Even More Mad Licencing Hours

lampard10

as an update to my previous comments,the so called Thai licensing law has come out with an even bette & bizarre rule than before;

Under the new ruling my restaurant can only sell beer between 11.00 & 14.00 and 18.00 -midnight unless, wait for it, the customer buys two or more CASES of the beverage. Comments please on this wonderful piece of Thai logic.

P.S. I have been informed that there is a loop-hole in the law that makes it possible to sell alcahol outside these times if it is accompanied with Rice Porridge

( this is probably so to not upset too many of the Chinese) :o:D:D

P.S.  I have been informed that there is a loop-hole in the law that makes it possible to sell alcahol outside these times if it is accompanied with Rice Porridge

( this is probably so to not upset too many of the Chinese) :D  :D  :D

Someone's pulling your leg, methinks. :D

rice porridge = Jok (pronounced 'JOKE') :o

:D:D:D

P.S.  I have been informed that there is a loop-hole in the law that makes it possible to sell alcahol outside these times if it is accompanied with Rice Porridge

There is a grain of truth in that statement.

You can sell grog all night if you sell rice porridge AND have a rice porridge license. Each district has a very limited number of licenses and is usually given to a shop near the bus station or railway so that travellers can eat and drink when thet travel at night.

There is a grain of truth in that statement.

You can sell grog all night if you sell rice porridge AND have a rice porridge license. Each district has a very limited number of licenses and is usually given to a shop near the bus station or railway so that travellers can eat and drink when thet travel at night.

Convenvient for the Bus and Train drivers, too. :o

I came up against this problem in Tesco, just before New Year.

"Could I buy beer instead?" was their approach.

They nearly lost 3000 baht of business, until common sense kicked in

and I got the booze I needed.

I hope they will see a drop in sales and force the government to change its mind,

just as happened on the restricted opening hours!

I hope they will see a drop in sales and force the government to change its mind,

I am talking about retricted opening hours. I am not a retailer ,I am a restaurant and bar. All the restaurants and bars in Surin, (and now I hear the same from other parts,) have been ordered only to sell booze between 11-14 & 17-24

I am talking about retricted opening hours. I am not a retailer ,I am a restaurant and bar. All the restaurants and bars in Surin, (and now I hear the same from other parts,) have been ordered only to sell booze between 11-14 & 17-24

Interesting. I was just in Korat yesterday at my "favorite" place all afternoon. No mention of this "problem" as yet anyway.

All the big supermarkets are banning booze between 2-5pm,except 7-11's,do they have some special arrangment?

Tops have got A4 size yellow signs in thai and english confirming the time ban on the booze shelves and at some of the checkouts.

But just go round the corner to the local mom & pop store and I am sure they would be happy to take your money.

Astral - not sure if it is wise to force the issue. You never know, the guy in the queue behind you could be some policeman / local authority man and fine Tesco.

I posted a few weeks ago about the Emporiom in Bangkok,none of the restaurants can sell in the afternoon.

Willl it be bars next?

All the big supermarkets are banning booze between 2-5pm,except 7-11's,do they have some special arrangment?

I am sure this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the 7 - 11 Franchise for Thailand is owned by the CP Group - who happen to be a major supporter of the Dear Leaders party.

Anyone who believes differently should be ashamed of themselves!

Patrick

as an update to my previous comments,the so called Thai licensing law has come out with an even bette & bizarre rule than before;

Under the new ruling my restaurant can only sell beer between 11.00 & 14.00 and 18.00 -midnight  unless, wait for it, the customer buys two or more CASES of the beverage.  Comments please on this wonderful piece of Thai logic.

( this is probably so to not upset too many of the Chinese) :o  :D  :D

Hi,

Maybe its the same logic that you apply to call your restaurant 'your' restaurant, which according to Thai law is 'not' your restaurant ???

I believe we are all guests in the Kingdom, na ?

They do have specific pub laws in the UK, and I get fingerprinted if I want to enter the US, do you hear me complain ?

