7-11

Briggsy

Just bought one of the dubious rubbery burgers from 7-11.

The sales assistant discovered that ants had invaded the 'bun drawer' She kindly found the bun (or bap, if you like) with the fewest ants and then proceeded to remove them. I predictably made the joke about whether there would be an extra charge for the ants. She said not.

So if you are a fan of 7-11 fast food, watch out for ants as their drawers are not ant-proof.

Just bought one of the dubious rubbery burgers from 7-11.

The sales assistant discovered that ants had invaded the 'bun drawer' She kindly found the bun (or bap, if you like) with the fewest ants and then proceeded to remove them. I predictably made the joke about whether there would be an extra charge for the ants. She said not.

So if you are a fan of 7-11 fast food, watch out for ants as their drawers are not ant-proof.

it is reports like this from the heart of the LOS that make thaivisa such a valuable resource.

Briggsy, thank you for taking the time and effort to post you have saved so many of us from what could have been a very traumatic experience.

a little local knowlege can make all the difference in the world.

keep these gems coming!!

Edited by t.s

I've never seen any ants in any of the probably hundreds of 7-11s I've been to. I have seen some that let stray dogs stay inside though. Some of them quite filthy looking.

Anyway the best fast food at 7-11 are the burger steak gai, the grilled sandwiches, and the frozen meals. The Little Cook instant noodles, the ones with the vacuum sealed foil pack of real pork/beef/veggies, are great but so many 7-11s don't seem to stock them. I can't eat the other rubber burgers, or that dreadful 'pizza'.

And the secret to hotdogs is, to order something that isn't on the 'grill' at the moment, then they have to open a fresh pack from the chiller and microwave it.

I love the chicken burgers from 7-11.

Their chicken steak burger with mustard and onion use to keep me alive when i was on the road in Thailand. Until we discovered a few real good restaurants on the way. Nowadays i even prepare a few roadbaguettes before i leave the house because food on the road is uneatable. But if i ever run out and not are close to one of our spots, a 7/11 chicken steak burger still gets me trough the day. Highly reccomended junkfood! :D:o .

Who's complaining?? :o

Stalker.

Earlier you would get chicken peper from MCdonald at 19 Baht and they got 3 flavours in beef and pork too. They dont advertise it around but they got it at around 20 baht. The taste is awesome and they still have them. It taste much better than those in 7 11

Sure some of the stuff is edible, like the hot dogs.

But the salmon sandwhich? What a joke! A bare hint of salmon

in some crummy bread quickly pressed...

I really think some expats here have forgotten just how good

even the most humble salmon sandwhich is in the west...

What's next caviar and steak? Some things just cannot be sold like

that.

7-11 is pushing it and I really resent seeing them sprout up like mushrooms

everywhere now..must be 10 in the Victory Square area alone.

Sure some of the stuff is edible, like the hot dogs.

But the salmon sandwhich? What a joke! A bare hint of salmon

in some crummy bread quickly pressed...

I really think some expats here have forgotten just how good

even the most humble salmon sandwhich is in the west...

What's next caviar and steak? Some things just cannot be sold like

that.

7-11 is pushing it and I really resent seeing them sprout up like mushrooms

everywhere now..must be 10 in the Victory Square area alone.

You might be on to something here. I myself always thought Americans are used to this. I come from sweden and mcdonalds, 7/11, kfc, burger king, pizza hut and on and on, american foodchains, it all basically taste like paper. They will call t "salmon sandwich" and it is paper. They will call it "big mac" and it is paper. You say over here westerners forgot how real food taste. Wich might be truth. But what i think it is, is that American foodculture is like this. It taste like a paper dipped in floating fat. Its american food. Take a look at the population from there and you might find some answers. I think 7/11 food is the same in every country over the world. Just as mcdonalds and kfc and so on. Dont blame Thailand for the lack of taste in the us.

Edit: 7/11 is the same all over the world. Has nothing to do with Thailand. Its an American chain.

Edited by mattias33

Its american food.

No, it is cheap FAST FOOD.

A Swede, the black hole of cuisine, attacking the culinary richness of the USA. Now, that's rich.

It also seriously pisses me off. Anti-American ignorant bigots are waiting like vultures to pounce at every opportunity.

Edited by Jingthing

Its american food.

No, it is cheap FAST FOOD.

A Swede, the black hole of cuisine, attacking the culinary richness of the USA. Now, that's rich.

The "black whole of cuisine"?????????????????????? Attacking the "culinary richness of usa"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

You really need to travel the world boy.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Usa "culinary rishness"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o

This was the most amusing post i ever read during my two years on thaivisa. Please share whatever you are smoking!!!!! :D:D:D:D

I am sure I have been to MANY MORE countries (often just to eat) than you have and some of the best food in the world is in the USA. Sweden does not rate. The reason: VERY LIMITED basic ingredients because of the climate there. Also, the people are SPICE PHOBIC.

