Bike Clubs Phuket Area

coatesy

Hello all,

I know that this topic has been brought up many times befor but ..... just wondering what there was in the way of bike clubs in phuket ??

I ride a harley just wanted to know were other bike riders hang out ??

thanks ,

Coatesy.

For Harley type riders theres quite a few.. Black Rose (Ott) being one of the bigger clubs based on the island.

Drop into Big Twin or West coast to chat and find out meet ups and rides.. Black Rose used to have a website my mate made for it, dont know if its still there but google it.

I was totally turned off by the whole 'face' and importance structure of the clubs here, everyone getting bullshit titles and status's.. Also they are really custom / cruiser biased and seem to want to stay that way. I am the kind of person that doesnt like or tolerate all that bullshit that goes with those clubs but wouldnt mind finding some touring / light sport riders for southern tours.

Well theres a few of the clubs, also seen some cards up by a guy organizing weekly sunday 'cruise' rides in some bike shops.. Just drop into the big places, or bike hangout bars and get chatting (where on the island are you ??).

Also its only a month or two until the bike week (why at song gran why !!) and loads of guys all come out of the woodwork then.

I was just looking for some guys to go for a ride with at times ..... not realy looking to join a "gang" as such ,

There is distinguished difference between biker gang and motorcycle club. First one is bad boys or bad boy wannabees.

On other hand MC's grow from group of guys and gals riding together who eventualy name their group, nothing wrong about that. I just wish all my best Phuket based pals have a bike...

Some folks don't like joining clubs for number of reasons. Most common reason is excessive internal politics, bickering etc...I can understand that, I hate it too. LivingLOS made few good points about this issue on another thread.

Second reason is because they are shy and feel their poor riding skills might cause them an embarassment. Actualy, this should be reason to join and learn few things, no shame in that. After 24 years of bike riding I am still grateful to learn few new things from other bikers regardless if they're 25 or 55 years of age.