Treaveling In Bangkok

eladblum

Most places are open as usual, but they'll need to keep their cash/valuables wrapped up in plastic. I never sought to get wet, but even with my wallet wrapped in a shopping bag, I was so soaked that I had to peel the notes apart. You really have to grin and bear it because you get soaked whether you want to play or not.

My advice is to stay out of dodge. The first year here I enjoyed it, but it got really old after the first day with being always wet! Everything must be covered or you face damaging your camera, mobile and wallet being soaking wet.

That said everything is open, but most sane people get out of town or stay in doors. If you head to places like Hua Hin they only play water for one day up until evening which is acceptable to me.

My advice is to stay out of dodge. The first year here I enjoyed it, but it got really old after the first day with being always wet! Everything must be covered or you face damaging your camera, mobile and wallet being soaking wet.

That said everything is open, but most sane people get out of town or stay in doors. If you head to places like Hua Hin they only play water for one day up until evening which is acceptable to me.

How many days does it go on in Bangkok?

The traffic in Bangkok during Songkran is sweet, very little traffic compared to usual. Dont travel by tuk-tuk or non air-con bus though with open windows!

Songkran is 13-15 but this year since the 11th and 12th is the weekend expect a five day holiday.

Its fun for a day or so. As for getting your phone and wallet wet, in all the times I have ventured out, i double bag em and hold them high when approaching water throwers and nothing has happened. Most people realise this and will try to avoid your personal items if held "High and Away" from your body.

This year I PLAN to get even with these people.....I have modified my supersoaker which is now plumbed thru a highpressure water pump which is powered by a diesel generator on the back of my pickup. This baby will knock you over at 30 feet.

I also have a special tank full of ice and freezing cold water just to make things really interesting. :o

This year I PLAN to get even with these people.....I have modified my supersoaker which is now plumbed thru a highpressure water pump which is powered by a diesel generator on the back of my pickup. This baby will knock you over at 30 feet.

I also have a special tank full of ice and freezing cold water just to make things really interesting. :o

Oh I would love to see this! If you in Silom...I would stay around just to watch! Revenge is a dish served cold! Love it! lol!

One day I walked from National Stadium station all the way to Khao San Rd and didn't hit water the whole way. Of course KS was different, but I was glad of the drenching by then.

Bangkok is pretty tame unless you look for the wildness

I think of it as being like snow. Fun for one day but shit after. And there's no way to really avoid it other than staying in doors.

Inclined to agree. My first Songran last year and 5 days was a bit much.

2/3 days is enough for me. I wouldn't want to travel though - many many accidents and drunk drivers!

I went to Pattaya during my first songkran. Was in this rusting and very cramped minibus next to some Israeli who had just arrived and apparently knew nothing about it.. As we arrived in Pattaya, he took a bowl full of water square in the face, much to my (and I suspect his wife's) amusement. Probably the most pleasure I had from that whole weekend!