How Do I Get 90 Days Or More, Help!

Im about to have a nervous breakdown so please help me out.

My boyfriend works in Bangkok and has a business visa, and will probably get his work permit in march. Im here living with him but not working. When I got here I had tourist visa 60 days issued in Sweden, I then went to immigartion and got 30 more days, then did a visa run to cambodia and got 30 more days. But is there any other way I can do this? Can I get a 90 days visa somehow? Do I have to stick with toursit visa or can I get anything else. This visa run is not that bad but I cant keep on doing it forever?

Any suggestions? Please help me out! :o

You can get a Double Entry Tourist Visa from Vientianne Laos. This will give you 6 months with 2 extensions and a border run in the middle.

BTW If you now do border runs by land you only get 15 days not 30.

But how come I got 30 days when I did a borderrun in January?

What country are you from. You mentioned you got your visa in Sweden.

Some countries still get 30 days on a Bilateral Agreement

See if your country is on the list to get 30 days. Link: http://www.mfa.go.th/internet/document/ChartVisa.pdf

Well.. I didnt get a visa on arrival I got a visa 60 days at the thai embassy in sweden since im swedish. I then got 30 more days at immigration office in Bangkok and theh did a visa run to cambodia in the middle of january and got 30 more days. Did they make a mistake or..??

See if your country is on the list to get 30 days. Link: http://www.mfa.go.th/internet/document/ChartVisa.pdf

Well.. I didnt get a visa on arrival I got a visa 60 days at the thai embassy in sweden since im swedish. I then got 30 more days at immigration office in Bangkok and theh did a visa run to cambodia in the middle of january and got 30 more days. Did they make a mistake or..??

Did you fly in/out to Cambodia? Or was it -just- a land border run?

Yes they do make mistakes. They probably picked up the wrong stamp. It's not the first time it has been reported.

Spmetimes it's been the other way when people have entered on a visa and only got 30 days.

Did you fly in/out to Cambodia? Or was it -just- a land border run?

As I said Im Swedish and I did a normal visa run to cambodia, left bangkok at 5 in the morning and back at 2:30..

Could you not have got a Non Immagrant O Visa from Sweden? I'm a Brit and get mine each year from the Thai Consulate in the UK (unfortunately you cannot apply for one from Thailand - you have to have an exit stamp in your passport). This lasts a year and allows you to stay 90 days. At border runs they then allow a further 90 days.

Could you not have got a Non Immagrant O Visa from Sweden? I'm a Brit and get mine each year from the Thai Consulate in the UK (unfortunately you cannot apply for one from Thailand - you have to have an exit stamp in your passport). This lasts a year and allows you to stay 90 days. At border runs they then allow a further 90 days.

Actually it gives you 15 months if you do your last border run the day before it expires.

Im about to have a nervous breakdown so please help me out.

My boyfriend works in Bangkok and has a business visa, and will probably get his work permit in march. Im here living with him but not working. When I got here I had tourist visa 60 days issued in Sweden, I then went to immigartion and got 30 more days, then did a visa run to cambodia and got 30 more days. But is there any other way I can do this? Can I get a 90 days visa somehow? Do I have to stick with toursit visa or can I get anything else. This visa run is not that bad but I cant keep on doing it forever?

Any suggestions? Please help me out! :D

:D There used to be a 90 day tourist visa....which with a 30 day in country extension then allowed a total of 120 days per visa. I'm not sure that the 90 day tourist visa still exists, however.

The other way is to get a double entry or triple entry visa, each entry worth 60 days which can be extended for 30 days. You used to be able to get such a beast in neigboring countries (i.e. Penang, Malaysia) but it is difficult to get one now as the rules/procedures have been tightened up. You might be able to get at least a 60 day, double entry in Sweden. With a double entry, and a 30 day extension on each entry you can get 180 days (2 times (60 +30 =90)). The visa does have a date it must be used before (that is the 2nd re-entry must be before that date). A triple entry is possible, but not all Thai consulates will give you one of those. Possibly Swededn will, I just don't know. It is worth a try, if they won't give you a 3 entry, they might agree to a 2 entry. Often it depends on how friendly they are, and how they feel about you when you apply. No offense meant, but if you show dressed like a backpacker and ask for a triple entry tourist visa...the Thai consulate might think you are not wanted. Being well dressed, polite, and looking as though you have the money for a year living in Thaland works in your favor. Doesn't gaurentee you will get the visa, but it helps your chances.

Just for information: I once (quite a few years ago now) spent almost 2 years in Thauiland on tourist visas. Started out with a 90 day tourist visa. I was able to get 4 consequtive 60 day tourist visas with a 30 day extension on each one. On the 4th visa I was told, " One more visa only". When I applied for the 5th visa, I got it, but it was stamped "no more visas allowed, must leave country on expiration"

:o

No, in Sweden the embassy follows the rules.