How Much Lower Can 1-2-call Sink? Another Tasteless

syd barrett

This is a photograph of the latest Phonecard (300 Baht) from One-2-Call.

I think that they have plummeted new depths by showing the humiliating and degrading scene where a man is sitting on a toilet, taking a bowel movement and the cartoonist has emphasized the stinking deposited stools by having the man holding his nose in relief.

How much lower can 1-2-Call go?

post-4408-1234878501_thumb.jpg

Syd - Whilst I doubted your sanity on the 100 Baht card picture, I think you are spot-on with this one.

Two points from me:-

1. What is the relevance of the toilet in this "freedom" concept.

2. Why have they used a western toilet ? Surely a squatter would be more appropriate

Edited by Chaimai

• 4 weeks later...

They are also obviously advocating the taking of drugs someone is holding what appears to be opium poppies on the right hand side of the picture with the words enjoy written across them. Thanks syd for pointing this out something really needs to be done about this sort of thing.

"Wish You Were Here was a very good title for that album. I've often said what that album should have been called was Wish We Were Here because we weren't really."

You borrowed that bike.

I think you should forget about it and move to DTAC,how long do spend looking at these things,do you have a magnifying glass..............i just dont see what you see.

Click on the pic.

Major Freak.

Did you notice the brown waste pouring into the sea from 3 pipes - just next to the pooper's right hand?

Maybe it is a comment on allowing untreated sewage to be dumped into the sea? And the man is merely emphasizing that what comes out of your backside is what goes into the sea?

As for the surgeon on the island performing open heart surgery, or something similar, I'm still trying to work out what that's all about. :o

Maybe there is a clue here:

http://www.one-2-call.ais.co.th/Content/Fr...heme/index.html

or here:

Edited by JetsetBkk

What is degrading about a man sitting on a toilet? Most of us do, and I speak for myself and many others when I say that I love taking a shit, it's one of the few times you can relax in peace, and read some literature. Infact I sit down to take a piss now too, because if it's my lucky day, a shit will follow.

Seriously though, if you are so thin skinned that this bothers you, I don't know how you can survive outside, your head would explode.

Edited by scottyd

Admit it, Syd, you are a 1-2-Call plant who persists in promoting the company's product.

But seriously, you should collect these and in fifty years sell your collection - they will be more valuable than postage stamps

Hmmm seem to be an accurate image of Thailand. You are free to plolute, (many smoke stacks, bottles and litter and open sewers). Take drugs, have cheap surgery and paraglide. The buildings are substandard, leaning all over the place. All that is missing are the corrupt BIB and the bars.

What is degrading about a man sitting on a toilet? Most of us do, and I speak for myself and many others when I say that I love taking a shit, it's one of the few times you can relax in peace, and read some literature. Infact I sit down to take a piss now too, because if it's my lucky day, a shit will follow.

Seriously though, if you are so thin skinned that this bothers you, I don't know how you can survive outside, your head would explode.

very funny , :o