How Can I Make My Mobile Phone More, Er, Private?

aussiebebe

My main problem: my mobile keeps a record of everyone who ever calls me (date, time, number, missed, recieved etc) including everyone who's not my girlfriend, which is an issue when my girlfriend uses my phone and glances at the call records.

Can anyone explain how I could stop my phone keeping call records or something. I've got an I-mobile.

solutions?

I had a univ. student GF once who took this a step beyond... Without my knowledge, maybe when I was showering or something one day, she got into my mobile phone, and somehow managed to find the name and number of a rival. Later, when she was away from me, she ended up calling the rival lady (someone she didn't know at all) and screaming at her over the phone. That led to the other lady saying "adios" to me... and me saying "adios" to the univ. student. Ever since then, I never leave my mobile phone alone/unguarded.

this is what i did.

i have a nokia with the latest simbian OS.

you can get software that screen calls.

put all your ex gf on black lists, if the call, they get hung up instantly.

or block everyone and have a white list

put safe numbers on that.

MC2, that approach doesn't do anything to protect the privacy of your phone's address book....

And I'm not sure, depending on how it's implemented, if it would prevent those blocked numbers that might be calling from nonetheless showing up in your phone's log of missed calls...

MC2, that approach doesn't do anything to protect the privacy of your phone's address book....

And I'm not sure, depending on how it's implemented, if it would prevent those blocked numbers that might be calling from nonetheless showing up in your phone's log of missed calls...

true.

what i did was move sensitive numbers from the main phonebook and put in into the "hidden" list using the software.

the numbers do show up in the list of logged calls, but I reduced the history from 30 days to 1 day and that worked for me.

If your gf's going through your phone log explain mutual respect and privacy to her and if she still snoops give her the boot.

Lack of trust isn't the making of a long term succesful relationship... and if you keep doing it and she keeps snooping you're likely to get a thai hair cut :o

So if there is no trust then perhaps its time to move on? :o

i would tend to agree.

some people are not mature when it comes to trust, you may need to help them with old issues in their life,

give them a chance to trust you , obviously if they carry on like this for months or years then enough is enough

I believe when you save a number on the iMobile phone it asks where you want to save it to. I think you can put certain numbers, pictures etc into a private folder which is password protected. Mine has a habit of changing the language into Thai to use the radio or MP3 player then not putting it back!

TGs have free access to the largest and most experienced technical support network in the world. There are no security measures you can take that cannot be circumvented by a visit to the salon. GFs of, say, the head of MI6 or the CIA may need to drop by MBK to get full access to everything.

Resistance is futile! :o

dont fix your phone, fix your gf. i call whoever i want and get called by whoever. but i also tell my gf i date other girls. she accepts that im a guy and have needs.

I'm assuming she is a Thai woman... So...where do we get to the part where she takes a knife and cuts off your balls??? :o:D

See my post above about rival GFs.....

My main problem: my mobile keeps a record of everyone who ever calls me (date, time, number, missed, recieved etc) including everyone who's not my girlfriend, which is an issue when my girlfriend uses my phone and glances at the call records.

Can anyone explain how I could stop my phone keeping call records or something. I've got an I-mobile.

solutions?

Seriously, I think the problem is the girl not the phone. I would kill myself if my wife does that. She doesn't even touch my laptop because she has her own.

But anyways, can't your phone delete records of calls or messages?

If not, maybe get a phone with Windows Mobile/Iphone.

**Quote deleted by Moderator

Well since Valentinob29 and his friends are the greatest SLEEZE BAGS in Bangkok (it was the gangbang in bkk wasnt it ingers?) THEN I am sure his/her advice in relation to cheating lying and deceiving is good advice because he/they (because valentinob is more than one person) are experienced at this game. Arnt you ingers, I mean Valentino? :D:o

Edited by Reimar
quote delted

• 2 weeks later...

solutions?

Surely when you look in the call records log, the details of each particular call has list of options, one which is "delete" and will delete the call from the log.

I have a Samsung D500 and this option works fine for me. Before I always had Nokias, I thought that was an option which worked with them too.

Maybe not? So buy a Samsung.

solutions?

Get a Samsung SoulB. It has a privacy lock for each individual menu ie call log, messages, calender, phonebook.

• 3 weeks later...
**Quote deleted by Moderator

Well since Valentinob29 and his friends are the greatest SLEEZE BAGS in Bangkok (it was the gangbang in bkk wasnt it ingers?) THEN I am sure his/her advice in relation to cheating lying and deceiving is good advice because he/they (because valentinob is more than one person) are experienced at this game. Arnt you ingers, I mean Valentino? :D:o

thanks for kind words- and she does say hello to you- yes, it was the GB that was discussed,is that relative?, wanna come to one? Sounds like you are need brother!

yes, we he/she/they are very experianced at such matter's.In this day and age on needs to be to protect one's human/civil right's.

Why the venom and the pulling up the so called, but not really" dirt"

Anyway, a quick look on google will show many ways around this problem( rpivacy- not male ego defeincy...!

There's a program called iBlacklist for jailbroken iphones that can do all that. there are many options for blacklisted numbers but standard is to send them to voice mail while not showing an incoming call. it also deletes all blacklisted numbers from the incoming and outgoing logs, and deletes text messages from the SMS app but keeps them in an internal log.

There's also iCallBR which can delete individual entries from the call logs, though any Nokia or other phone can do that out of the box (iPhone can per default only either delete all, or none).

For some reason iBlacklist also has an option to block the endlessly annoying "Call Forwarding" popup I otherwise would get on every call. And that's the only thing I use it for, honest :D

Change of gf might be wiser, but change of phone might be easier :o

Edited by nikster

I think you are being a bit harsh on your Thai gf. I have had a few Thai bf and they are the same - curious. Even my passport used to get regularly scrutinised to check my trips.

Thais also gossip among themselves (we know that) ... and they tell each other what we know to be outrageous lies ... (like 'maybe you have been making extra trips to Thailand and you have removed the offending pages from your passport ... ).

It's only natural that they are jealous of other Thais. This takes a lot of time to overcome - until you can prove to them you are faithful to them and not a butterfly.

The jealousy will go away when they realise they have your heart and then you will be free to look but not touch.

As far as the phone goes - either stick with the one you have - and have a 0 Day Log setting or change phones as some ops have suggested.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one who thinks it is a bit (lot) hypocritical to be dissing the girl for not having trust, when she obviously has every reason not to trust the OP...

If he is receiveing calls from other girls... he is quite likely acting upon those calls... and therefore she has a good reason not to trust him...

If he isn't doing anything wrong, then he should have a problem with her checking his phone log... and have no reason to delete any calls...

Time to choose if you want to have a GF or not, rather than criticising her for not trusting you...

Or tell her that she is number 1, but there are others, and let her choose to stay or go (and sleep with one eye open :o )

Cheers,

Daewoo