Nomad-moroccan And Mediterranean Bar And Restaurant

hnka

It is on suk soi12. Was there once for dinner. Food was so so but it nicely decorated and has a big lounge type bar. It opened about 4-5 months ago. Iheard one of the investors has fled the country.

If it's Al Majlis, the web site says it's Ekkamai soi 12 (Sukh soi 63): http://www.almajlis-tearoom.com/contact.html

You could mean the restaurant which opened a few months ago on Sukhumvit Soi 12 (the soi I live on) and is called Nomad. It serves Mediterranean and Moroccan food.

It's got a nice refurbished house for the restaurant, and a big bar area which has live bands.

This is their website;

http://www.nomadbangkok.com/

Never ate there but walk past 3 or 4 times a day, and they now have a sign up offering a set lunch menu in the afternoons.

I also heard about the owner fleeing for overselling shares. Unless I am mistaken, it's the same owner as Absolute 7 bar.

Ate there a while back. It's pretty to look at and the food isn't bad, but it's another one of those big, expensive new restaurants that doesn't quite live up to the price and hype in my opinion. I was glad to try it out, but I don't think I'll be back. I wasn't ripped off in any way if that's what you're fishing for. Paid with a credit card, didn't get defrauded. Staff was very nice and helpful and the front of the house manager came by several times to check on us and help serve our various courses. Personally I'd like the place if it were a little earthier. It's going for the expensive, opulent look, but it just doesn't quite pull it off in my opinion - feels like what I imagine Dubai feels like (like an amusement park version of whatever it's supposed to be). Still, I couldn't recommend against trying it as others might quite like the ambience and food.

Come on Todd!!! It's your soi..your home... Don't make me hike over to your turf... :o

I'm looking for a first person review of the club.... Stand and deliver!!!

It's interesting that their web site video shows the place entirely, absolutely, empty.... And, I hadn't heard a thing about this place prior to this TV thread.... Wonder how they're doing at night time???

But the bar/band space looks inviting... depending on what kind of bands/style music they're hosting...and if the supposed belly dancers are Thai instead of something else... :D