tomahawk

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was joking of course

BUT

The OP has felt the need to post this and is obviously saying his thai girl is different to the rest.

THEREFORE

i can only imagine he is stupid or just trying to get comments like mine or a heated debate.

wHEN HAVE U EVER SEEN A DECENT THAI wOMEN wEARING GOLD???

ps why all the congratulations?? nothing special? its a normal thing in the giving and recieving.

AIthough I think your first post on this thread was reaIIy out of Iine, I do agree with the Iast part of this post.

I dont quite understand sometimes the way western men wiII taIk about their Thai gfs if they do something enterprising, hard-working, caring, seIfIess and/or generous, as if it is truIy remarkabIe. I beIieve these sorts of traits shouId be normaI in any reIationship.

RegardIess, gIad that you are happy OP. :o

Perhaps because everywhere you look on the ineternet is some saddo who is ramming it down our throats how bad ALL Thai women are??

You said she worked in pattaya? Probably her "side" job payed for that dell laptop. :o

You are a real ***flame removed*** Someone sh it in your oatmeal this morning?? You should apologize for being rude, crude and socially unaceptable..

Gold? ALL Thai women like gold, what's wrong with that? What does that have to do with generosity? Many Thai women that I have known were generous to a fault whether they could afford to be or not. I have seen too many lowlife scumbag farangs take advantage of these good hearted girls and it is disgusting. I'd trust most bar girls much further than most farangs.

With you all the way, Gary.

My wife used to like swapping gold every year on our trip to LOS for her birthday.Now I can't afford that it's forget the gold, and she's working 6 days a week cutting veggies in a Thai snackbar so we can still make the trip.

SHE is pure gold; sorry for the sad guys still propagating the stereotype. :o

Meh.. the whole thing lost its heart warmingness when you described how she wants gold... I've never met a normal nice Thai woman that wanted gold, gold = cash, they can sell it for almost the amount you paid for it and will do so. Sorry but realisticly something is wrong here... she wants gold but buys you a laptop.... I mean its sweet and all, but something is wrong or she wouldnt be asking for and expecting gold, no Thai man would be giving her gold.

I thought it was a good story and lets face it to most thai people 17,000B is allot of money over one full months salary almost two months for allot of them.

I think you have a keeper....

Back to the I've never met a nice girl that wants gold.... Women all over the world want gold, diamonds, jewerly in general from their boyfriends, some what to have a token they where that when their friends say thats pretty she can say my BF gave this to me, isn't he sooo nice.... Others are gold diggers and only want as much gold as quick as possible to dump you and turn a buck.... Not all women that want gold for presents fall into the last category, infact I would venture to say most (even Thai) fall into the first category... I think you need to change the location in where you are meeting women Sabum :o

I dont meet Thai women PERIOD. In Thailand gold = CASH, every Thai person knows this, it is not the same as a western woman wanting a gold trinket, its not the same at all, here everyone knows its the same as cash and the reason for asking for it is to get cash. Its not the same as asking for a watch or jewellery that is not gold. In fact its a pretty big insult if your girl asks for gold, she's asking for a cash payment. My woman is not Thai, but yes she loves it if I buy her some little thing she could easily afford herself and she shows all her friends like its something special, I understand this about women worldwide, but here GOLD EQUALS CASH. Just pointing that out as a bit of a concern in an otherwise very touching story.

Edited by Sabum

Gold? ALL Thai women like gold, what's wrong with that? What does that have to do with generosity? Many Thai women that I have known were generous to a fault whether they could afford to be or not. I have seen too many lowlife scumbag farangs take advantage of these good hearted girls and it is disgusting. I'd trust most bar girls much further than most farangs.

Wrong, my wife hates gold! And, thankfully, so do I. That 'do as you likey' look is far too common in Thailand.... But cold hard cash, that's a different kettle of fish... :o

I dont meet Thai women PERIOD.

Yet you feel qualified to denigrate them.

Denigrate Thai women? I didn't say anything to encompass all Thai women, just ones that ask for dam_n gold! Most Thai women are nice, but they don't ask for the equivalent of a cash payment, they would be happy with any gift that a mate thought to give because it would be valued for sentimental reasons, not the cash value on the resale.

Edited by Sabum

Never judge a book by its cover. Nice to hear and I wish you the best :o

The first reply on the 1st page was just sad, immature, pathetic, rude and lacked serious class. We all know where you must hang out every night with ya happy hour chang.

wish him all the best? he has been browsing this thread many times but failed to add anything else, maybe he is laughing at all of our comments and happy his nonsense thread has gone to plan.

Ps U got the chang right but no i dont hang around in bars. i prefer girls that have a bit of class and of japanese chinese apperance. :D

I think most people are imagining the poor issan girls wearing chunky gold that looks out of place and cheap.

