People Urged To Donate Blood

george

People urged to donate blood

BANGKOK: -- With only 2.3 per cent of us donating blood, Thailand is lagging behind the World Health Organisation's (WHO) standard of 3 per cent to guarantee a country's health, the Red Cross Society revealed yesterday.

But this year's "Passing the Merit with Blood Don-ation" campaign yesterday urged existing donors to give blood banks a shot in the arm by upping their donations to once every three months.

The Red Cross's blood donation chief Wan-lop Chiaravanont also invited those who give blood to family members to spread the benefit further.

Merit-making activity

He added that the campaign would focus on blood donation as a merit-making activity, encouraging people to do it on birthdays and religious holidays. This would increase the amount of donations and help to meet patients' needs.

Those donating blood for the second time from April will receive a "merit-recording" book with speeches by Their Majesties and HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn.

--The Nation 2009-02-18

Is it just me and my shocking grammar, but I believe I have blood, as in one type of blood only, so theoretically I can only donate blood, not bloods

You never get tired of yourself,you write it in Thai.

I've just learnt to never question a post by George. He's edited title making my comment look out of place! Guess we live and learnS. lol 5555

Edited by jayjayjayjay