Hi I'm A Noob

JohnnyWadd

Hello all and thank you for granting me access. I have been a lurker for quite some time. I have been coming to Thailand for about 6 years and enjoy the place immensely (except for the usual tuk-tuk ripoffs etc). I'm coming again in a couple of weeks and this time intend to stay for 3 months. I usually stay at Karon but this time I might try somewhere else although I'm not sure where. Wouldn't mind renting a small bungalow or condo (as I quite enjoy cooking) but I guess that will have to wait until I get there.

Great board that provides lots of interesting info thumbsup.gif

Hello all and thank you for granting me access. I have been a lurker for quite some time. I have been coming to Thailand for about 6 years and enjoy the place immensely (except for the usual tuk-tuk ripoffs etc). I'm coming again in a couple of weeks and this time intend to stay for 3 months. I usually stay at Karon but this time I might try somewhere else although I'm not sure where. Wouldn't mind renting a small bungalow or condo (as I quite enjoy cooking) but I guess that will have to wait until I get there.

Great board that provides lots of interesting info thumbsup.gif

welcome lurker - oops I mean Johnny. :o

if you are asking about renting something in Phuket, you may want to try the Phuket forum on here which is full of a bunch of old hands and minds that that troll (i mean reside) in that area and can give you some pointers.

cheers

Hi JW, I, like you have been coming to Phuket about 5 years now.

I base myself in Chalong, very laid back away from most touristy rip offs.

Guess ya been there.

Main thing I like, so easy to go to other places.

No beach tho', I pop around to Nai Harn.

Good cafés and bars too.

Cheers matey, mite see ya there.

Cheers guys. Yeah I like it in Phuket tis sooo good. However I'm thinking about expanding my horizons so to speak and getting oiut and seeing other parts of the country. Phukets getting a little on the expensive side these days and I'm looking for something more on the budget side? Can anyone recommend anything? Need a bit of nightlife few bars but nothing too cut throat like.

Thanks.