I'm with you there Bygon. That's what i'm imagining. Nice chunky gold braclet on a rice farmers daughter. We have a word for that look in England. The word is "Chav"

Edited by Geekfreaklover

I'll tell you a gold collecting story. A friend of mine always bought his Thai wife an average of three baht of gold every year. That was her standard special occasion gift. After two children and more than ten years of being happily married, they wanted a new home. The price of gold at that time was very high. She sold all her gold, more than thirty baht weight and handed over the cash to her husband to help buy the house. They have a beautiful home.

With you all the way, Gary.

My wife used to like swapping gold every year on our trip to LOS for her birthday.Now I can't afford that it's forget the gold, and she's working 6 days a week cutting veggies in a Thai snackbar so we can still make the trip.

SHE is pure gold; sorry for the sad guys still propagating the stereotype. :o

my wife wears no gold. no bling. its not all thai women. i look around the office and i see no rings (except wedding), no bracelets(except fashion accessories) no bling.

It is not all thai women. In fact in the demographic that surrounds me now it is certainly a minority. the only person i see wearing gold is the office maid and messenger.

this does not detract from a nice anecdote cheapened by the venue in which it was told. the fact the OP brought pattaya into the story was either well-planned or ill-considered, depending on the tale's desried effect.

have you noticed the more the rules stifle conversation about bargirls, the more conversation comes come back to it?

Everytime I see a thread like this I wonder why farangs think thai women and thailand in general are any dIfferent that anywhere else. One of the tHings I remember when I worked in Saudi Arabia was all the western wives running around the malls wearing JC Penny outfits and thousands of dollars worth of gold. Not a thai gal in sight.

I was joking of course

BUT

The OP has felt the need to post this and is obviously saying his thai girl is different to the rest.

THEREFORE

i can only imagine he is stupid or just trying to get comments like mine or a heated debate.

wHEN HAVE U EVER SEEN A DECENT THAI wOMEN wEARING GOLD???

ps why all the congratulations?? nothing special? its a normal thing in the giving and recieving.

I absolutely agree.

The OP is saying that, this is an extraordinary case because his girlfriend is behaving normally as one should in a loving relationship.

It paints a sad portrait on the state of affairs in the world, when one believes that his girlfriend is unique just because she’s not a gold digger and considers the relationship not as a business partnership.

I'll tell you a gold collecting story. A friend of mine always bought his Thai wife an average of three baht of gold every year. That was her standard special occasion gift. After two children and more than ten years of being happily married, they wanted a new home. The price of gold at that time was very high. She sold all her gold, more than thirty baht weight and handed over the cash to her husband to help buy the house. They have a beautiful home.

...which is all in her name.

There are certainly Good & Bad people ALL over the planet, they are not just confined to Thai-Soil!

responses are that being "nice" is something unusual, I feel genuinely sorry for people who have to wade through such bad karma, but then everyone earned every bit of it themselves!

my 2 cents....

Nice story Tomohawk. Whatever you do don't axe her :o

As far as Thai gold and thai women are concerned it's easy for us westerns to forget the most important long term factor to any women is not romance or sex it's security.

I'm sure many of you guys are aware most Thai girls seldom wear their gold, they keep it for a rainy day.

It amazes me how many Farang are so far up themselves. The know it all guys, who critisise Thai girls at the drop of of a hat and give us their opinions on how none of them can be trusted.

How many of us can be trusted not to drop the current girl if a Jessica Alba lookalike drops into our lives?

Thai girls are no different than anywhere else in the world where emotions are concerned and they can love and get hurt the same as anyone else.

For sure there are many many with Thai boyfrineds, husbands, lesbian partners etc., working in bars, but unless your a real dumbo or have ben here 5 minutes you can suss them in a very short space of time.

I have heard so many stories about how girls cost guys fortunes and then dumped them. Sure in many cases it happens but I would bet most of them got dumped because they mistreated the girl got caught messing about or whatever.

They say hel_l has no fury, well sour grapes have no limits and most guys will only tell their side of the story.

I was a Thai girl I would want all the gold I could get incase my boyfriend turned out to be not what I thought he was.

That's not true either. He has a quite successful company here in Thailand and there were certain tax advantages to having an office in his home. They were married in 1991 so if the house were in her name rather than the company, it wouldn't make him any difference.

Nice story Tomohawk. Whatever you do don't axe her :o

As far as Thai gold and thai women are concerned it's easy for us westerns to forget the most important long term factor to any women is not romance or sex it's security.

I'm sure many of you guys are aware most Thai girls seldom wear their gold, they keep it for a rainy day.

It amazes me how many Farang are so far up themselves. The know it all guys, who critisise Thai girls at the drop of of a hat and give us their opinions on how none of them can be trusted.

How many of us can be trusted not to drop the current girl if a Jessica Alba lookalike drops into our lives?

Thai girls are no different than anywhere else in the world where emotions are concerned and they can love and get hurt the same as anyone else.

For sure there are many many with Thai boyfrineds, husbands, lesbian partners etc., working in bars, but unless your a real dumbo or have ben here 5 minutes you can suss them in a very short space of time.

