One Shop Stop

When I sat waiting in the One Stop Shop at Rasa Tower 2, Pahonyothin Rd, I made a reminder to myself to write a glowing report on TV when I got home.

Nice surroundings, not too many people, plenty of cushiond seating, a far cry from Suan Plu.

I live at Don Meuang, and have had to gone to Suan Plu previously for all my immigration requirements. But this time I wanted to try the One Stop Shop at Pahonyothin Rd to get a re-entry permit and enquire about 90 day reporting.

I sat in front of the Re-entry Permit counter and my number was called.........................Sorry, cannot!!!!!!!

Must go to Suan Plu.

Why?

Because that is where you got your visa extention.

But why can't you do my re-entry permit here?

We don't have your paperwork.

What about 90 day reporting?

Must go Suan Plu

But but but...........etc

1 hour later, I'm in Suan zoo

2 hours after that, I've got my permit

Back home now......I NEED BEER

Oh well, It was nice to see the One Stop Shop, but it's a shame they don't want to see any customers.

For a re-entry permit in BKK you can also follow this procedure:

— For a re-entry permit,if you are in Bangkok area and you have an Internet access, you could fill in a TM. 8 form and send it to [email protected]

— You should e-mail the completed form 1 day in advance.

— You have to submit a 2" photo and pay a permit fee at counter 7, the Immigration Bureau (soi suanplu office.)

— Fee for re-entry permit:

1,000 Bahts for single

3,800 Bahts for multiple

I now have the re-entry permit, after having gone to Suan Plu.

My gripe is, I thought the idea of a "One Stop Shop" was convenience, for the customer, ie, us. This does not seem to be the case.

The whole office at rasa Tower 2 seemed completely underworked, unlike Suan Plu which, this afternoon, was a complete mess.

:o:D
The only thing the One Stop will do for you is 90 day reports unless you are working for a company that has BOI privledges.

Is there only one,one stop shop in Bangkok?If not where are the others,I just know there won't be one near me.

There is only one and it is about 800 kilometers from me. But my nearby immigration office is probably better. It was stamp, stamp, cut and out of there.

For a re-entry permit in BKK you can also follow this procedure:

— For a re-entry permit,if you are in Bangkok area and you have an Internet access, you could fill in a TM. 8 form and send it to [email protected]

— You should e-mail the completed form 1 day in advance.

— You have to submit a 2" photo and pay a permit fee at counter 7, the Immigration Bureau (soi suanplu office.)

— Fee for re-entry permit:

1,000 Bahts for single

3,800 Bahts for multiple

Surely you'd trust those boys with your credit card number? :o

Surely you'd trust those boys with your credit card number? :o

And get the re-entry permit stamped in your passport over the Internet? Aside from that, I haven't heard yet of an immigration office that accepts credit cards.

Maestro