Port Forwarding With A Nokia N95 8gb ?

Phatcharanan

Hi all,

Is it possible?

I have to use my Nokia N95 8GB to connect to the internet via USB cable. The package I am on is DTAC GPRS, Edge? 99 baht for 40 hours.

My Yahoo UK and BBC News webpages load up pretty fast. So far so good.

When i try to download torrents via Mininova.............I often have maybe 40 seeds and several peers showing as available. Problem is the download is often around 3Kbs. Takes forever. :o

I believe you can port forward ( no idea how to do that) in order to gain faster download speeds.

How can I improve things using my Nok?

Thanks in advance for any help.

You can't do port forwarding with a phone.

The problem lies in the fact that both AIS and Dtac assign you private IP adresses as opposed to public ones.

The public IP address visible to the outside world is being shared by several users.

So basically the port forwarding should happen at AIS (or Dtac)'s routers, to which we obviously do not have access!

I believe you can port forward ( no idea how to do that) in order to gain faster download speeds.

Not true.

Forwarding the port number you use for your bittorrent program enables other hosts on the internet to contact your computer.

Without forwarding, your computer has to setup the session to all other hosts.

The advantage of a forwarded port is that more connections are built up in less time.

Totally apart from this forwarding, your router still has to NAT and route every session, regardless of the side where the session originated from.

More sessions = higher load on the router. And that's where most performance problems start, especially with the cheap routers.