Food Loft, Central Festival

Hobgoblin

Three friends and I went to get a late dinner (21'00) at the Food Loft on the 3rd floor of the new Central Festival on Beach Road, and we all give it an A+.

It's the same concept as the food court on the top floor of Royal Garden Plaza - different styles of food from which to choose, free seating and the "card". I had Chickin Tikka Masala with Naan bread from the Indian place, and it was much better than I had expected from a place with ready-made curries. The Naan was buttery and light, and the curry was flavorful with plenty of chicken. My friends had between them, a Ceasar Salad, some fried, breaded fish fillet, chinese kale and some teriyaki-chicken dish. We all enjoyed our respective meals.

For dessert, I had what I considered to be the best Tiramisù ever.

The staff were helpful, polite and most importantly, gave us space.

The seating area was great - clean and comfortable, with modern asian decor. It was very late (in fact, they closed up right as we were leaving), so the dining area was empty, quiet and a great place to have a conversation. It literally had the feeling of a five-star restaurant.

The prices were a bit higher than Royal Garden, my meal with a beer and dessert was 440 Baht, but I found that a good value considering the quality of the food and ambiance.

I gave the experience high marks, and will be going back there for sure.

... went to get a late dinner (21'00) at the Food Loft on the 3rd floor of the new Central Festival on Beach Road

Where did you eat exactly ? Name ?? :o

I do not remember any "food loft" on the 3rd floor ?

I only remember a Food Court in floor 0 and many restaurant in floor 5 and 6.

... went to get a late dinner (21'00) at the Food Loft on the 3rd floor of the new Central Festival on Beach Road

Where did you eat exactly ? Name ?? :o

I do not remember any "food loft" on the 3rd floor ?

I only remember a Food Court in floor 0 and many restaurant in floor 5 and 6.

It's called "Food Loft". It's on the end of the 3rd floor, on the beach side of the complex at the elevators. It's a bit difficult to find at the moment, as all the shops around it are not open yet.

but I found that a good value considering the quality of the food and ambiance.

You must eaten in some toilets in your time then.. :o .....its a fkcing food court in a shopping center, not the Ritz...

but I found that a good value considering the quality of the food and ambiance.

You must eaten in some toilets in your time then.. :o .....its a fkcing food court in a shopping center, not the Ritz...

I have eaten at some "toilets", and they usually have good food, but the ambiance is lacking. But see, this is not any food "court" it is indeed, a food "loft". Lofts are very trendy. Very with-it. Very 'today'. I shall go there next time wearing my brick-red Juicy-Coutur pant-suit and matching Ann-Taylor wrap. My friends and I will sip a fine Chardonnay and discuss the goings-on at the local Opera Board. We will also voice our displeasure that the new shopping center does not have outlets of Hermès, Louis Vuitton, Chanel or Orange Julius.

Ha. I'm just saying, the Food Loft is much nicer than any food court in places like Carrefour or Royal Garden. It gives the "illusion" of the Ritz, in a Motel-6 town. A nice change of venue.

Three friends and I went to get a late dinner (21'00) at the Food Loft on the 3rd floor of the new Central Festival on Beach Road, and we all give it an A+.

The staff were helpful, polite ...

Me and three friends wanted to try it a couple days ago. We were at Central early evening for dinner...I had a cup of Starbucks coffee with me as we walked in (at the time, the place was completely empty). However, when the hostess saw the cup, she stopped us and said I couldn't bring it in. I said it was just about done and even showed it to her (there were maybe 3-4 sips left) but there was no reasoning with her. So our party of four walked out and the place remained empty :o

Edited by MeetJohnDoe

It's the same concept as the food court on the top floor of Royal Garden Plaza - different styles of food from which to choose, free seating and the "card". I had Chickin Tikka Masala with Naan bread from the Indian place, and it was much better than I had expected from a place with ready-made curries. The Naan was buttery and light, and the curry was flavorful with plenty of chicken. My friends had between them, a Ceasar Salad, some fried, breaded fish fillet, chinese kale and some teriyaki-chicken dish. We all enjoyed our respective meals.

For dessert, I had what I considered to be the best Tiramisù ever.

The staff were helpful, polite and most importantly, gave us space.

The seating area was great - clean and comfortable, with modern asian decor. It was very late (in fact, they closed up right as we were leaving), so the dining area was empty, quiet and a great place to have a conversation. It literally had the feeling of a five-star restaurant.

The prices were a bit higher than Royal Garden, my meal with a beer and dessert was 440 Baht, but I found that a good value considering the quality of the food and ambiance.

I didn't visit the Food Loft on my one visit to the Central Festival. However, I reject it, out of hand, at those prices. One chicken curry, a naan bread, a tirimisu, and one beer, for 440 baht? That is way beyond what I'd consider reasonable value for a "cafeteria-like" venue. I'd expect to pay that for the meal you described in a medium class, "full service" restaurant, with a nice decor, and food prepared to order.

Loft means a room at the top of the house, usually just under the roof. The original Food Loft is, I think, in Central Chidlom and is on the top floor of the building.

I think the Food Loft in Central Pattaya is terrific, but I do draw the line at B.190 for a glass of house wine (even though they are excellent wines not the usual Italian crap sold by the gallon).

To forestall questions, Chidlom is in Bangkok.

Loft means a room at the top of the house, usually just under the roof. The original Food Loft is, I think, in Central Chidlom and is on the top floor of the building.

I think the Food Loft in Central Pattaya is terrific, but I do draw the line at B.190 for a glass of house wine (even though they are excellent wines not the usual Italian crap sold by the gallon).

To forestall questions, Chidlom is in Bangkok.

I've eaten at the Food Loft in Bangkok and highly recommend it. Especially if you are with a group as everyone can choose what they want. I don't recall the prices though... Glad to here there is one in Pattaya now.

Well, I visited one time and am in no rush to go back.

Based on my limited experiences/observations:

-- you are largely paying for the hiso ambience, if you find value in that, go for it

-- not as much variety as the Bangkok Chidlom food loft (for example there they have Malaysian food)

-- prices at Bangkok Chidlom levels, OK this is expected

-- one dish I had fish with black bean sauce noodles at 100 baht, the same dish as Canton House upstairs was better tasting and was 50 baht

-- the samples for the Chinese food place looked like bad Midwestern style USA Chinese food, not authentic Chinese food

-- the pizza. pasta place, the food did not appear special or worth the price, plus small portions

-- the Korean place, better value in the same mall at that Japanese chain that does Korean

-- desserts area, quite good!/may be worth a look just for dessert (I had sticky toffee pudding, a British classic there, first time in my life, so cannot judge it, but it tasted good)

-- service, I was unclear what the role was of the waiters and they seemed unclear too, and they also appeared to be expecting tips (at a food court!)

-- want a good food court dish at the new mall? Try the REAL food court in the basement, excellent Singapore rice noodles at the Chinese BBQ stall, with roast pork for abut 60 baht

Edited by Jingthing

• 2 weeks later...
-- want a good food court dish at the new mall? Try the REAL food court in the basement, excellent Singapore rice noodles at the Chinese BBQ stall, with roast pork for abut 60 baht

Very good advice.

Go underground at the new mall for a cheap and cheerful food court. Recommended A++