Visa 'marriage'. Bank Acccount

Hi,

I just got married and i am on tourist visa. I want to get the visa o based on marriage. I have 400,000 bath but no bank account. can I transfer it in my wife's bank account and show it to the immigration. I have to go to Ayuthaya Immigration as I stay in Pak kret. I have all the documents.

2 x copy of marrige certificate

2 x copy of passport

2 x copy of arrival card

2 x copy of housebook wife

2 x copy of id card wife

2 x copy of bankbook wife

photo of us in the house

map of our house

tm7 form is for extension or also for application? i do have 2 xcopy of it also where I put on it "SUPPORT THAI NATIONAL WIFE"

Kindly inform

Thanks

The money needs to be in an account in your name only. Go with your wife to the bank where she has an account. You should not have a problem opening an account.

For the change from a tourist visa to non-o you will need a TM 86 form.

After the money is in the bank for 2 months you would go back and use the TM 7 for the extension.

...I just got married and i am on tourist visa. I want to get the visa o based on marriage. I have 400,000 bath but no bank account. can I transfer it in my wife's bank account and show it to the immigration. I have to go to Ayuthaya Immigration as I stay in Pak kret. I have all the documents...

I think you will find that the "bahts in the bank" route can no longer be used by new applicants for a one-year extension of the non-immigrant O visa to support Thai national wife. The 40,000 baht monthly income now seems to be the only way. If, like me, your income comes from employment or investments outside Thailand, then you will need to obtain a certificate of income from your Embassy in Bangkok - at least this was my experience last November. Good luck and best wishes for your marriage.

I think you will find that the "bahts in the bank" route can no longer be used by new applicants for a one-year extension of the non-immigrant O visa to support Thai national wife. The 40,000 baht monthly income now seems to be the only way. If, like me, your income comes from employment or investments outside Thailand, then you will need to obtain a certificate of income from your Embassy in Bangkok - at least this was my experience last November. Good luck and best wishes for your marriage.

Since 25 Nov. 2008 you can again use the money in the bank route. What did change is that the money now has to be the foreign husbands only, both for income and money in the bank.

HI,

Thank you for your advices. I just have to apply for my O visa for the first time then after 3 months apply for an extension with 400,000 bath in a bank with an a/c under my name. amount to be there for more than 2 months....

Thank you for your advices.

Cheers

HI,

Thank you for your advices. I just have to apply for my O visa for the first time then after 3 months apply for an extension with 400,000 bath in a bank with an a/c under my name. amount to be there for more than 2 months....

Thank you for your advices.

Cheers

You can apply anytime within the last 30 days of your permision to stay. Always a good idea to do early rather than late in case of any problems.

You can even do it on a Tourist Visa if need be, but it has to be done with at least 21 days left on your stay. Easier to do with the Non O Visa.

Since 25 Nov. 2008 you can again use the money in the bank route. What did change is that the money now has to be the foreign husbands only, both for income and money in the bank.

Just my luck! I applied for the one-year extension on 24 November and had gone to no end of trouble (and expense) in getting a certificate of income from my embassy. The real worry about all of this is how frequently important regulations change, and how difficult it is to get reliable information. In September last year before coming here again in November to join my wife, I confirmed with the Thai Embassy in New Zealand that the 'money-in-the bank' route still applied. I gave them full details of my situation so they could not have assumed that I had already been granted a one-year extension on that basis. Then, only because I have learned never to rely on what I am told by a Thai official, I read the posts on TV, and in October found that I could only use the monthly income route. After many hours attached to my PC, I eventually found that if the income came from outside Thailand, I needed to obtain a certificate of income from my embassy in Bangkok.

Moral of all this - stay tuned to Thai visa - and for heavens sake, don't assume that what applies today will be still OK tomorrow.