Kanchanaburi Immigrations

Nowhereman60

I just read that anyone living in Ratchaburi needs to use the Kanchanaburi Immigraitons office from the 15 Feb 09 on. Anyone in the Ratchaburi area been there before? How do you get there from Ratchaburi. How is the service there if you have been there? Also, if you haven't been there and like to take a trip with me and find it let me know.

Only been there once,about 30 days ago for my 90 day report. Great service and smiles alround.

Go up hwy 323 from Banpong, when you get to Kanchanaburi turn left at the big white building on Hwy 3429, its on the left side of road down to about hafe way to the bridge. Watch for sign.

It's very straightforward.

From Ratchaburi, take Highway 4 (Th. Petchkasem) north, and make turnoff at sign for Banpong, 323. Follow Kan'buri signs and stay on 323, (Th. Saengchuto) the only main highway to Kanchanaburi.

As youapproach Kanchanaburi,you will start to see signns for Tesco Lotus.

Before Tesco Lotus, you will approach a set of traffic lights with a 'countdown timer' on them. On your right you cannot miss the enormous white building which is the Kanchanaburi Provincial Adminstration Building and court house. Overhead a small 'local'sign shows Immigration Office in English, and an arrow to the left. You should filter to the left at this junction - this is road number 3429, and I think is signposted for Dan-makham-tia. It is a dual carriageway, and has various provincial government offices on both sides. Go slowly, and after about 500 metres, keep a lookout for a public telephone box on your left. Turn into the gateway immediately behind this phone box.

You have arrived at the Kanchanaburi Immigration Outpost!

1. If you see Tesco Lotus on your left, you have missed the turn for Immigration.Do a U turn after Tesco and go back to the taffic lights, and turn right.

2. If you miss the phone box, you miss Immigration! Do a U turn in front of the river, go back and make another U turn before the traffic lights, and watch for that phone box!

I do the trip from Photharam in an easy 50 minutes, including a 'pee stop' at Jet Jiffy.

Good journey!

If you prefer the scenic route head towards Chom Bueng on the 3087. After Com Bueng take the 3274 towards Dan Makham Tia the road changes to the 3209 where you take the left fork. At Dam Makham Tia turn right towards Kanchanaburi. The road changes to the 3429 and this heads staight for the Immigration Office. After you cross the river continue on the road until it changes to dual carriageway. Take the first U-turn and the office is immediately on the left.

The staff are very friendly especially if you greet them with a smile. They have lunch between 12:00 and 13:00.

• 2 weeks later...
I just read that anyone living in Ratchaburi needs to use the Kanchanaburi Immigraitons office from the 15 Feb 09 on. Anyone in the Ratchaburi area been there before? How do you get there from Ratchaburi. How is the service there if you have been there? Also, if you haven't been there and like to take a trip with me and find it let me know.

The Map

Placemark 2

Yours truly,

Kan Win :o

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to ask the friendly locals, when i was first looking for the Immigration Office a few years back, and ended up here!!

....................... :D

post-62796-1237378604_thumb.jpg

Follow the above posts with directions and maps and you won't make the same mistake. :o

Boycie

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone,

Could anyone tell me how I might go about getting there without my own scooter or car from the Muang District in Ratchaburi? I've only been here 5 months, but I need to get a proof of address for Police Clearance to study in the Philippines. Are there any buses or van services to the area maybe?

Jeff

I am pretty sure that there is a bus service between Kan and Ratch, not sure what the timings are though.

On the way into Kan watch out for the large Amphur Muang and you can get the bus to stop outside of the Toyota dealer or Tesco Lotus. From there you can get a 1 minute motorcycle taxi to the Immigration office.

Getting back to Ratch would probably be a little easier if you went back to the central bus station to pick up the bus at the start of it's journey.

I am pretty sure that there is a bus service between Kan and Ratch, not sure what the timings are though.

On the way into Kan watch out for the large Amphur Muang large.jpg on your Right hand side. :)

and you can get the bus to stop outside of the Toyota dealer or Tesco Lotus. From there you can get a 1 minute motorcycle taxi to the Immigration office.

Getting back to Ratch would probably be a little easier if you went back to the central bus station to pick up the bus at the start of it's journey.

Agree.

From Kan it is much easier as there are pick-up for rent with a driver going where you wish to go. Opposite the Bangkok 'Blue and White' bus stop.

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D