True Adsl Pattaya

kellyjik39

• 3 weeks later...

Both TT&T and TOT offer cheap internet access now.

TT&T is way easier on paperwork (just a copy of your passport showing visa and picturepage)

TT&T MAxnet 512/256 at 790 Baht/month (+7%vat)

TOT silver cyber 512/256 at 700 Baht.month (+7%vat)

TOT gold cyber 1024/512 at 1000 Baht/month (+7%vat)

If you already have a TT&T line , things are really easy.Just go to the TT&T office in carrefour and bring the copies of your passport, apply and pay and 7 days later you're surfing...

If you already have a TOT line, you'll need signed paperwork from the owner of the line, housepapers of the landlord, etc...

Easier to take an additional TT&T line to save you the hassle (3000 Baht one time fee)

Hello Monty and any others that would have so info on my situation.

I have just gotten situated in the LOS (Jomtien Complex Condotel) and am waiting for my landlady to get me hooked up to ADSL. She says she has contacted "True" and that they have a deal where there is no set up fee and the first month is free. Afterwards it is 2000baht/month. My question is this a good deal? Are their services any good? Should I just stop the process and go with TTT?

Thanks for you help.

Hi,

I just reread the beginning of this post, which I should've done before sending that last post. I can surmise that I should just stop the process setting up "True" and go with TTT if possible.

Sorry to bother you folks. :o

Hi DougF,

Go with TT&T, they currently have a promotion, Maxnet 512/256 for 790 Baht/month!(+7% vat)

Works OK, and it seems to be Ji-net supplying the access.

If you have the TT&T line aready, they activate your ADSL within a week...

Pretty sure only Annex A is available.

Annex A means adsl through analog phonelines.

Annex B means adsl through isdn lines.

Eventhough isdn was available in very small areas, i doubt they upgraded their isdn exchanges to adsl, but instead went on and upgraded their regular exchanges.

Not completely sure though your modem will/will not work :o

My El cheapo Xavi router handles both annex A and Annex B ...

The el cheapo usb modem from D-link (dsl-210) only handles Annex A , so I'm pretty positive that'll be the type you need...

Pretty sure only Annex A is available.

Annex A means adsl through analog phonelines.

Annex B means adsl through isdn lines.

Eventhough isdn was available in very small areas, i doubt they upgraded their isdn exchanges to adsl, but instead went on and upgraded their regular exchanges.

Not completely sure though your modem will/will not work  :D

My El cheapo Xavi router handles both annex A and Annex B ...

The el cheapo usb modem from D-link (dsl-210) only handles Annex A , so I'm pretty positive that'll be the type you need...

Hi Monty,

I bought a Netgear WLAN/Modem/Router, which only supports AnnexB as used here in Germany. Well I returned it and took a usual WLAN router, which I can connect to the DSL modem, which I would have to buy in TH. Anyway thanks for your help :o

Cheers!

Hi Monty,

Thanks for the tip. As you might have noticed from the other thread that I am indeed on TTT Maxnet, but I am not getting the download speeds that you quoted in that thread. I have also had a problem getting connected a few times, but otherwise everything seems to be going well. I chalked up the connection problem to just being part of life here in the LOS.

By the way, in an earlier post I said I would buy you a cold one for your help. I am here now and ready to honor my offer. Let me know if and when you'd like it.

Hi DougF,

Go with TT&T, they currently have a promotion, Maxnet 512/256 for 790 Baht/month!(+7% vat)

Works OK, and it seems to be Ji-net supplying the access.

If you have the TT&T line aready, they activate your ADSL within a week...

• 4 weeks later...

The provider is not really an issue.

They do try to give you as much as possible for the money you pay for your chosen package.

All providers have packages at different prices, mostly grouped in user category. E.g. home, sme, biz, ...

The price difference between these is big, as is the quality!

These are the different Maxnet packages and their prices:

MaxnetHome

- 256/128 ราคา : 590 บาท

- 512/256 ราคา : 790 บาท

MaxnetLife

- 256/128 kbps ราคา : 1,450 บาท

- 512/256 kbps ราคา : 2,350 บาท

- 1024/512 kbps ราคา : 4,000 บาท

MaxnetSME

- 256/128 kbps ราคา : 3,100 บาท

- 512/256 kbps ราคา : 5,400 บาท

- 1024/512 kbps ราคา : 11,000 บาท

MaxnetBiz

- 256/256 kbps ราคา : 8,000 บาท

- 512/512 kbps ราคา : 13,000 บาท

- Biz 1024/512 kbps ราคา : 21,000 บาท

Obviously the 790 Baht 512/256 home package can't give you the same quality compared to the 5400 Baht SME package...

I live in Mabprachan (Siam Country Club) and have two questions:

1. What is the best ADSL company which gets out to Mabprachan?

2. Where do you have to sign up for it?

Any help appreciated.

mjcl,

Only certain TT&T phonelines can handle adsl at Mabprachan.

You'll need a 038 733 XXX or a 038 734 XXX number.

Apply at TT&T office at the first floor in Carrefour Central Pattaya.

Once you have your number you can apply for the Maxnet adsl (at the same Carrefour office), I have the 790 Baht/month(+7%vat)

Only one thing you have to check out is that you are within 3km of their telephone exchange.

