Ict Again On Fallow Ground

Gravelrash

Less than two months in office and the Democrats under Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva are already showing signs of internal dissent and failure to perform. In respect of the latter, much attention is focusing on the curious case of Information and Communications Technology Minister Ranongruk Suwunchwee of the Puea Pandin party. Despite her previously low profile, she has rapidly become a lightning rod for controversy. In such an important ministry, of which she is being resolutely accused of mismanaging, it seems that she believes her primary job is to censor the internet.

In a sense, Mrs Ranongruk is a victim of circumstances. The latest in a line of under-achieving ICT ministers, she heads a vital bureaucracy that is directionless.

Bangkok Post

I have no doubt that the recent enthusiasm for Lese Majeste laws, the mass illegal banning of Internet sites and recent statements by authorities regarding "... Those who libel Thailand...," that this country will be a grade A dictatorship- al la Burma , within the year. Possibly sooner.

I'm really getting that panicked feeling like I had in 2005, " Sell the house, sell it right now !!"

Only this time it's ...

" Get Out, Now! Get out now, while the getting is good !"

As detailed in these pages last week, her [Mrs Ranongruk's] influential husband Mr Pairote appears to have insinuated himself as the effective minister. According to the allegations, this banned politician is making important decisions that properly are the responsibility of his wife.

Perhaps srirachajohn can post a photo of this miscreant, and label it in big red letters "Banned".

I have no doubt that the recent enthusiasm for Lese Majeste laws, the mass illegal banning of Internet sites and recent statements by authorities regarding "... Those who libel Thailand...," that this country will be a grade A dictatorship- al la Burma , within the year. Possibly sooner.

I'm really getting that panicked feeling like I had in 2005, " Sell the house, sell it right now !!"

Only this time it's ...

" Get Out, Now! Get out now, while the getting is good !"

There certainly are worrying signs about for those without rose tinted glasses. Seems the military is quietly tightening its grip, but as to where they want to be is unknown.

For all the faults of the current government, I sincerely hope it is strong and survives its own indiscretions and corruption. Reason being if they were to fail what is the alternative? I doubt any Taksin related government will be allowed to form regardless of what vote they get. Think we still have the scary fascist PAD and their "new politics" appointed junta as the next alternative.

Would imagine the UDD would oppose that and then anything could happen.