1 Year Non Imm O Multiple Or Single Entry

Till now I always had an 1 year non imm. O visa multiple entry when I spend my holiday's in Thailand but I seldom make an re-entry.

In April I will move up to Thailand completely so I ask myself the question which Visa will suit me best.

A multiple entrance who will cost me 5000 Baht or an single entry of 1900 Baht.

My only concern is that maybe a single entry visa will create some problem if I return after taking a 1 month holiday abroad. Do I have to pay an entrance fee (and how much) or do I have to ask a new non immigrant Visa again.

My wife contacted Luan Plu this morning and they said that regardless which Visa, I have to report every 90 day's and the first time reporting I have to pay 1900 Baht.

So which is the best option

Single or multiple entrance?

thanks in advcance for the information

That's a personal chooise. With a multiple you will have to leave the country every 90 days, a single non-O is just 90 days. Both can be extended in Thailand for 1 year, so you dont have to leave the country any more. Instead you would just have to make 90 day reports by mail. If you wanted to travel outside the country you would need a re-entry permit, single 1,000 baht or multiple 3,800 baht.

That is if you meat the requirements for an extension. If you don't meet them, then a multiple non-O is the best.

My wife contacted Luan Plu this morning and they said that regardless which Visa, I have to report every 90 day's and the first time reporting I have to pay 1900 Baht.

You only have to report to Immigration if you stay longer than 90 days without leaving and it is free and can even be done by post.

1,900 Baht is the fee for extension applications.

As said a single entry is for one entry of 90 days. Cost 1,000 Baht.

A Multi Entry means that you can come and go as many times as you want up to a period of 15 months. But you must do a border run at least every 90 days. With either option you do not have to visit Immigration every 90 days.

That's a personal chooise. With a multiple you will have to leave the country every 90 days, a single non-O is just 90 days. Both can be extended in Thailand for 1 year, so you dont have to leave the country any more. Instead you would just have to make 90 day reports by mail. If you wanted to travel outside the country you would need a re-entry permit, single 1,000 baht or multiple 3,800 baht.

That is if you meat the requirements for an extension. If you don't meet them, then a multiple non-O is the best.

Immigration officer at Suan Plu asured my wife this morning that with an 1 year NON IMM VISA multiple entrance I don't have to leave the country every 90 day's. I just have to report my adress every 90 day's at immigration.

The same go's for an 1 year NON IMM. VISA single entry.

I think there is some misunderstandin

I was talking about 1 YEAR NON IMMIGRANT VISA TYPE O MULTIPLE ENTRANCE and an

1 YEAR NON IMMIGRANT VISA TYPE O SINGLE ENTRANCE

obtained by only showing Thai marriage certificate at the Thai Consulate in my home town.

Edited by henryalleman

Immigration officer at Suan Plu asured my wife this morning that with an 1 year NON IMM VISA multiple entrance I don't have to leave the country every 90 day's. I just have to report my adress every 90 day's at immigration.

Your Wife heard wrong. There is no such thing as a 1 year Non Imm O Visa single entry.

With a Multi entry you have to leave every 90 days.

To be able to stay without leaving you will need a 12 month extension of your Non O Visa if you have 40,000 Baht monthly income OR 400,000 Baht in a Thai bank for a period of 60 days before you apply. Asuming your Wife is Thai You apply for this at Immigration in Thailand.

From the Police Order.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

A 1 year NON IMMIGRANT VISA TYPE O SINGLE ENTRY does exist, and with an multiple entry visa you don't have to make a border run. maybe you don't take in consideration that I'm over 50.

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2493

You are now talking about a Non IMM O-A Visa that you have to apply for in your own country. You need 800,000 Baht in a bank OR 65,000 Baht monthly income OR a combination of the two. Nothing to do with your Marriage.

A 1 year NON IMMIGRANT VISA TYPE O SINGLE ENTRY does exist, and with an multiple entry visa you don't have to make a border run. maybe you don't take in consideration that I'm over 50.

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2493

That is not an O visa it is an O-A and can only be applied for at a Thai embassy/consulate in your home country.

It is not the same.

I think there is some misunderstandin

I was talking about 1 YEAR NON IMMIGRANT VISA TYPE O MULTIPLE ENTRANCE and an

1 YEAR NON IMMIGRANT VISA TYPE O SINGLE ENTRANCE

obtained by only showing Thai marriage certificate at the Thai Consulate in my home town.