Just my 2 satang

Under the new ruling my restaurant can only sell beer between 11.00 & 14.00 and 18.00 -midnight  unless, wait for it, the customer buys two or more CASES of the beverage.  Comments please on this wonderful piece of Thai logic.

Hi,

Maybe its the same logic that you apply to call your restaurant 'your' restaurant, which according to Thai law is 'not' your restaurant ???

They do have specific pub laws in the UK, and I get fingerprinted if I want to enter the US, do you hear me complain ?

Just my 2 satang

Actually as my restaurant is a limited company and I own 45% shares,I don't think I need your permission to call it my restaurant. Maybe your knickname should be haasip satang. And that's giving you the benefit of the doubt. It's a pity you can't use this forum for the reason it was meant to be used,and that is to give help to those who have queeries instead of making stupid, unintelligent, worthless remarks to try and show off. :D

Under the new ruling my restaurant can only sell beer between 11.00 & 14.00 and 18.00 -midnight  unless, wait for it, the customer buys two or more CASES of the beverage.   Comments please on this wonderful piece of Thai logic.

Hi,

Just my 2 satang

Actually as my restaurant is a limited company and I own 45% shares,I don't think I need your permission to call it my restaurant. Maybe your knickname should be haasip satang. And that's giving you the benefit of the doubt. It's a pity you can't use this forum for the reason it was meant to be used,and that is to give help to those who have queeries instead of making stupid, unintelligent, worthless remarks to try and show off. Asrehole :D

Hi,

Actually I just received a PM from a mod asking me to be less rude......

Just look at your post just flaming me away.....

Nice welcome to newbees I must admit.

Also, I only pointed out your lack of logic, I used your % of ownership only as an example, maybe this passed over your head.....

Remember, their country - their rules ? live with it, or invest more money with good laywers for a better set up for a holding company to own 100 % of 'your' restaurant......

Then you want me to contribute ? Perhaps read your opening post here, where was your contribution at all ????? and which help did you require ???

Nope, you only complained. Is that the right use of this board ?

As to my nick, its an expression, 2 cents are enough, I dont need the 50 :D

cordially,

just my 2 satang

I think you have not grasped the point that lampard10 made. He is a legal tax payer and has a right to complain against stupid laws. He is married to a Thai national and has as much right as anybody to complain. It his his and his wifes lives mate.

The "it's not your country" bullshit doesn't wash with me.

If he was born in Australia or NZ, he would have the ability to own his company 100%.Then what would you say?

Just my 10c worth

I think you have not grasped the point that lampard10 made. He is a legal tax payer and has a right to complain against stupid laws. He is married to a Thai national and has as much right as anybody to complain. It his his and his wifes lives mate.

If he was born in Australia or NZ, he would have the ability to own his company 100%.Then what would you say?

Just my 10c worth

Ok, I'll go along.....

So, when I argue against a complainer, I am flamed, as no arguments are allowed here to put things into their correct perspective ? Thats all I did here.

And where must I have the knowledge that he is married to a Thai national and pays taxes ? Only expats would pay taxes.....

And your example is weak, even if you own 100 % of a company, you are still in a foreign country accepting their rules. You know that BEFORE you start a company, right ? You know the dangers, pittfalls and risks, no ?

Another example : in Germany there are no speed limits on the motorways, once they cross borders, all their neighbours do have speedlimits.

What do you think ? They still speed ? nope.

BTW, yes, that latest rule of buying booze by the clock is indeed stupid, but then what ?

Most farang go to LOS on holiday, discover paradise, untill they settle and invest there. Only then they wake up.

LOS still belongs to the Thais.....

just my 2 satang

Just my 10c worth

Ok, I'll go along.....

So, when I argue against a complainer, I am flamed, as no arguments are allowed here to put things into their correct perspective ? Thats all I did here.

And where must I have the knowledge that he is married to a Thai national and pays taxes ? Only expats would pay taxes.....

