Easypeasy.

pop3

Ive been trying to download Easypeasy for my Eee pc 701 from. jaist.dl.sourceforge.net

The download would take 122 hours !

Where are you all getting these downloads from ? 122 hours is a lot of twiddling thumbs and drinking coffee :o

• 1 month later...
Yes crushdepth Taiwan is a lot better. thank's :o

How are you getting on with easypeasy?

I was planning on upgrading my eeePC from Xandros to eeeUbuntu but have just discovered easypeasy seems to be an update of that. I guess its got to have improvements, so I should try it instead.

Yes crushdepth Taiwan is a lot better. thank's :o

How are you getting on with easypeasy?

I was planning on upgrading my eeePC from Xandros to eeeUbuntu but have just discovered easypeasy seems to be an update of that. I guess its got to have improvements, so I should try it instead.

Ok, I have tried downloading easypeasy from two sites. The first download took about 5 seconds. After failing to open it I was told I needed Vuse. Downloaded Vuse. It turned out to be a Windows version. Searched and found Linux versions. Downloaded that. I have no idea how to get that going. When I try it asks me what to open it with. I think I'm chasing my tale. Downloaded a large 'Easypeasy' file from a different site and put on a USB stick. Followed the instructions, but it doesn't work on boot up. Ok, burnt it to DVD as a live CD, as recommended. That doesn't work either. Searched and searched for help in forums without success.

So, I do have a USB eeeUbuntu that I know will work. But having used it before I know it had issues with sound and webcam which I why I never stuck with it. It has probably been six months since I used it. I am wondering if the issues are likely to have been fixed, and if they will come as downloads if I install it? Also I see there’s also eeeXubuntu and Ubuntueee as well as a few other similar sounding OSs.

Has anyone any experience of the various eeePC versions of Ubuntu? I'll probably just try them one by one for a while.