Getting A Thai Passport For A Thai Citizen

SteveInThailand

Hi,

can anybody give me the telephone number for the Passport Office in Bangkok, that i believe is in Chang Whattana. My girlfriend wants to get a passport and we need to know how long it takes to actually receive it. Doea anybody know? Has anyone got one recently?

Thanks for reading, i hope you can help.

Steve

Hi,

can anybody give me the telephone number for the Passport Office in Bangkok, that i believe is in Chang Whattana. My girlfriend wants to get a passport and we need to know how long it takes to actually receive it. Doea anybody know? Has anyone got one recently?

Steve

It takes 2 or 3 days.

Hi,

Steve

Usually 3 days. 02 981 7171

Hi,

Steve

She will need the originals of Household Papers, ID card, Birth cert.

No copies needed, as all will be scanned during the application process.

The application is quite painless, and photos are done directly on to the computer

at the office.

Unless you want to go back for a second visit there is a desk where you can arrange for the

passport to be sent by EMS.

surprisingly only the thai id card is needed for a thai passport....at the central bangna office, underground in the parking lot.

Thanks Vato.

I have been told that all she needs now is her ID card and the passport should be ready in around 3 days. We are going to the Central Bangna office on Thursday so wish us luck!!

Thanks again everybody, good luck to you all.

Steve

• 2 months later...
surprisingly only the thai id card is needed for a thai passport....at the central bangna office, underground in the parking lot.

Thanks Vato.

I have been told that all she needs now is her ID card and the passport should be ready in around 3 days. We are going to the Central Bangna office on Thursday so wish us luck!!

Thanks again everybody, good luck to you all.

Steve

Hi Steve or anyone that knows,

Could you tell me if an ID card ONLY was enough for her to gain a Thai passport?

Any info, much appreciated.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We were set to travel to BKK to renew my wife's passport when we were told there's a government office in the Big C centre 5 min away from us in Nakhon Sawan!

In and out in 15 minutes, 1035 THB and it will be with us within 10 days (could possibly pick it up there instead of waiting for the post, didn't ask). 'Scattercash' eh, I could have saved the 35 baht!! :)

Fantastic service and no need to go to BKK!

Edited by hunglikea