I have heard so many stories about how girls cost guys fortunes and then dumped them. Sure in many cases it happens but I would bet most of them got dumped because they mistreated the girl got caught messing about or whatever.

They say hel_l has no fury, well sour grapes have no limits and most guys will only tell their side of the story.

I was a Thai girl I would want all the gold I could get incase my boyfriend turned out to be not what I thought he was.

Then it is of little wonder why you can relate to the condition.

That's not true either. He has a quite successful company here in Thailand and there were certain tax advantages to having an office in his home. They were married in 1991 so if the house were in her name rather than the company, it wouldn't make him any difference.

True, makes no difference to him, unless he has some relatives in his home country wanting a slice of the pie.

But, yes. He paid for a house to be built. And he lived in it. Remarkable achievment.

I thought it was great how you got her that book and then she made a business out of it. Giving her that independence means a lot more than a once off payment.

And you could truley start a real relationship when she is making her own money.

I plan to help my gf start a market stall. I will cover the start up costs but she has to pay me back in full and then with interest. That way she gets her independence and money she can buy things with on her own.

This is better than having to cover their costs all the time. Even stay at home mums can get involved in some kind of business and contribute.

I think the girls are much happier when they are making a bit of their own money. I ont mind paying th rent and things like that but i want her to contribute too. Not just live off me and do nothing. She;s studying now and gets a small allwance from her Mum and Dad. This is normal for her age (21 student) I'm 29 and I dont know Thai bfs that give their gfs an allowance so I wont either. I prefer to get her to the point of making her own money and getting her through study so she always has something to fall back on and can chose her own future.

This approach seems to be working well.

I thought it was great how you got her that book and then she made a business out of it. Giving her that independence means a lot more than a once off payment.

And you could truley start a real relationship when she is making her own money.

I plan to help my gf start a market stall. I will cover the start up costs but she has to pay me back in full and then with interest. That way she gets her independence and money she can buy things with on her own.

This is better than having to cover their costs all the time. Even stay at home mums can get involved in some kind of business and contribute.

I think the girls are much happier when they are making a bit of their own money. I ont mind paying th rent and things like that but i want her to contribute too. Not just live off me and do nothing. She;s studying now and gets a small allwance from her Mum and Dad. This is normal for her age (21 student) I'm 29 and I dont know Thai bfs that give their gfs an allowance so I wont either. I prefer to get her to the point of making her own money and getting her through study so she always has something to fall back on and can chose her own future.

This approach seems to be working well.

Agree with everything you say, but how about switiching to regular typeface rather than bold?

I am writing this posting because it shows a different side of Thai women than we usually hear about. I have been with my girlfriend for over 2 years and she is the only woman I have been with in Thailand. She is from a small village in Nakhon Sawan but when I met her she worked in a restaurant in Pattaya. She wants gold jewelry of course and likes me to buy her things and I figured she was like most Thai women in that regards and what can you do? A few months ago I found a book about crochet written in Thai and I gave it to her. Although she never crocheted in her life she learned from this book and soon she was making hats which were so well-made people started ordering them from her and now she has a good business selling hats. So she gets money from them and though I am not wealthy I give her money to buy things for herself. Then on valentine's day she gave me this dell laptop computer for a gift. It costs 17,000 baht and she bought it with every baht she saved from hats and money I gave her. I was very moved by this as I did not expect it, and to be honest most of her friends say she is crazy or stupid for buying an expensive present for a farang. I just wanted people to see another side, and that there are women here who are generous and good-hearted and not just greedy.

Does she have a sister? :o

OP, good one - you're a lucky man!

Explorer

I appreciate all the kind words. Perhaps I left some things out. My girlfriend likes when I buy her gold, but she never asked me to buy it or made demands. She worked in a farang restaurant in pattaya, not a bar. She has not been to Pattaya in over 2 years. I posted this story because of the huge amount of postings which are critical of Thai women and I thought it would be good to read something positive for a change. As for bygoncow or whatever your name is, it is obvious noone is ever going to buy you

anything so obviously you cannot comprehend the idea of kindness or generosity. You are a sad case pal and I feel sorry for you if this is your view of life in Thailand. As for this troll thing, what is the point of that? It is sad that someone would assume anytime someone writes about something decent, they must be a troll. This is what is stupid. I have to pay for this internet time and I type very slowly. Why would I or anyone else waste their time making up stories.

I do agree with eek's comment and I am happy for the OP. The reason for the post and many of the subsequent comments is because it is perceived as unusually generous and selfless which is not a trait I would describe the majority of Thais. In fact the OP alluded to it when he indicated that his g/f's friends thought it a bad idea to give a gift to a westener (of all people).

Everytime I see a thread like this I wonder why farangs think thai women and thailand in general are any dIfferent that anywhere else. One of the tHings I remember when I worked in Saudi Arabia was all the western wives running around the malls wearing JC Penny outfits and thousands of dollars worth of gold. Not a thai gal in sight.

...why could that be so?

Try European malls...