Yes, I'm quite sure that there was a misunderstanding. You were talking about a visa, ie from a Thai consulate, and the immigration officer was talking about an annual extension, ie from an immigration office in Thailand. Sometimes an immigration officer calls this a visa extension even though correctly it is an extension of stay.

--

Maestro

I think there is a great misunderstanding about my OT,

therefore I show you the VISA stamp in my passport. I got this VISA by only showing my Thai marriage license(1976) not any other document was needed.

Its clearly show O visa and not O-A.

And the immigration officer in Luan Plu clearly stated that no border run was needed with this VISA, only report my address every 90 day's.

But I not yet get any answer on my questions in the OT.

in April I will move up to Thailand completely so I ask myself the question which Visa will suit me best.

A multiple entrance who will cost me 5000 Baht or an single entry of 1900 Baht.

My only concern is that maybe a single entry visa will create some problem if I return after taking a 1 month holiday abroad. Do I have to pay an entrance fee (and how much) or do I have to ask a new non immigrant Visa again.

I do apologize for the confusion.

Yes, I'm quite sure that there was a misunderstanding. You were talking about a visa, ie from a Thai consulate, and the immigration officer was talking about an annual extension, ie from an immigration office in Thailand. Sometimes an immigration officer calls this a visa extension even though correctly it is an extension of stay.

--

Maestro

No,no, there was no misunderstanding by the immigration officer, My wife explained clearly that I have still have doubts which Visa I should apply for in Belgium to avoid a border run. He said it will make no difference both single and multiple entry only have to report every 90 day's.

As you say, you have a multiple non-O visa.

As to your question: it doesn't matter. With a multiple O you won't need a re-entry permit if you want to travel during the first year. Tha's it advantage. With the single non-O you would need the re-entry permit and you have to apply for the extension within 90 days. The multiple gives you more time to qualify for an extension. So it is up to you.

What you have is a Multi Entry Non O Visa. Requiring you to leave Thailand every 90 days.

If you stayed in Thailand without leaving you would be on overstay and liable to a fine of up to 20,000 Baht.

I visited the website of the Thai consulate in Antwerp, and indeed with an 1 year O VISA multiple entrance you must leave the country every 89 days IN PRINCIPLE. BUT its also depend on the discretion of the immigration officer to let you report every 90 day's at the immigration office, so in this case you can stay1 year without leaving the country and not make a border run.

And maybe therefore the immigration officer told my wife that I don't have to be worried about it at all.

Maybe the fact that both of us are senior citizens and already married for more than 30 years are in our advantage.

Anyhow I will try to get an O-A VISA if possible, I do meet the requirements.

And I will keep you posted in due time.

I visited the website of the Thai consulate in Antwerp, and indeed with an 1 year O VISA multiple entrance you must leave the country every 89 days IN PRINCIPLE. BUT its also depend on the discretion of the immigration officer to let you report every 90 day's at the immigration office, so in this case you can stay1 year without leaving the country and not make a border run.

That's very interesting. Kindly give a link to the web page where it says “ its also depend on the discretion of the immigration officer to let you report every 90 day's at the immigration office, so in this case you can stay1 year without leaving the country and not make a border run”.

--

Maestro

That's very interesting. Kindly give a link to the web page where it says “ its also depend on the discretion of the immigration officer to let you report every 90 day's at the immigration office, so in this case you can stay1 year without leaving the country and not make a border run”.

--

Maestro

I looked at that but unfortunatly it appears to be only in Dutch. Hopefully Mario2008 can have a look at it.

That's very interesting. Kindly give a link to the web page where it says " its also depend on the discretion of the immigration officer to let you report every 90 day's at the immigration office, so in this case you can stay1 year without leaving the country and not make a border run".

--

Maestro

No problem but its in Dutch language, maybe you know somebody who can translate it

http://www.thaiconsulate.be/portal.php?p=r...amp;afdeling=nl

So know what we are looking at, this is that page in English.

VISA

ADULTS

1. Requirements

• valid passport for a visa just to have minimum 6 months after returning to Belgium

for one year visa to 18 months from issue of validity of the visa

• 3 passport photos

• 2 forms (Application Form)

completely fill out and hand sign and date

• visa costs (visafee) must be paid in advance

2. Types

Tourist Visas

Non Immigrant Visas - Business

Non immigrant Visas - Others

Tourist Visa -> "TR"

Required for a stay from 30 days or if a one way ticket "has.

