Hua Hin Immigration Closure

clifric

I understand, from a friend, that the immigration office in soi 102 is to close on March 20th and that all its business will then be carried out at Prachuapkhirikhan. It is believed that the lease on the present premises runs out then and the powers that be are reluctant to renew it.

If this is the case, that means a 200 km round trip to do your 90 day reporting, seek visa extensions etc etc.

That being said there is some merit in the proposal to create the Klai Kan Wong province in August for the Queen's 77th birthday - the 77th province.

However, in the meantime, what would be wrong in re-opening an office in the Police Station?

My apologies if this topic has been raised before as I have ony recently joined the forum; however, I cannot find any reference to it anywhere.

I understand, from a friend, that the immigration office in soi 102 is to close on March 20th and that all its business will then be carried out at Prachuapkhirikhan. It is believed that the lease on the present premises runs out then and the powers that be are reluctant to renew it.

If this is the case, that means a 200 km round trip to do your 90 day reporting, seek visa extensions etc etc.

That being said there is some merit in the proposal to create the Klai Kan Wong province in August for the Queen's 77th birthday - the 77th province.

However, in the meantime, what would be wrong in re-opening an office in the Police Station?

My apologies if this topic has been raised before as I have ony recently joined the forum; however, I cannot find any reference to it anywhere.

You don't have to look far. Try reading the thread that is listed just previous to this one!