True Adsl Connection Is Good But Computer Wont Connect

goofie

I have a TRUE ADSL connection, when I take the cable out of one computer and plug it into the other, no little connection icon comes up and no net connection. When I phciscly plub it in, the little light changes a bit at the connection. It is running XP Pro, is there any setting I can change to fix this easily?

Goofie

I have a TRUE ADSL connection, when I take the cable out of one computer and plug it into the other, no little connection icon comes up and no net connection. When I phciscly plub it in, the little light changes a bit at the connection. It is running XP Pro, is there any setting I can change to fix this easily?

Goofie

try this: go to Settings--> Network Connection--> LAN(Local Area Network) then right click on it, go to the LAN Properties

select TCP/IP Settings (Properties), make sure you put a tick in "Obtain an IP Address Automatically" and "Obtain DNS Address Automatically" , click OK, that should fix it i hope, otherways just let us to know the details of any probs you might have (ie: warning messages, etc) :o

It's an ethernet cable. No Idea what the number mean!!!

On that computer when I get to >Network Connection> nothing pops up like on my other computer. (Like Local Area OCnnection, or Wireless Connection ect).

When I right Click on Network Connections, I get a little box with OPEN / EXPLORE.

Left clicking on it or on OPEN Opens up a page NETWORK CONNECTION, with create new connection etc down the left hand side.

No luck yet on that computer. I am bamboozed by this :o

the number just refers to the plug type

the computer on which when you open up network connections and there is nothing but "add new connection" , is the networks socket on the motherboard ( ie - a socket near the USB and sound sockets ) or is it a network card in a slot further down.

it seems as if your network adapter on the computer has not been installed.