Need Hotel Room4laptop Internet Connection 24 Hour

bangkapiboy

Hi there. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Can any of you recall a hotel room in Pattaya that has the ability to connect my laptop for unlimited periods of time to the internet? I must connect my laptop using local internet service from the room, and without limit (disconnect every few hours I guess is ok).

So many hotels in pattaya have ancient phone connections and do not have the ability to directly connect my laptop to the internet.

I'll be in town later this month and really need this.

Your hotel recommendations will greatly help me. Jomtien or Pattaya is fine. Oh, and I'm on a budget, please. Dont want to spend more than 800B :o

Thanks-

Not at that price. In fact, I would bet that you would need to pay in the neighborhood of 2,000 / night at a minimum during high season to get that service. And I do mean a minimum.

If you need to be connected all of that time, then you would more than likely want a broadband connection. That would require a 4 star or 5 star hotel.

There is one alternative.

Winners Inn, on Soi Buakhow, just north of Diana Inn about 400 meters and nroth of Sawadee Something another 200 meters, on the east side of the street has a broadband internet cafe downstairs. Although I doubt it is available in the rooms, downstairs is pretty close, and the price is about 30B per hour. You would get it for less than that if you use a lot of hours and are also staying at the hotel.

Residence Garden Hotel has a reliable and cheap (6 or 8 Bt per call, rather unlimited (I did not try it for more than 2 hours) Telephone line in the rooms.

Can get a Suite for 1350 Bt when booked through FLB Website.

Great All suites Hotel on the way between SOPA and Jomtien, on the Baht bus line.

Sunny

Thanks guys. I don't need 4 star broadband. Just a hotel with the ability to let my laptop connect to dial-up.

Anyway 30B an hour isn't too bad for broadband either.

I won't want to spend 1350B a night.

Bangkok hotels had no problem connecting -- they seem to have newer hotel phone networks.