss Replica Helmet... is that more specific?

I would of worn my Valentino Rossi Replica Helmet but i wasnt wearing my banana suit.. sorry my VR Rep Suit

The yellow stripes are to match my yellow helmet ... or should i say Troy Bayliss Replica Helmet... is that more specific?

I would of worn my Valentino Rossi Replica Helmet but i wasnt wearing my banana suit.. sorry my VR Rep Suit

who is Troy Bayliss and why is he called replica? :o

Edited by Triangulator

Well it's looking very good Trent, really cool ride you got now.

I am devastated that my Exhaust is delayed, my leather is delayed... The world is against me for the moment... OK the bright side is that I can dyno the beast after the Epic run and get the baseline done, then add the exhaust and PC and get it tuned in and see what it does, step by step which is a bit cool.

The leathers I really hope is there for HST I'll do so I can get true genuine wear on the brand new kneepads...

Roll on Monday, and I shall break her in, then Tuesday the take off, yohoo. Are all up for starting from Yamaha at 09:00 to Mae Sot?

Cheers Bard

Roll on Monday, and I shall break her in, then Tuesday the take off, yohoo. Are all up for starting from Yamaha at 09:00 to Mae Sot?

Cheers Bard

0900 departure is pretty late... It's crazy hot these days and I'd vote for a crack of dawn departure (~0700) to be out of the city before the traffic and heat. We're looking at about a 6 hour ride. The blast from Bangers to Tak is fast, then a bit slower over the mountain to Mae Sot. But then again we're going to be hauling a$$, so as long as the coppers don't throw up a roadblock I guess we can still make Mae Sot before Happy Hour! :o

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Hmm it's only 488 km so in average 90 km/h it's 5 hours or so...

I can get Mr. Man to open up at 8:00 but there was his limit, if Not Tony I can ride my bike and park it at your house and meet you there at 7:00.

O so here is a task for the ones with reliable phone lines;

Can someone book room at Mae Sot Guest House 055 532 745 price for AC room is 280 baht a night but they have cheaper non ac as well. I want AC...

Mea Hong Son 053 620 119 rooms 100 - 350 baht a night, again I want AC

Chiang Mai, you guys take care of that one, I usually stay at Royal Lanna but if you guys have something everyone feel ok with in terms of price, I am cool as long as I have AC.

Udon, no prob taken care of.

Also please PM the mobiles of eachothers, I got Tony and Trent on my mobile but let's resend to all on the ride.

Cheers Bard

Hmm it's only 488 km so in average 90 km/h it's 5 hours or so...

I can get Mr. Man to open up at 8:00 but there was his limit, if Not Tony I can ride my bike and park it at your house and meet you there at 7:00.

O so here is a task for the ones with reliable phone lines;

Can someone book room at Mae Sot Guest House 055 532 745 price for AC room is 280 baht a night but they have cheaper non ac as well. I want AC...

Mea Hong Son 053 620 119 rooms 100 - 350 baht a night, again I want AC

Chiang Mai, you guys take care of that one, I usually stay at Royal Lanna but if you guys have something everyone feel ok with in terms of price, I am cool as long as I have AC.

Udon, no prob taken care of.

Also please PM the mobiles of eachothers, I got Tony and Trent on my mobile but let's resend to all on the ride.

Cheers Bard

Cheers Bard,

You are of course welcome to stay at my place. I'd better hide the beer though or we may miss our early departure :o

I'm not quite sure how many bikers are going on the SSR Epic Ride. I think we've got at least 5 confirmed yes? I always estimate ride times conservatively and generally the larger the group the more stops and the longer the ride. Figure 2 or 3 gas stops, a decent lunch and a random piss stop or two I still think it'll be about a 5-6 hour ride.

I'll be happy to call and book some rooms tomorrow, but not sure how many I should book... During the week I don't imagine it will be hard to find lodging. For CNX what do you think about Top North? Great location, not fancy, but presentable, 700-800/night and stumbling distance from the Kafe and other fine biker establishments. http://www.topnorthgroup.com/Hotel.htm Oh yes, and in this heat the POOL at the Top North will feel SO GOOD!

Another fun option would be the "I cum, you cum, we all cum at the Phucome Hotel" :D:D:D They've got rooms starting from 950/night and there's a lot more than just food on the room service menu :D

Happy Trails!

Tony

Hey Tony,

Here is what I have to do, I will run the bike for an oil change deal, and either park it at Yamaha and take a taxi home, or ride it to your house park it and take a taxi home. Then jetlagged as I will be I will have to entertain my wife that night, pack for the trip, and jump in a taxi and come back up to Bangkok the 3rd. So for me 8:00 would not be to bad, 7:00 from your house is doable as I can reach there in 1,5 hours with a taxi from the motorway up. In that case there is no point of meeting up at Yamaha, we can ride to say Talat Bang Khen where we would do the R1 from...

Wish I could sleep over but I have nothing with me as I arrive from Angola, so I need my biking gear and my wife needs some comforting after I've been gone for a month...

If we start at Yamaha we might get a good luck token for the road...

Whatever meets the purpose guys, I would appreciate 8:00 from Bangkok as I have 2 hours drive to get there.