Note: It is strongly recommended that a visa for people with more than 26 days and

less than 30 days to go Thailand. The reason is possible diseases at the end of the journey with inability

to leave the date as a result of exceeding the time limit of 29 days.

Consequence: administrative problems and high fines.

A tourist visa with 1 input (one entry) entitles you to 59 days in the country.

You can in this case 59 days, the visa will take effect from the day you enter Thailand. The validity

of the visa stamp issued by the consulate is 3 months, ie you must within 3 months after

the visa was granted, arriving in Thailand.

The stay on the spot "may" be extended by 30 days to the Immigration Service.

Exercise of professional activities is not permitted.

A tourist visa with 2 inputs (2 entries) entitles you to 2 x 59 days in the country.

Keep up to 59 days at a stretch in the country, then across the border for example. Cambodia and can the same day

Thailand still go back. There are buses that only offer this service at land borders.

After this, you once again for max 59 days stay in Thailand.

Exercise of professional activities is not permitted.

Persons who are not longer than 30 days stay in Thailand and another country visits, but

back from Thailand to Belgium and leave 30 days (or more) after they have landed, have also

need a visa. The customs will be on entry can only conclude that the person after more than

30 days the country will leave.

Tourist Visa to options:

- An entry (one entry)

- Two inputs (two entries)

- Three inputs (three entries)

Non Immigrant Visas - Business -> "B"

For the exercise of a business activity or for a visit with 'business purposes' is a visa required.

Only available on presentation of an official letter stating the exact purpose of the trip.

This is an invitation letter prepared by the company stating that the person is visiting

and / or will work.

If no information about the term, will give you a visa of 3 months.

An input (One entry)

Only if the letter indicates that a multiple entry visa is requested, you'll have one year visas provided that:

- Official uitnodingingsbrief in English or Dutch of the company for which you will work

- Copy of the articles of association

If one year visa applicant must be in principle still every 3 months the border crossing. There is

however flexibility provided. If a visa has been years and you want a full year stay in Thailand,

without the 3 months to leave the country, you can contact the immigration service (in any major city).

After completion of the appropriate documents, a full year in Thailand to stay without

3 months to leave the country.

Year visa (multiple entries) = lets you for a year without hindrance inside and outside Thailand to pursue a

maximum of 89 days at a stretch.

Non Immigrant Visas - Others -> "O"

For people with Thai nationality and Belgian passport

For retirees with a recent extract from the pension fund.

This document is required + proof of retirement tower "where the annual amount is specified.

For those who for other reasons ( "Others") to Thailand to

For persons who are married with a person with Thai nationality, a copy of a recent extract (up to 1 year old) in English or English is required. A copy of the original deed in the Thai must be accompanied by an English or Dutch translation of the marriage certificate.

An input (One entry) = visa for 3 months

Year = Multiple entry visa allows you to one year without hindrance inside and outside Thailand to

with a maximum of 89 days at a stretch.

CHILDREN

For children the same procedure as for adults. They also must obtain a visa.

The price is identical.

Minors traveling must be a proof that they travel with their parents.

We therefore need a copy of the tickets and proof that the child of the 2 adults who travel.

Copy of birth certificate and copy of the marriage book (or identity card back).

If the child with 1 of the two parents travels, there is a document provided by the civil status of the town hall.

This is a proof of parental permission. The person who no longer require hand sign this document and giving

consent to the other person with the child to travel.

If a child in the passport of both parents is 1 (this is never the case for a Belgian child, because we

have from the day of the birth an international passport), you need a visa for the child

requested and the necessary documents are required (Application form) and visas paid

(1 for the mother and 1 for the child). The stamp of approval indicates that the person will be accompanied

by a minor.

Caution: people with the Thai national and a Thai passport to the Passport travel

and hence do not need a visa.

Emergency procedure less than 24 hours, only in exceptional cases, there is in this case

a supplement to the visafee requested.

ISSUES

Applicants for a visa shall be required documents (Application form) in full on pain of

no distribution (Phone, GSM, EMAIL, address in Belgium, etc. ..)

The photographs must RECOGNIZED REAL photographs and do not copies

Applicants should be reachable (phone and / or mobile numbers + e-mail)

Applications must be complete and equipped with the necessary copies of documents supporting the request,

if required. Otherwise the extra copies will be charged.

An ordinary visa is valid (validity) of 3 months. In other words, this is valid for Thailand to enter.

For a visa application from 2 entries should be given to the arrival date in Thailand.

