Airplane Headphone Adaptor

billp

I broke my precious little airplane headphone adaptor on my last flight - this is the little gizmo that allows you to plug a standard 1/8 inch jack (ie Walkman/iPod standard) into the 2-prong receptacle many airlines still have, so you can use your much more comfortable and high quality headsets in the aircraft's sound system.

Can anybody suggest where I might find a replacement in Bangkok? It took me months the last time to find one - I finally got it at Nice Airport.

Please no general suggestions like MBK, Panthip or Fortune Town. I plan to spend some hours in these huge malls searching anyway. But if you happen to know of a specific shop that actually has these for sale I would be much appreciative.

I broke my precious little airplane headphone adaptor on my last flight - this is the little gizmo that allows you to plug a standard 1/8 inch jack (ie Walkman/iPod standard) into the 2-prong receptacle many airlines still have, so you can use your much more comfortable and high quality headsets in the aircraft's sound system.

Can anybody suggest where I might find a replacement in Bangkok? It took me months the last time to find one - I finally got it at Nice Airport.

Please no general suggestions like MBK, Panthip or Fortune Town. I plan to spend some hours in these huge malls searching anyway. But if you happen to know of a specific shop that actually has these for sale I would be much appreciative.

Sorry to say I bought mine in Singapore Airport, never found them in Thailand, so if you find them, let the world know

I own a pair of Bose headsets and they have that attachment. How about going to the Bose store at Siam Paragon. Maybe they sell it as a replacement part for their headsets or can order one for you....BUT the planes I fly on accept the standard jack...

I saw one in Pantip last time I was there. I don't remember the store's name, but it was a store selling nothing but cables and adapters, I believe (but not sure) that it was on the third floor towards the left with your back to the main entrance.

OK, I found the adaptor in Panthip, on the ground floor, to the left as you come in, booth with a yellow sign over it. I bought 2 adaptors for good measure for 100 baht each. The one I broke had cost me 6 euros in Nice airport.

3314458488_79a72bcb2f.jpg