Foriegn Inheritance

expatgaz

If a foriegner owns property in a company name , has no Thai wife or Thai relatives what happens after his / her death ? does the company owned property pass down to his / her next of kin who may for instance reside in the U.K or does the state own it ?

Can property in a company ( of conveniance)name be passed down to living relatives, for example to Heirs in the U.K ?

If a foriegner owns property in a company name ,  has no Thai wife or Thai relatives what happens after his / her death ? does the company owned property pass down to his / her next of kin who may for instance reside in the U.K or does the state own it ?

Can property in a company ( of conveniance)name be passed down to living relatives, for example to Heirs in the U.K ?

I'm no expert, but i doubt very much if the state can claim the property. I would imagine the company would still own the property, and it's a case of your shares in the company passing down to your next of kin, so they would own it that way. Also, foreigners can only be minority shareholders in thai companies, so i would consult a good lawyer and draw up a will.