"long Daeng"

Neeranam

The literal meaning is that you're experiencing withdrawal symptoms or severe craving. It doesn't have to always refer to alcohol, as you can also use it jokingly to refer to the craving for things like playing games, gambling, sex, or anything similar that you haven't got to do lately.

The literal meaning is that you're experiencing withdrawal symptoms or severe craving.  It doesn't have to always refer to alcohol, as you can also use it jokingly to refer to the craving for things like playing games, gambling, sex, or anything similar that you haven't got to do lately.

Thai spelling?

The literal meaning is that you're experiencing withdrawal symptoms or severe craving. It doesn't have to always refer to alcohol, as you can also use it jokingly to refer to the craving for things like playing games, gambling, sex, or anything similar that you haven't got to do lately.

That makes sense, my wife said it jokingly when talking about when her nY choclate was finished.

That makes sense, my wife said it jokingly when talking about when her nY choclate was finished.

And my wife thought it had to do with betting your money on red on the roulette :o

Now, I know what she has on her mind. :D

She wasn`t familiar with the other meaning.

Cheers

Michael

• Haha 1

The literal meaning is that you're experiencing withdrawal symptoms or severe craving.  It doesn't have to always refer to alcohol, as you can also use it jokingly to refer to the craving for things like playing games, gambling, sex, or anything similar that you haven't got to do lately.

Same thing as the slang term "having the Jones" for something I suspect.

• Like 1

And my wife thought it had to do with betting your money on red on the roulette 

Now, I know what she has on her mind. 

She wasn`t familiar with the other meaning.

Cheers

Michael

I had to drag my wife away from a roulette table once, she was very unhappy, I guess a type of "long daeng".

I would be careful when using this phrase as when I have used it jokingly a couple of work colleagues looked at me a strange way, asking how I knew this term. You can guess the type of friends I have had :o