Buy Baht Now Or Wait 8 Months?

I will be coming to Thailand at the beginning of April for a month, returning to the uk until mid November and then back to thailand for 6 months. Im considering brining extra cash tp put in my thai bank account maybe 4-5k, or would it be better to keep it here in the uk and hope the pound picks up by november?

what are the chances the pound will be better or worse by november?

Thanks for any advice

I will be coming to Thailand at the beginning of April for a month, returning to the uk until mid November and then back to thailand for 6 months. Im considering brining extra cash tp put in my thai bank account maybe 4-5k, or would it be better to keep it here in the uk and hope the pound picks up by november?

Thanks for any advice

chances are 50/50, hope that helps. My oppinion is you should wait.

baht fall in january some 3% (discussion on another thread), and most likely this tendency will continue - so you are better off waiting till the end of the year.

I don't think it can be worse as it's now

Thanks for any advice

Wait!

I don't think theyll be much change, but you may get in at 55 at some point.

60 odd by the Summer...I hope :o

RAZZ

No way the Baht hasnot seen 52 since november this is in for the long term even if they get there finger out and devalue the Baht its to late now for it to take any affect this year my opinion if you want to do any building or investing forget it this year wipe this one off 2009

60 odd by the Summer...I hope :o

RAZZ

No way the Baht hasnot seen 52 since november this is in for the long term even if they get there finger out and devalue the Baht its to late now for it to take any affect this year my opinion if you want to do any building or investing forget it this year wipe this one off 2009

Actually it peaked at 56 in November and averaged 54 for the month. It had been 59 in October.I had a friend who came to Thailand in September when the rate was 62 and he refused to exchange his £5,000 until it got nearer to 70 ! When it was 58 I told him to exchange then as the rate would go under 50 before it went back over 60.

If you read the other financial topics you will find it is all a waste of time, the world is going to end around the 12th March - either that or the sky will be falling down !

If we survive then I shall hang on for signs of the rate going over 60 as I also need to re-stock my Thai bank account. In the meantime I will take out as little as I need via the ATM.

Nobody has a clue where the mess is heading to next.

As you are talking about the GBP/THB rate then negative pressures on the GBP are going to be

- this week the MPC is likely to drop the GBP interest rate further :o

- they are starting up the quantitative easing process this month, ie printing GBPs, the authorisation has been given. :D :D

- the USD is, despite all the US problems, is holding up as the world's reserve currency, so there might be more movement out of GBPs to USDs

and, on the THB side, there is a "steady as she goes" policy on the THB from the BoT.

the only upward pressure on the GBP is the huge volume of hope from TV members. :D :D :wai:

Unless something major happens I cannot see any reason for the GBP to make any gains over the next six months.

But why not hedge and convert 50% now and then the rest later?