The exchange is located on the road between Naklua and the lake, the same road on which the city water office is located. If driving from Naklua towards the lake you come at an intersection(with 7-eleven) where you have to turn left to go to the Crocodile farm, go straight for the lake and turn right to go to Siam country club road. The exchange is located some 300 meters past this intersection towards the lake (on the right hand side, in the back behind some trees)

Check the rough distance with the kilometer counter of your car/bike.

If you are within 3 km TT&T will hook up the adsl. If you are further away, they'll tell you it can't be done!

If you are within 4 km, lie to them and say you are less than 3 km away. You have a 98% chance it will work perfectly.

Between 4 and 6km you still have a fairly big chance of a working connection, it will depend on the quality of the lines, and how close they are to other cables where they can pick up noise!

I'm at 6.5km, 80% of the time my router connects at 512kbps, the other 20% between 256 and 512kbps. (my lines are on poles with very little other cables though)

important notice

If you are further away than the 3km(and lied to TT&T :o ) you can never complain to TT&T, nor expect support from them. It is completely on your own risk!!!

When you subscribe to Maxnet you pay two months up-front (1690 Baht) and you'll need an adsl modem/router.

If you are to far away/lines are to bad and it does not work, you'll only lose the 1690 Baht and you'll have to sell your modem/router again....

It was certainly worth the gamble for me, as before I payed 3210 Baht/month for a shitty IPSTAR connection!!!

Now only 845/month for somewhere between 256 and 521 kbps an much faster response times...

Hi Jai Dee,

the 038 377 XXX numbers are TT&T and adsl enabled!

source: http://www.ttt.co.th/T-speed01/eng/inside_3a.asp

Fill in your complete number just to be sure...

Then off you go to the Carrefour TT&T office, they can either tell you straight away if they can hook you up (depending on address/mooban/condo,...) or else they will tell you where the 038 377 exchange is located and you'll have to find out yourself if you are in the 3km radius...

If you are slightly further away, follow my advice from above post, remembering that anything further away than 3km is NOT guaraneed by TT&T...

Good luck!!!

PS, i've found the d-link dsl-500T router to be very good at connecting lines with marginal signal (e.g. if you are over 3km away), and it seemlessly moves to a slower speed when to much noise on the line without ever disconnecting...

Monty,

Thanks for the help! I am in Natheekarn and have a 734 number so will give it a try. Will have to check on that distance though, as I think I may be a bit more than three klicks!

Cheers,

mjcl.

mjcl,

Only certain TT&T phonelines can handle adsl at Mabprachan.

You'll need a 038 733 XXX or a 038 734 XXX number.

Apply at TT&T office at the first floor in Carrefour Central Pattaya.

Once you have your number you can apply for the Maxnet adsl (at the same Carrefour office), I have the 790 Baht/month(+7%vat)

Only one thing you have to check out is that you are within 3km of their telephone exchange.

The exchange is located on the road between Naklua and the lake, the same road on which the city water office is located. If driving from Naklua towards the lake you come at an intersection(with 7-eleven) where you have to turn left to go to the Crocodile farm, go straight for the lake and turn right to go to Siam country club road. The exchange is located some 300 meters past this intersection towards the lake (on the right hand side, in the back behind some trees)

Check the rough distance with the kilometer counter of your car/bike.

If you are within 3 km TT&T will hook up the adsl. If you are further away, they'll tell you it can't be done!

If you are within 4 km, lie to them and say you are less than 3 km away. You have a 98% chance it will work perfectly.

Between 4 and 6km you still have a fairly big chance of a working connection, it will depend on the quality of the lines, and how close they are to other cables where they can pick up noise!

I'm at 6.5km, 80% of the time my router connects at 512kbps, the other 20% between 256 and 512kbps. (my lines are on poles with very little other cables though)

important notice

If you are further away than the 3km(and lied to TT&T :o ) you can never complain to TT&T, nor expect support from them. It is completely on your own risk!!!

When you subscribe to Maxnet you pay two months up-front (1690 Baht) and you'll need an adsl modem/router.

If you are to far away/lines are to bad and it does not work, you'll only lose the 1690 Baht and you'll have to sell your modem/router again....

It was certainly worth the gamble for me, as before I payed 3210 Baht/month for a shitty IPSTAR connection!!!

Now only 845/month for somewhere between 256 and 521 kbps an much faster response times...

Thanks monty for the advice... :o

I did exactly as you suggested... signed up with TT&T for 845 baht/month for the 512/256 kbps package at Carrefour and bought the D-Link DSL-500T Router for 1900 baht at sshop in IT City in Pattaya Tai.

I had to wait until today to get connected, but now it works a charm. :D

Cheers mate. :D

/Edit: how can you check the speed of your connection?

Edited by Jai Dee

several places to check, I use two, one to check the speed downloading from a Thai server and the other downloading from a US server (where most websites are located!)

The local one :Ji-net speed test

The US one:The US speedtest

Strange you say it works a charm, since Maxnet is having some problems with their Chonburi node and things are rather slow now. They promised improvement at the end of the week though...They do say it's not a problem of overselling but purely a technical hick-up :o

• 4 years later...