Where There's A Will

H2oDunc

Greetings all. Yesterday I was on my veranda just having a surf when something on the ground caught my eye. Now I,ve always been a dog man but the Ex mrs H2o loved cats. Since she passed I seem to have suddenly acquired a couple of strays so have taken to feeding them. They get the odd tin of cat food, they love spare rib bones and the bones from chicken wings but their staple diet is the dry cat food / biscuits.

So looking down I saw a couple of the cats biscuits slowly moving across the floor. Upon closer examination their was several small red ants heaving the biscuits back to their nest. All in all they moved 6 spilt biscuits over a distance of about 4-5 metres. The co operation and the sheer strength was amazing! Nature at its best :o

post-24982-1235462070_thumb.jpg

Greetings all. Yesterday I was on my veranda just having a surf when something on the ground caught my eye. Now I,ve always been a dog man but the Ex mrs H2o loved cats. Since she passed I seem to have suddenly acquired a couple of strays so have taken to feeding them. They get the odd tin of cat food, they love spare rib bones and the bones from chicken wings but their staple diet is the dry cat food / biscuits.

So looking down I saw a couple of the cats biscuits slowly moving across the floor. Upon closer examination their was several small red ants heaving the biscuits back to their nest. All in all they moved 6 spilt biscuits over a distance of about 4-5 metres. The co operation and the sheer strength was amazing! Nature at its best :o

i believe the pharoahs used to make the jewish people do the same thing until joseph sorted them out :D

Believe it or not but that one just ran about the rest and didn't join in with the heavy work. Having been reading about ants since they have a very structured system of work in the nest As said I'm going tomorrow to get the materials for an ant nest. Its something to keep me out of the bar :o

i believe the pharoahs used to make the jewish people do the same thing until joseph sorted them out :D

Made them eat cat food?

Regards

I thought that was Moses who led the chosen people out of Egypt