Someone Kicked My Dog, Nearly Killed Her!

Krupnik

Try a stuffed toy dog. Requires zero intelligence.

Right on! Low maintenance, cheap to feed, does well in the washing machine, doesn't fart, vomit, bark, bite, piss, crap, accepts love unconditionally, parasite-free, doesn't need walks or even freedom of movement..

How's that new blow-up girlfriend working out for you...? :o

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Krupnik,

please check this out.

I read somewhere that if a dog bites you,the law allows you to kill the dog and cut its head off to take to the hospital,where it is checked for rabies.

Now that would not be very nice for you and especialy for the dog,and you will feel horrible for not taking care of the dog properly.

The dog goes in other people's gardens. And I can imagine that they aren't very pleased with that, especially if she urinates or defecates in their gardens.

That still doesn't gave them/him/her the right to kick the animal so hard that she almost died of it. That is pure animal abuse. They also could have frightened her. For example throwing a plastic bag with water. If the dog is as Krupnik describes, then that would most probably have done the trick. Now it sounds as if the kicking person has reacted all the anger on the dog. And who says/knows that all that anger was because of that dog, maybe the person just had before a quarrel or whatever.

Furthermore, did the kicking person ever go to Krupnik to complain?

Anyway, no matter what, if Krupnik doesn't want this to happen again, then the only solution is to confine the dog to the garden during those periods when she's on her own and take her out twice or three times a day on a lead or to place where you can let her run free supervised.

BTW, did the vet make X-rays of the dog? What did she had, a broken rib that punctured the lung, a ruptured organ?

Edited by Nienke

Is it possible to run over a dog on a bike with a speed of ... say 60 km/hr ... without risking to break your own neck?

Thats a tough question Nienke....Where I grew up, there were many deer,bear,elk and moose crossing the roads. It was drilled into me at a very early age that rather than risk death or injury to yourself or others in the vehicle, to NEVER swerve , just keep on the path you are traveling.Very sound advice yet to the folks who worship dogs as gods and place more importance to animals rather than say their own child, this advice is completely abstract. I ran over two dogs in the dark in the Philippines one night while riding a real dirt bike w/long travel suspensions front and back. My girfriend came off and I did everything except crash. Way more than what I expected and I was going only about 20 mph. So I agree with the dusty dude but will tell ya..."Hang on!!!"

Try a stuffed toy dog. Requires zero intelligence.

Right on! Low maintenance, cheap to feed, does well in the washing machine, doesn't fart, vomit, bark, bite, piss, crap, accepts love unconditionally, parasite-free, doesn't need walks or even freedom of movement..

How's that new blow-up girlfriend working out for you...? :o

Dude, I have plugged every hole several times and there is still a leak. And you told me when you sold her to me she would always stand beside me! Now she is as limp as ....

It sounds to me that if you drive with some speed straight into a deer,bear,elk and moose it's like driving straight into a tree?

Or when you ride with some speed straight into a dog, it's hard to stay straight and don't crash.

Haven't had the experience (knock-on-wood like a mad-man, now) so I can't tell.

Edited by Nienke

I did hit two deer through the times and seemed liked hitting a tree. Astounding noise and jolt. If you remember Euele Gibbons...he used to eat pine trees. Although hitting these critters seemed like hitting a pine tree, the taste was oh so melt in your mouth venison. Moose are so tall they usually end up in the cab with you. Which reminds me of another story not relevant to life on this thread

i live around paddy fields.. basically the next house from me is about 150 meters. My dog runs out sometimes and I think its ok to explore the vast fields. but the last time he went out, he came back with half his tail chopped off!. my dog has zero temper and has never barked at anyone. except a couple of cats that didnt want to come to him to be comforted.

why anyone would do this is beyond my understanding.

But definitely the owner's fault of allowing the dog on his/her own. If you don't want anything bad to happen to your dog, keep a close eye on it. I have had 3 dogs stolen a few years back.. but thats a different story. the dog robbing mob were on a roll in san kampheng. must have been exported to vietnam?

Krupkik, you did a good thing by adopting a dog from Care4Dogs, but I have to agree with all the other posters here that say you MUST control your dog -- for the dog's benefit. We have two dogs now that we got from Care4Dogs. One of them scratched away all the chicken wire we attached to our gate. We replaced it with heavier gauge wire. There's always a way to build a higher fence too.