BTW, a big reason Americans are fat is the car culture, but yes, also too many people eat too much fast food. Not defending fast food. Just saying it is ignorant to equate American food only with fast food.

Edited by Jingthing

I am sure I have been to MANY MORE countries than you have and some of the best food in the world is in the USA. Sweden does not rate. The reason: VERY LIMITED basic ingredients because of the climate there.

:wai::P :jerk: :burp::burp: .

Please stop!!!! You are making a bigger fool of yourself and your country than Bush ever did!!!

American foodculture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o:D:D:D:D .

Ok, actually, go on. This is so pointless that i will stop!!!!!

Again, the Swede, home of the most BORING food in the world speaks. Go have some Lutefisk. That would explain your confused palate.

This is so pointless that i will stop!!!!!

I understand too. I would run away too like a Scandinavian pacifist if I had to defend a culinary tradition that considers Lutefisk to be fit for human consumption.

Edited by Jingthing

Again, the Swede, home of the most BORING food in the world speaks. Go have some Lutefisk. That would explain your confused palate.

Again, travel the world. "Lutefisk" is Norwegian. (But actually taste something else than paper)!!!(i saw an interview with janet jackson in Danish tv where they asked her "what do you know about Denmark?" She said "not much, i heard about ikea and volvo". The interviuer said "thats Swedish". She said "ok, so i dont know anything about Denmark". Americans and education. Very funny!!!

American foodculture: :wai::P :jerk: :burp: .

Ok, get this thread back to reality, its getting patetic!!!

:o:D:D:D:D

Edited by mattias33

Wow! Someone found a new thing worth 22 baht to complain about! (and the odd thing is that he apparently PAID for it ... THEN came online to complain! (must be related to jing!)
:o:D

No one deserves to be associated or even mentioned in the same sentence as Jingthing,

no one is that heinous, :D

You Swedos eat the same crap lye poisoned fish. Don't deny it. I already told you I have been all over the world and also had some of your tasteless Scandy excuse for food. It is not fit for anyone who likes FLAVORS other than SALT.

How much time have you spent eating in the USA?

Edited by Jingthing

I understand too. I would run away too like a Scandinavian pacifist if I had to defend a culinary tradition that considers Lutefisk to be fit for human consumption.

I dont. Im from Sweden!!!

You go back to school ok. But this time, try to go to a real school. In Europe. Or travel. Before making more patetic posts!!!!

:o:D:D:D

You Swedos eat the same crap lye poisoned fish. Don't deny it. I already told you I have been all over the world and also had some of your tasteless Scandy excuse for food. It is not fit for anyone who likes FLAVORS other than SALT.

How much time have you spent eating in the USA?

:D:D:wai::P :jerk:

I thought Bush was the stupid american?? Are you telling me you are all this dumb???

This is actually getting really fun by now!!!

"Been all over the world"

:o:D:D

Just as I thought, Probably never been to the USA and thinks he knows everything about American cuisine by eating at McDonalds. How STUPID is that?

You think using all your inane emoticons makes you look clever?

BTW, I will quit this now. Don't want to get in trouble with the mods, not over a small minded child like Snowboy.

Lutefisk

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lutefisk (lutfisk) (pronounced [lʉːtəfɪsk] in Southern Norway, [lʉːtfɪsk] in Central and Northern Norway, Sweden and the Swedish-speaking areas in Finland (lipeäkala in Finnish)) is a traditional dish of the Nordic countries made from stockfish (air-dried whitefish) or dried/salted whitefish (klippfisk) and soda lye (lut). Its name literally means "lye fish", because it is made using caustic lye soda derived from potash minerals.

Edited by Jingthing

Just as I thought, Probably never been to the USA and thinks he knows everything about American cuisine by eating at McDonalds. How STUPID is that?

You think using all your inane emoticons makes you look clever?

BTW, I will quit this now. Don't want to get in trouble with the mods, not over a small minded child like Snowboy.

You know what. I think you made enough fool of yourself for one day. And proven how low educated the population of us is. Now, I am busy. I´m gonna eat Norwegian lutefisk as you tried in Sweden (werever you managed to find that), and watch Jerry springer. Now, i have a snowcanon in my house so i can make a Norweigian snowlamp as the "snowboy" i am (we dont get snow in south Sweden btw, once again try to go to a real school, highly reccomended) and then i´m gonna go to sleep.

This has been funny. Not every day a american (yes, the only country i spell with small letter) proves openly how little they actually now about the world. And you know more than general americans because you actually been in every country and still are this dumb. And i was worried about Thai schools for my boy!!!!!!!!!!!! My god!!!!