A Question For The Experts

Mossfinn

A player was booked twice, two yellow card offences, so not a straight red amongst them, the ref forgets the first and no one gives him a gentle reminder.

The player subsequently finishes the game.

Will he suffer retrospective punishment, or will it be a case of, what's done is done?

It happened last weekend.

Moss

I was at the game and the ref had a mare. I believe one of his assistants pointed out his mistake, but the ref then said that he had actually booked a different player, not the one who had been booked earlier. It would be interesting to see the ref's book and the names he wrote in it.

Anyway, I reckon we ought to be given 5 points as compensation.

I wopuld say it would all depend on who the Ref thought he booked first & in wrote in his book which judging by what the previous Poster wrote, wasn't the Man who received the second Yellow so no consequences..

Ref's name wasn't Uriah was it ?? :o

A player was booked twice, two yellow card offences, so not a straight red amongst them, the ref forgets the first and no one gives him a gentle reminder.

The player subsequently finishes the game.

Will he suffer retrospective punishment, or will it be a case of, what's done is done?

It happened last weekend.

Moss

Ahh.I saw this game on TV..you must have been one of the three spectators Moss...well spotted though :o

Are they still offering the "Kids watch for a pee and farmyard animals get in free" programme down there :D

i think it goes down as referee error and the player will get away with one yellow in that case. as m singh says it'll depend on what's in his notebook, but since refs are supposed to write down the player's name and number, he shouldn't have made the mistake.

i used to love 'you are the ref'.

Ahh.I saw this game on TV..you must have been one of the three spectators Moss...well spotted though :D

Are they still offering the "Kids watch for a pee and farmyard animals get in free" programme down there :D

Ouch, that's harsh. :D As my son and myself were there, I at least know who Mossfin is now as he would have been the third man!

Strange how our tiny crowd makes more noise than twenty thousand spectators plus at a nearby team from the Thames Valley. :o