Cheers Bard

Oh sorry the list of participants;

BigBikeBKK

NakedAIR1300

JimsKnight

Triangulator

Bard

Until Chiang Mai, Then JohnGooding will join us to Isaan.

People who should also have joined is Travelmate who has to brown nose with his boss when we ride around in tranquil landscape with fun evenings on cool bikes, I can feel his pain hopefully we crash into him in Isaan in the weekend.

Anyone else who want to go, belch out before it's to late. For weekend warriors we will be in Udon the 7th so you can meet up with us there for the final leg of fun and games...

Cheers Bard

who is Troy Bayliss and why is he called replica? :o

your such a tool triangle...

listen theres only room for one <snip> in every group and this group already has one... me.. so leave it out will ye?

For Chiang Mai I know a cheaper place just around the corner from the Phucome Hotel, it's about 400 - 800 baht a night with WiFi, it's pretty much the first right turn you hit on Huay Gaew and then another right at the end of the road. You can't miss the turn-off on Huay Gaew as its were the petrol station is on the left and the great big tower block is on the right.

It's not got the naughtyness factor though :o

Hopefully, if we get there early enough and I'm not knackered, I'll try and get to my mates bar (the Pitstop) where I left my tankcam mount for some fixed camera action while on the move :D

I've not been able to raise him on the comms so that's a 50/50.

Edited by JimsKnight

Sounds good Jim,

We should be in CM pretty early as we only ride from Mae Hong Son that day which is not that time consuming. Ordered a tank mount for my bike as well, but still not arrived yet, so I cross my fingers on that one. Should not be to knackered as we will have two days of shortish distance before CM, the medium leg is to Mae Sot and the long one is from CM to Udon.

As soon as we arrive and get the hotel sorted in CM I have to bang in my bike for service and then hit the town.

Cheers Bard

If we're going for an early departure from Bangers then I'll have to hound out somewhere to stay nearby.

Are any biking outposts in BKK open for the knight? :o ?

Good question, I will sleep over in Rayong dude so I am up before the sun myself, luckily I parked my bike at Tony's house, and can sleep in the taxi on the way up... hope he don't cum all over it... PM the rest and see if they can help you out mate. Think realistically we boot up from Tony (me and Tony) just before 8:00 and meet up with the rest of you guys further up the road. 8 means 5 for me, have to get a tad sleep after 3 days in airplanes and airports, so when you see a living dead well that's me alright...

It's ok Bard I'll find somewhere to sneak into on the monday. I know a place on Lat Prao that's got apartments, they'll let me crash there for one night. If not it's time to sleep outside with the security guards for company! :o

I've called my buddy in Chiang Mai. Good news, he's still got my Camera mount.

Further good news is its a place with a fully equiped workshop, tools AND a bar.

http://highonthais-pitstop.blogspot.com/

He says we're welcome to come on down and have a few beers and more than likely do any stuff we need to do with our machines :D

Chaps,

Forget the banana-suits, replica helmets e.t.c, just make sure you guys wear some kind of facemask as the air quality up here is f*cking sh*te at the moment.

Seems we are having a get together thursday evening in Chiang Mai according to Ian Bungy who's been talking with Tony. Looking forward to it!

Cheers & have a good/safe ride,

Pikey.

Good call Pikey.

I was going to take one anyway for getting in and out of Bangers.

Is it just me or does anyone know where the heck we'll be staying in Tak, Hong Son, CM, Udon Thani and Rayong?

I know a place (a pricey hotel) in Tak and some places in CM but the rest I'm not zoned in on.

I know for sure I won't be leading the pack though (bikes too slow for that) so I guess some of the more veteran road hounds know some places up there?

What the hel_l lets just ride out, hel_l for leather and crash in the first digs we find. For those that are full use chairs, tables and the floor for any dudes who can't fit in :o

One more sleep before the SSR EPIC RIDE!

Bard returned to the Land of Smiles this morning and I chauffeured him to the Yamaha Big Bike showroom so that he could finally pick up his beautiful new FZ6. He's breaking it in as we speak and will change oil and filter before we head out tomorrow morning.

Trent and I are still recovering from the weekend warm up to Kanchanaburi :o

No worries- we'll be ready to roll from the Yamaha Showroom on Ratchada at 0800 tomorrow morning. (We're going to arrive a bit earlier for coffee and whatnot) Mr Man and perhaps Mr Ek from Yamaha are going to ride out of town with us too. Watch out for the Mr. Ek- He's wicked fast!

One more biker has just signed up- we will pick up John at the Bang Chak Gas Station just before the town of Khlong Klung (Between Nahkon Sawan and Kamphaeng Phet).

So- if memory serves here's the group (and I sincerely apologize if I've forgotten anyone!!!):

Trent FZ6

Peter XJR1300

Bard FZ6

Tony ER6n

Paul CBR400

John ER6n

John Gooding BMW1200GS said he'll ride with us from Chiang Mai-Udon Thani

Look forward to hooking up with Ian and Pikey and hopefully David U and any other GTRider gents while we're in Chaing Mai.

Gotta RUN! Need to get my bike serviced before the ride.

See ya!

Tony