Do They Sell Nyquil In Thailand?

girlx

i have never seen nyquil in thailand and i hate the stuff but it does work well when you have a bad cold/flu/whatever the heck i have and can't sleep at night. has anyone seen it here or a decent equivalent?

One way to approach this would be to look for a similar preparation with the same ingredients, which are:

(Sounds to me like the one with the decongestant included would be a good one for you.)

From Wikipedia

NyQuil D

NyQuil D is available in syrup form only. It contains pseudoephedrine, a decongestant.

NyQuil D has the following active ingredients (15mL is one tablespoon, which is half the recommended adult dose):

* Acetaminophen (500 mg/15mL) (pain reliever/fever reducer)

* Dextromethorphan (15 mg/15mL) (cough suppressant)

* Doxylamine succinate (6.25 mg/15mL) (antihistamine/hypnotic)

* Pseudoephedrine (30 mg/15mL) (nasal decongestant)

=====

Another approach would be to buy and take the ingredients seperately, usually they come in pill form except for the dextromethorphan.

Then in the day time, you could leave out the antihistamine, which is likely to make you sleepy. :o

Hope you feel better soon! :D

edit PS the dextromethorphan can be found in cough syrups such as "Robitussin DM".

Edited by zzdocxx

that entails dragging my ass out of bed to search the pharmacies... waaaaaaaaaaahhh i hate being sick. :o:D

but thanks for the nice research.

P.S. i am using Tiffy which i know is the Thai cure-all for everything, but it makes me feel like i am on crack! i guess it is the pseudoephedrine... i didn't realize nyquil had that too. any tips for cold/flu meds with non-stimulant properties?

Edited by girlx

You are right about the Tiffy. It also has an antihistamine, chlorpheniramine, which tends to not make people as drowsy as compared with some other antihistamines eg. Benadryl (diphenhydramine).

So anyway, not having the diphenhydramine, the effect of the pseudoephedrine may not be masked and you might not sleep well. BTW the antihistamine has some other effects which tend to dry out the sinuses as well.

Another approach would be to use a nasal spray with a decongestant, the idea being that "topical" application may have minimal systemic absorption and therefore less in the way of side effects. Shouldn't use beyond a couple of days though.

I think Nyquil used to also contain a higher percentage of alcohol, obviously that would be synergistic with the antihistamine in causing drowsiness. Notice I said "a little bit", don't want to send you off on a bender. :o

OK probably just confusing you now, good luck!

Agree Nyquil is great for a good night sleep when you have a bad cold or flu. If you ever find please post. I usually bring back a few bottles when in the states but its long since gone.

What are your symptoms? My GF has something that I thought might be a touch of food poisoning but perhaps I'm wrong. Her body aches all over, wants to vomit and has diarrhea.

Agree Nyquil is great for a good night sleep when you have a bad cold or flu. If you ever find please post. I usually bring back a few bottles when in the states but its long since gone.

What are your symptoms? My GF has something that I thought might be a touch of food poisoning but perhaps I'm wrong. Her body aches all over, wants to vomit and has diarrhea.

Certainly my favorite nite-time cold medicine. I always bring back Nyquil and Dayquil (in capsule, not the liquid).

i have never seen nyquil in thailand and i hate the stuff but it does work well when you have a bad cold/flu/whatever the heck i have and can't sleep at night. has anyone seen it here or a decent equivalent?

:o I can't remenber for sure but I believe I've seen it in Bangkok. I used to stay at The Ambassador Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 11. Not far from there is a branch of the Villa market. It has a pharmacy in there which has a lot of Farang items. I was able to find my blood pressure pills (from a Swiss company) there. Much of their clientele is foriegners.

I had a bad experience with Nyquil Nightime stuff once. I had severe flu, took a Contac to tame the flu symptoms (I had to work). When I got off work I took Nyquil Nightime to sleep. I also had taken cough syrup for my cough. About an hour later I woke up and watched a woman in a white gown float across the room from my clothes closet and out thru the wall. I was on the 3rd floor at the time. I couldn't feel my body, I was floating in the air above my bed. I had to "remember" in my mind how to get back into my body. I had to physically touch all the parts of my body to reattach them. Strangest experience I've ever had. Frankly, it scared the h#ll out of me. Haven't used Nyquil Nightime since that time.

:D

i went to the pharmacy to flirt with the guy there a bit and solicit pity for my sickness... and he gave me some great drugs.

i got:

- Apracur (for cold, flu, headaches)- 4 for 20b

contains Phenylephrine hydrochloride, Clemizole hydrochloride, Salicylamide, and Paracetamol

&

- Tusilan tablets (for deep cough and chest congestion) -10 for 10b

contains Dextromethorpan, Glyceryl Guaiacolate, and Terpin Hydrate

doesn't make me wired up or sleepy and knocked out all my symptoms for the past few hours :o i will down a glass of wine before sleep.

About an hour later I woke up and watched a woman in a white gown float across the room from my clothes closet and out thru the wall. I was on the 3rd floor at the time. I couldn't feel my body, I was floating in the air above my bed. I had to "remember" in my mind how to get back into my body.

haha that is pretty much why i hate Nyquil too.

Edited by girlx

• 2 months later...