I Want To Go To Nakhon Sithammarat

chumpon

Hi,

I'm from Malaysia.I want to go to Nakhon SiThammarat.How to go there from Hat Yai by bus or train ?

I like their attraction esp Wat.How far the town from train and bus station.Would I need tuk-tuk.Are the people friendly?

Lastly, how far the attraction place from town ?

Thanks in advance.

Though NST folks might not smile as much, I'm sure you and your money will be welcome. :D

How are you arriving in Hat Yai? By bus or van? If so, wherever you're dropped in Hat Yai, there will be busses or vans goig to NST every hour, at least. Less than 3 hours travel time, as I remember... Personally, I would prefer the bus if I were you, since the train station isn't so convenient to downtown, where it seems you want to stay...

In NST, transport is available everywhere, as one might assume in Thailand. Like Hat Yai, the main transport are small songthaews.

Lots of attractions right downtown, like temples and museums, and lots outside, like beaches, parks, waterfalls... Get a tourist map at the NST bus station, or at most of the better hotels...

Have a fun trip :o

Hi,

I'm from Malaysia.I want to go to Nakhon SiThammarat.How to go there from Hat Yai by bus or train ?

I like their attraction esp Wat.How far the town from train and bus station.Would I need tuk-tuk.Are the people friendly?

Lastly, how far the attraction place from town ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Chumpon.

Plenty of transport from Hadyai to NST. Regular or mini buses, private rental cars or if you've the time the train. I presume when you say Wat you mean Wat Phramahatat. That is about 3 km's south of the main downtown area where incidentally the train station is and a 5baht songtaew ride. The bus station is literally less than 5 minutes away from the train station heading out of town.

The people are very friendly and as for attractions, well what do you mean? Nearest half decent beach is about an hour away, not including Hat Sabua which IMHO aint a beach. Waterfalls and National Parks around half an hour away but if you haven't got you own transport would involve either a songtaew charter or a few changes en route. Nightlife is typically Thai style meaning live music, bar/restaurants or karaokes. Nothing special.

NST is a very quiet typical Thai town with very few 'visitors' and therefore doesn't have the amenities of, say Hadyai.

Its a rummy place and no mistake. I heard (after I left) that it is also a big mafia town and a lot of organised crime big wigs live there.

I had wondered why the locals seemed so wary of a stranger at first but as soon as they realised I was just a <deleted> and not interpol they soon opened up and were smashing folks.