One of our dogs loves to eat various plants when we take her for a walk. Maybe your dog was eating someone's garden? That's another possibility for the kick.

One word of advice if you lock the dog in your house -- if you have screen doors, she'll scratch her way through. It's happened to us more than once. You'll need to replace the bottom of the screen with plastic or glass.

Good luck, but please do your dog a favor and don't let her run free.

Thais rarely assault an animal unless it has stepped way outside the bounds of reason and a small, fast dog that can catch a rat would be very hard to kick.

Totally see your point! The vet just seemed so certain....

The dog goes in other people's gardens. And I can imagine that they aren't very pleased with that, especially if she urinates or defecates in their gardens.

That still doesn't gave them/him/her the right to kick the animal so hard that she almost died of it. That is pure animal abuse. They also could have frightened her. For example throwing a plastic bag with water. If the dog is as Krupnik describes, then that would most probably have done the trick. Now it sounds as if the kicking person has reacted all the anger on the dog. And who says/knows that all that anger was because of that dog, maybe the person just had before a quarrel or whatever.

Furthermore, did the kicking person ever go to Krupnik to complain?

Anyway, no matter what, if Krupnik doesn't want this to happen again, then the only solution is to confine the dog to the garden during those periods when she's on her own and take her out twice or three times a day on a lead or to place where you can let her run free supervised.

BTW, did the vet make X-rays of the dog? What did she had, a broken rib that punctured the lung, a ruptured organ?

Yes, there was nothing broken but it was the results of other tests that seemed to secure their logic.

As I said, it's very difficult to confine her in the garden, she can escape through anything. She could even get herself out of the cage thing she was in at the animal hospital! For now I suppose I will have to keep her in the house while I'm out until I can work something out.

As harsh as it may seem, I have to agree with John B Good. Owning a dog is a big responsibility and most people are not up to the task. I love dogs, but my life style does not let me own one. I have been bitten by dozens of dogs but I'm still not frightened of them. I also have killed a few that were not under control by their owner.

Is it possible to run over a dog on a bike with a speed of ... say 60 km/hr ... without risking to break your own neck?

Dunno.. But I have run down hundreds in my 4WD and hardly felt a bump :o

But its trying to wash the dried up entrails off the mudguards later on that really exhausts me.

As harsh as it may seem, I have to agree with John B Good. Owning a dog is a big responsibility and most people are not up to the task. I love dogs, but my life style does not let me own one. I have been bitten by dozens of dogs but I'm still not frightened of them. I also have killed a few that were not under control by their owner.

Love?..are you sure?

We used to let our dogs out to run around the open areas of land near the house, do their business, and get some exercise. But after a couple of nasty run-ins with other dogs, and noticing that some people were afraid of our large (though very gentle) pets, we stopped letting them run and now take them out for walks morning and evening. Frankly it's a huge pain and requires time, energy, and patience. But in our case it's the only responsible solution.

We used to let our dogs out to run around the open areas of land near the house, do their business, and get some exercise. But after a couple of nasty run-ins with other dogs, and noticing that some people were afraid of our large (though very gentle) pets, we stopped letting them run and now take them out for walks morning and evening. Frankly it's a huge pain and requires time, energy, and patience. But in our case it's the only responsible solution.

Well Done ! Only wish more owners followed your example... As you say it is a 'pain' but if you want the benefits/enjoyment of having a dog you have to put up with the downsides.. Unfortunatey it seems many dog owners are selfish and inconsiderate of the responsibilities required.

I don't care about the cost but the garden is quite big I'm sure she'd just find another way, she's very small and agile. The only sure way would be inside the house.....

[...]

it's very difficult to confine her in the garden, she can escape through anything. She could even get herself out of the cage thing she was in at the animal hospital!

I'm completely amazed by this topic. Zero evidence of anything, but you show a complete inability to control your dog even on the most basic level.

Try kicking it when it attempts to break out from the garden.

I know I wouldn't take it lightly if a dog got into my yard.. I have young kids and any dog getting near to them will regret it.

Please wake up to what you are doing.

As I said, it's very difficult to confine her in the garden, she can escape through anything. She could even get herself out of the cage thing she was in at the animal hospital! For now I suppose I will have to keep her in the house while I'm out until I can work something out.

