Visa Panic! Help Please

hi!!!

just applied for a tourist visa multiple entry...arrive on 16 march depart on 25 May..... totallin 69 days, however during this time we will travel to laos or kuala lumpur (deciding when out there)

Applied for application via post, applied for multiple entry, 2, saying that im there for 69 days.....have i done it wrong? what is going to happen.....im so worried!!! was i meant to put 60 days?!

Thanks

i fear i didn't explain this too well. I'm a british citizen applyin by post in uk, prior to my journey.

Would really appreciate some advice. Thanks

hi!!!

just applied for a tourist visa multiple entry...arrive on 16 march depart on 25 May..... totallin 69 days, however during this time we will travel to laos or kuala lumpur (deciding when out there)

Applied for application via post, applied for multiple entry, 2, saying that im there for 69 days.....have i done it wrong? what is going to happen.....im so worried!!! was i meant to put 60 days?!

Thanks

I think that is correct, you did apply for the tourist visa, and stated 2 entrys? (cost £28+£28=£56) If so, i'm sure it's correct.

edit: I re-read your post and I now understand your worry, because you can only stay in the country for 60 days at a time and you wrote 69, even though you will be travelling in, and back out. I'm pretty sure the Thai consulate will understand and issue it still. The only problem I can see is flying into thailand, since you don't have a ticket flying out of the country within the visa limit, they may not let you in. But i've read that they very rarely check.

Edited by scottyd

I would say don't worry just yet. They will probably give you a double entry or 2 entries as you put it. If they give you 2 entries you will have a "permitted to stay" date stamped in your passport upon passing through immigration. That should be for 60 days from day of entry. If you cross over to another country, the 1st entry will be finished and when you re-enter and you will be stamped in for another 60 days.

For future information, each tourist visa entry can usually be extended for 30 days (cost about 1900 Baht). So, with proper timing, you can stay almost 180 days on a double entry tourist visa with the extensions.

I'm sure one of the moderators will add additional information or options later.

Edited by beechguy

yeah thats why i'm worried put 69 days, tourist visa is only for 60. What happens if it get refused? Can i apply again? Thanks for help by the way

I think that is correct, you did apply for the tourist visa, and stated 2 entrys? (cost £28+£28=£56) If so, i'm sure it's correct.

edit: I re-read your post and I now understand your worry, because you can only stay in the country for 60 days at a time and you wrote 69, even though you will be travelling in, and back out. I'm pretty sure the Thai consulate will understand and issue it still. The only problem I can see is flying into thailand, since you don't have a ticket flying out of the country within the visa limit, they may not let you in. But i've read that they very rarely check.

hi!!!

Thanks

Its not a problem. Each entry is good for 60 days and can be extended for 30 days at immigration which is longer than the 69 days you put on the application. Also since you asked for a two entry they would consider 60 times 2 which again is longer.