High Speed Internet

case69

They are all the same. Mainly the problems is lack of international bandwidht, not so much ISP's. You should get what you pay for when connecting local servers and maybe singapore but beyond that expect slow connections unless you are prepared to pay for it.

Also possible that your unit cabling is <deleted> so if you get slow speeds also to thai servers then let them check them out and fix them.

Every privider sells SME packages. Starting from 3000++ depending on bandwidth.

The ratio is significantly better than with a shared home package.

OP mentions the providers are almost all the same in quality and speed. Thats true, so an SME package might give you a better bandwidth but

it is shared as well.

For the wiring in your place - Some lines are not capable to transmit a 4MB signal (attenuation, noise) but are very good at 2MB. Keep attention to that.

Lower bandwidth is sometimes more stable and reliable than i.e a 4MB signal over a line which only can transmit 2 MB without causing trouble

Edited by webfact

Every once in a while, people start complaining about high speed internet in Thailand. I just wonder, what you are downloading? If you are not downloading movies, then there are no such big software that you need to download and that take days to download.

I found internet in Bangkok quite fast and cheap, at least as compare to India, Vietnam and other neighbouring countries.

at least you guys have cable or adsl to choose from!! we're stuck on tot ipstar satellite connection. there is no difference between the 1024/512 and the 512/256 apart from the price so if anyone is thinking of changing to a higher bandwidth plan, do not bother. the maximum speed my utorrent client has shown on any download is 20kb!! so it takes a 2 days to download match of the day now rather than less than an hour. i got faster speed in the philippines and vietnam, and i thought thailand was a more advanced country!

at least you guys have cable or adsl to choose from!! we're stuck on tot ipstar satellite connection. there is no difference between the 1024/512 and the 512/256 apart from the price so if anyone is thinking of changing to a higher bandwidth plan, do not bother. the maximum speed my utorrent client has shown on any download is 20kb!! so it takes a 2 days to download match of the day now rather than less than an hour. i got faster speed in the philippines and vietnam, and i thought thailand was a more advanced country!

Much cheaper to get satellite tv from true. Several channels dedicated to sports. Movies are also available on dvd and vcd. Also those ahem "adult" ones...

By doing it you also do a favor for all of us by releasing much needed international bandwidth for normal internet and email use.

I guess some ISP's are now waking up and limiting speed for torrent downloads and i can see why they are doing it as their bw is rather limited... Different story in countries that have enough bw though.

Edited by MJo