Are you sure you don't own a ferret?

I could see how one could easily be mistaken for a little mutt:

ferret.jpg

WELL DONE

Now that is accepting reponsibility for your dog(s)

I am AFRAID THIS IS FARANG DOING THE SAME AS THAI,OWN A DOG BUT LET IT ROAM AND CAUSE TROUBLE

I cant believe you did this in Europe

Are you sure you don't own a ferret?

I could see how one could easily be mistaken for a little mutt:

ferret.jpg

nice marmot.

the other solution is to spend some quality time with your dog. have some beer and smoke a few joints together. it would really allow your dog to bond more closely with the you. he/she would never feel like leaving the house ever...

i seriously did know someone who fed his dog some beer quite oftenly. the dog was so positively reinforced with the sound of glass from the bottles. :D

apologise if this is :o

A proper fence would most likely solve your problem and make her happy.

I have a proper fence but she tore through the chicken wire in the gate. I fixed it, but she did it again. Then I had to leave it because I realised she can jump over the fence even though she is a small dog and it's about 6 feet high. I would have to somehow extend the whole fence and she'd probably still find some other way.

edit for typo

I have two medium size dogs.

They live in our house and land as part of the family.

My dogs are never allowed outside my property.

At first I had a wooden fence built around my land, but after a few months of weathering the wood soon became brittle and my dogs were able to chew the wood and escape.

So I replaced with a 2 metre high cement block wall and problem solved.

I`m not keen on having a solid wall around my land, a bit prison campish, but if one has dogs, than they must be responsible for their welfare.

If anything bad happens to the dogs, than it`s the owners fault, not the responsibility of others outside the boundries of the property.

the other solution is to spend some quality time with your dog. have some beer and smoke a few joints together. it would really allow your dog to bond more closely with the you. he/she would never feel like leaving the house ever...

i seriously did know someone who fed his dog some beer quite oftenly. the dog was so positively reinforced with the sound of glass from the bottles. :o

stoned.jpg

I'm completely amazed by this topic. Zero evidence of anything, but you show a complete inability to control your dog even on the most basic level.

I know I wouldn't take it lightly if a dog got into my yard.. I have young kids and any dog getting near to them will regret it.

Please wake up to what you are doing.

What evidence exactly are you talking about?!? I'm also amazed by all the criticism I've received here just by asking for simple suggestions/experiences!! I do control her, but I didn't see the problem in her going outside until this happened!! I'm now certain that someone did kick her, because she's allowed to go out again now and I've noticed whenever she is around other people she doesn't know, she is a quivering mess, frightened beyond belief, a bit like when I first got her. When I say other people's gardens, I don't mean that she breaks into them, but where people have open ones like they do up the road and anyone/thing can just walk right up to their house and I have found her up there before.

Thanks, very helpful.

Edited by Krupnik

Krupnik. You can't control other people, but you CAN control your own actions and that of your dog.

You tell in your posts that your dog already has had pretty bad experiences with people resulting in a big fear for them (strangers).

Your dog has been lucky because she was rescued by Care for Dogs and then adopted by you. Through them and you she learned to trust (some) people again.

This trust has been severly broken by her recent bad experience. Quoting you: <I'm now certain that someone did kick her, because she's allowed to go out again now and I've noticed whenever she is around other people she doesn't know, she is a quivering mess, frightened beyond belief, a bit like when I first got her. >

Each time she will come in a situation that triggers her fear again (this doesn't necessarily has to include someone threatening or kicking her), this mistrust and fear of people will be reinforced. Having a dog in such a situation is cruel to that dog.

To prevent this from happening I strongly suggest to make sure by all means that she can't get/escape out of your property again and come in situations she can't handle.

By allowing her her so-called freedom obviously doesn't do her much good at the moment. On the contrary. I repeat your own words: "she is a quivering mess, frightened beyond belief, a bit like when I first got her."

The animal refuge who gave the OP the dog in the first place should be shut down or at least made to change its systems for failing to qualify her as a suitable person to have an animal as a pet. And it and the OP should be charged with animal cruelty.

The animal refuge who gave the OP the dog in the first place should be shut down or at least made to change its systems for failing to qualify her as a suitable person to have an animal as a pet. And it and the OP should be charged with animal cruelty.

How ridiculous.