And your example is weak, even if you own 100 % of a company, you are still in a foreign country accepting their rules. You know that BEFORE you start a company, right ? You know the dangers, pittfalls and risks, no ?

Another example : in Germany there are no speed limits on the motorways, once they cross borders, all their neighbours do have speedlimits.

What do you think ? They still speed ? nope.

BTW, yes, that latest rule of buying booze by the clock is indeed stupid, but then what ?

Most farang go to LOS on holiday, discover paradise, untill they settle and invest there. Only then they wake up.

LOS still belongs to the Thais.....

just my 2 satang

This is not a flame.

For all intense and purposes, this is his country as he has married a Thai and lives here and for all we know could be a permanent resident …..where is you argument now if this is the case?

I came to LOS for the first time with my wife, so to use the holiday thing does not describe this typical farang.

just my 1 cents worth. :o

Actually as my restaurant is a limited company and I own 45% shares,I don't think I need your permission to call it my restaurant. Maybe your knickname should be haasip satang. And that's giving you the benefit of the doubt. It's a pity you can't use this forum for the reason it was meant to be used,and that is to give help to those who have queeries instead of making stupid, unintelligent, worthless remarks to try and show off. Asrehole

Hi,

Nope, the above is the flame...... I was referring to that.

How do you know OP is married at all ? and even more, paying taxes as well ?

Sorry, you extrapolate too much in this.

Besides, living in any country for a few months or even years does not make him a permanent resident. A Thai passport does. Thai law, remember ?

I lived over a year in Saudi, I would never even think of calling that home.

But I had the temp ID card, work permit e.a.

Just my 2 satang

Actually as my restaurant is a limited company and I own 45% shares,I don't think I need your permission to call it my restaurant. Maybe your knickname should be haasip satang. And that's giving you the benefit of the doubt. It's a pity you can't use this forum for the reason it was meant to be used,and that is to give help to those who have queeries instead of making stupid, unintelligent, worthless remarks to try and show off. Asrehole

Hi,

Besides, living in any country for a few months or even years does not make him a permanent resident. A Thai passport does. Thai law, remember ?

Just my 2 satang

Keep, it nice 2 satang , you have your second warning already in 12 posts . next one you can go and sit on the bench.

Hi,

Just my 2 satang

In previous posts he mentioned he was married .

So if he has a Thai passport, it makes it ok?Maybe he has? a good farang friend of mine has a Thai passport.....<deleted> then?

Never could give a rats bum about Saudi or any other country.Why do you give this example? Please don't state the obvious.

Your previous posts tend to take a negative view of things.

just my 3 cents

Your previous posts tend to take a negative view of things.

Negative ?

Now then, I tried to put another perspective to this thread, I got flamed for this, I got warned by a mod for this, and I am negative ? :o

Is the essence of a discussion board to discuss and bring different POVs to one subject ?

But no problem, I am out of this thread.

Really, its..... just my 2 satang

Hi,

Just my 2 satang

Why don't you look on my website www.farangconnection.awebspace.com you'll see pictures of me actually meeting Thaksin,the Chief of Police of Surin Province and other dignataries of the state. ..................and thanks for the support of all who want to keep this forum as it was meant to be :o:D:D:D

Hi,

Just my 2 satang

Why don't you look on my website www.farangconnection.awebspace.com you'll see pictures of me actually meeting Thaksin,the Chief of Police of Surin Province and other dignataries of the state. ..................and thanks for the support of all who want to keep this forum as it was meant to be :o:D:D:D

and anyway,with all this petty bickering no-one has even attempted to come up with an answer to the question I posed. Maybe the smart-arse that asked if Surin was in Thailand when I first reported the problem could throw some light on it. Or maybe we should have two forums..one for wisecrackers who have nothing better to do,and one for people who try to find out the truth. Eitherway I will subscribe to both of them. Sarcastic wit in the right place by the right person can be quite amusing :D:D:D