Car Emblem

jimmi

Awhile ago I put on my car one of those emblems that you see on the front of the grill. These metal emblems are to indecate who the car belongs to. I actually have two on my car. One is to indicate that the car belongs to someone who works in the Office of the Attorney General. The other one is a very high ranking member of the Office of the Attorney General and is suppose to be very hard to get. Since I have had these on my car, I have not been stopped or pulled over by any police. Even when I have gone through police check points I just get waved through. My friend (who got me the emblem) assures me that police will not stop my car with this emblem on it.

Does anyone else have have one of these emblems (I have seen many different ones). I am wondering if they really make a difference. From what I can see they really do work.

Awhile ago I put on my car one of those emblems that you see on the front of the grill. These metal emblems are to indecate who the car belongs to. I actually have two on my car. One is to indicate that the car belongs to someone who works in the Office of the Attorney General. The other one is a very high ranking member of the Office of the Attorney General and is suppose to be very hard to get. Since I have had these on my car, I have not been stopped or pulled over by any police. Even when I have gone through police check points I just get waved through. My friend (who got me the emblem) assures me that police will not stop my car with this emblem on it.

Does anyone else have have one of these emblems (I have seen many different ones). I am wondering if they really make a difference. From what I can see they really do work.

I've had my car since new and it now has 55,000 kms on the clock and I have never been stopped once - the only emblem I have is the one that says Honda CRV! Actually that's not entirely true, I did get stopped at a checkpoint where a mobile speed camera was in operation and I, along with just about everyone else on the motorway that afternoon was fined, quite rightly so since we were all well over the speed limit.

Years ago had a Toyota Hylux and got pulled over regularly. Bought a BMW and was never stopped once, so that emblem seems to work quite well. :o

As to your emblems, no surprise there, the Thai system is designed to not disturb the rich or influential, hence sticking that on the front for the police to know to leave you alone.

jimmi, thanks for the info.

I'm keen on acquiring one of these emblems. Would you kindly advise how they can be obtained (pls send pm). Thanks

Simple,

have important freinds.

Or if you are in Korat go to SaveOne night market. There's a guy there that sells every emblem you could ever want. If it's not in stock he will order it. The price varies depending on the quality of the emblems. An authentic looking one is about 300-800 baht depending on how "important" the emblem is :o

I don't have an emblem but I have an ID card that has gotten saluted and waved through by every cop that has ever stopped me.

Ski.....

I confirm;Emblems work perfectly (golden anchor with crown on top of it ;Royal Belgisch Yacht Club) associated with very dark windows.As I live near Pattaya I think BiB think I am an important navy consultant :D

Military same same ...They saluted me when I entered (by mistake ) in one of the Sattahip base :o

Same same with locals .Had little accident with motorbike last week.He was at fault but he tried the common "rip the farang trick" When he saw the emblem,he vanished very quickly

Ensure whatever "Emblem" you place on your vehicle "Official Government Type" has someone you know and can contact associated with it should it get to that point.

I have both the Military and Royal Thai Police on my G-Wagon as well as a sticker that allows me access to any Military base, but I also have Laminated "Signed" Name cards of the individuals that gave me the "Special Items" to show should I ever be questioned as to how or why I have them.

Some of my contacts have told me that if I ever get stopped (Once in 3 years) to explain to the police or whomever that I am a consultant of the individual whom gave the special item to me and show them the name card. When and if they call he/she will validate that I am who I say and thus no actions will be taken against me.

Is it wrong to use these special items? Yes, maybe but it does work. I only showed one name card when stopped in Bangkok near the Royal Palace for the one special item being questioned and once they saw the name card was laminated and "Signed" they became very kind and said have a good day and be safe.

It's like carrying a Police Badge but not being a real police. So it is wrong in all accounts really.

Don't want to offend anyone but wanted to let others know what I have been told by actual Police Generals and Military Generals etc.

Thanks

Dan :D:o