If that is still underway, the applicant may decide to pass just to the side at the consulate

and to grant the visa only at a later date. The possibility also exists for the validity of the visa

to extend a Monday

! ATTENTION!

! Holders of an Indian or Chinese passport should take account of four (4) working days between issue

and collection of the passport and the forms in five copies (5) + fill five (5) passport photos for!

(the corresponding supporting documents must also be given in five copies).

Holders of passports from Morocco and India should take an additional copy of:

ID card issued by the Belgian authorities

Return ticket

Hotel Reservations

Addresses of their stay in Thailand

MAJOR CHANGE

The following passport holders must apply directly to the Royal Thai Embassy

in Brussels:

Sudan

Arab countries (Afghanistan, Egypt, Algeria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Lebanon, Syria, Palestine, Saudi Arabia)

Southeast Asia (Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan)

Yemen

North Korea

The following passport holders must apply directly to the Royal Thai Embassy

London:

Nigeria

Royal Thai Consulate Antwerp - Tel: +32 0495/22.99.00

I read this one to mean getting an extension of stay at immigration.

If one year visa applicant must be in principle still every 3 months the border crossing. There is

however flexibility provided. If a visa has been years and you want a full year stay in Thailand,

without the 3 months to leave the country, you can contact the immigration service (in any major city).

After completion of the appropriate documents, a full year in Thailand to stay without

What you have is a Multi Entry Non O Visa. Requiring you to leave Thailand every 90 days.

If you stayed in Thailand without leaving you would be on overstay and liable to a fine of up to 20,000 Baht.

And maybe therefore the immigration officer told my wife that I don't have to be worried about it at all.

Maybe the fact that both of us are senior citizens and already married for more than 30 years are in our advantage.

Anyhow I will try to get an O-A VISA if possible, I do meet the requirements.

And I will keep you posted in due time.

I have a friend who has what you have: a multi entry non-O obtained in Antwerp providing his marriage certificate. Paid 125 euro)

For what I know he goes to Vientiane every 90 days (1300B for Lao visa). He is not aware of any other possibility.

As for obtaining an O-A (retirement) in Antwerp, good luck, I tried an O-A in Brussels and they gave me a single entry non-O and told me to get an extension in Thailand.

That's very interesting. Kindly give a link to the web page where it says " its also depend on the discretion of the immigration officer to let you report every 90 day's at the immigration office, so in this case you can stay1 year without leaving the country and not make a border run".
No problem but its in Dutch language, maybe you know somebody who can translate it

http://www.thaiconsulate.be/portal.php?p=r...amp;afdeling=nl

From the Dutch language website:

Jaarvisum = Multiple entry laat u toe één jaar lang ongehinderd Thailand binnen en buiten te gaan met een maximum van 89 dagen aan één stuk door.

Translation (probably machine translation)

Year = Multiple entry visa allows you to one year without hindrance inside and outside Thailand to with a maximum of 89 days at a stretch.

So there we have it, henryalleman. Spruced up a bit, the English translations says that the multiple-entry visa allows you for one year to enter and leave Thailand freely with a maximum stay of 89 days per entry. Nothing about "its also depend on the discretion of the immigration officer to let you report every 90 day's at the immigration office, so in this case you can stay1 year without leaving the country and not make a border run"

It will be greatly appreciated, henryalleman, if you will kidly refrain from posting erroneous information in the visa forum in future.

--

Maestro

In his defence it does say this refering to Non B Visas. We assume it means 12 month Extensions. As for Non O Visas it definately says 89 days and out.

It will be greatly appreciated, henryalleman, if you will kidly refrain from posting erroneous information in the visa forum in future.

--

Maestro

I will keep your good advise in mind . I will arrive in Thailand on 24th of April, and stubborn like I am :o , I will take the litmus test in July at Luan Plu. I will keep you posted about the result. I hope nothing, but its worth trying. And if needed I will make the necessary apologizes.

Till than I will keep my mouth shut about the subject :D

kind regards

henry

Edited by henryalleman

• 4 months later...

--

Maestro

I will keep your good advise in mind . I will arrive in Thailand on 24th of April, and stubborn like I am :) , I will take the litmus test in July at Luan Plu. I will keep you posted about the result. I hope nothing, but its worth trying. And if needed I will make the necessary apologizes.

Till than I will keep my mouth shut about the subject :D

kind regards

henry

I promised to keep you posted, so today I went to Suan Phlu and received this document who they pinned at the last page of my passport

90_day_s_report.bmp

so is this valid or not?